Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I made it through the Yankee swap with dignity intact. I ended with a small notepad and matching pen AKA junk I can leave in the office. I walked home with a bunch of leftovers and an open bottle of red wine. Tomorrow has two meetings, one which announces the placenta eater's exit to Senior Staff, the second where her exit is announced to all staff.

• Like 4

I've never had any of the 4 things you mentioned, but still can't help but feel that it's a horrific analogy.

My point is, I picture placenta is bursting with complexity and flavor that is unimaginable to those of us who've never tried one.

• Like 2

I'm assuming everyone else is also off until January 16th?

However, I'm excited, because unlike Frau. my life is dope and I do dope shit.

• Like 3

I'm not off, but I'm never really on.

I did win a lil $20, 6-person tourney on betcoin tonight. Somewhere north of $300 for first. I then turned that into at least a thousand, and lost pretty much all of it in the following two hours. A good evening.

• Like 2

I bought a ticket for a play tonight called The Christians. It's at the Mark Taper has a live gospel choir, and is supposed to be fantastic. I think I'll get downtown early and see if I can treat myself to a nice single lady dinner.

I've got a lunch on Saturday, then work, then work on Sunday, and then I'm off. Maybe I'll try to see a lot of movies? I have a couple of Christmas invites, and New Years and New Year's Day. It just feels like I'm going to have a lot of nothing-doing time.

• Like 2

My computer randomly decided to not accept my password and it took me a good 20 minutes to get it resolved and then I got an angry message from IT because I tried to cHnge my password twice in 24 hours. We're starting to ramp up to budget season and I'm sort of just in a holding period until month end when I'll be busy as shit. Neither of the people on food duty brought anything today. Today has just been a giant L. Im ready to go home and go to bed forever.

As of 4:30, I'm off for 9 days, then work 4, then off for 3. For me, that's a YUUUGE win

UFC in Orlando tomorrow night. Not going. But will watch.

Dolphins on at 4 on Sunday. Besides that, not much happening.

I gave out too many likes this page.

• Like 1

New Pusha today so it's not all bad, I guess.

Might go up to MPLS this weekend, might not.

Might go watch basketball with my buddy tomorrow, might not.

Ronald, my Florida wedding is in Jacksonville in October. I don't think that's close to Orlando.

It's actually super close if you are thinking about Florida in terms of Iowa driving.

It's like driving from DSM to Iowa City or something. Like 120 miles or so. Plus you could just drive straight down the Atlantic which would be fun.

Remember, Ronald lives on the far northeast side of Orlando.

We have a (wife's) family Christmas party tomorrow, which is fine mostly. My wife's dad has 3 siblings, two sisters and a brother. One of the sisters is hosting the party and we get along great with her and her husband and the other sister. The brother/wife's uncle is mostly an ass and has had many falling outs with his siblings off and on over the years and with us for about 15 as he was a partner in our cell phone stores and my split from the company was less than amicable. Always makes things awkward because he tries to be this great guy at gatherings like this but every time I'm around him the knife wound in my back flares up again.

I'll be in Orlando sometime next spring for work. But I'll have to go from there right to Miami to see another client, so it's unlikely I have time to not see Ronny on my trip.

You FCKING make time.

Naps, brvy is correct, at least on the 2hrs part. We'll meet in Daytona and squeeze some cards.

• Like 3

I wanted some health food for breakfast today (brunch, really) so made Bacon and Potato Tart

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%283%29.jpg

Layer the bottom of a fry pan with bacon, sprinkle with S & P, then a thin layer of sliced potatoes, grated cheese (old cheddar, parm, grated onion, minced garlic), and fresh thyme leaves. Repeat until the layers are about twice the height of the pan.

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%281%29.jpg

Wrap it back up in bacon and cover the bacon ends with a small pot lid to keep them from unravelling while they cook. A lot (a lot!) of fat is going to come off this so put the pan onto a deep baking sheet or something and into a 350 degree oven for about 2.5 hours.

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%286%29.jpg

When a sharp knife goes in easily and the bacon looks done, take it out of the oven and drain as much fat as possible.

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%285%29.jpg

Invert onto plate, then again to get it upright and let it set for 15 minutes while you poach eggs, make hollandaise, and blister tomatoes.

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%284%29.jpg

Serve, eat, nap, gym.

Bacon%20and%20Potato%20Tart%20%282%29.jpg

• Like 6