• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The NYC trip was selfish, I work a lot, and then travel to the Midwest to see aging relatives. I don't know what I want to do for my next solo. I live in a big city, so I can go smaller. Maybe New Orleans or Santa Fe?

While the day trader did buy my coffee, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten me a fountain drink, no prob.

Definitely choose Santa Fe. Its great there, the gallery scene is tacky and tourist'y but the town itself is solid and the food is off the chain. The Latinas there are a cut below Texas but better than California.

Have you been to New Orleans?

• Like 1

Jambalaya!

Dice up a couple bell peppers (I ised red and green), a couple stalks of celery and a yellow onion,

1A120C52-F8F7-4A09-A71D-141330B9B634_zpsmgvvtzdf.jpg

Add the trinity to a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, sauté over medium high heat for 3 or 4 minutes then add 4 cloves of diced garlic. Stir and sauté a couple more minutes

36F990F9-15AF-41B4-BB46-E01482B08B37_zpsenana9sm.jpg

Add 4 links of andouille sausage, sliced and 3 chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces. Stir and cook until the chicken is just about cooked through.

9BC2B758-03A2-4F0A-B4A6-C6D31FB90969_zpswbhbdx7q.jpg

Add a can of tomatoes, 3 cups of chicken stock, and a couple tablespoons of creole seasoning

C399A83D-93CC-4BBE-8916-D18C8231F9BA_zpsrl7plkv3.jpg

Also throw in a tablespoon of thyme, a bay leaf and a cup and a half of rice.

0AE32A8D-498F-48B5-8985-B5CBF482E496_zpshakryy6q.jpg

Stir to combine, cover and let simmer on medium low until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes

83008866-244D-43A4-943F-751FD2E70A89_zpsyu6cndca.jpg

Add a pound of uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, stir and cover for another 5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.

10C9280E-E3CE-4A47-BA60-C27E88C0798E_zpsikgupnqv.jpg

Dish up and add some Louisana hot sauce to taste.

2A0D4FAA-590D-4F6C-ABFA-5C5B43462B86_zpsaabxwwxm.jpg

• Like 6

Definitely choose Santa Fe. Its great there, the gallery scene is tacky and tourist'y but the town itself is solid and the food is off the chain. The Latinas there are a cut below Texas but better than California.

Have you been to New Orleans?

I haven't been to New Orleans, and honestly, I'm waffling mostly because of my shellfish allergy. I hate not being able to eat the good stuff on the menu.

It's Santa Fe, right? Look at the opera house. I'm not a fan of opera, but love theatricality.

3558-tune_in_to_santa_fe_opera.jpg

A good friend of mine from college is really looking into opening a brewery in Florida with his parents and he asked me if I would want to be involved in an accounting capacity. He ran the idea by his parents and they seem open to the idea. I'd like to think this is Brvy and brvy working together to get that additional income I've been asking for. You might have to change up your beer drinking preferences, Ronald, if this goes down.

• Like 1

No idea. I don't even know where he lives. It's still not a done deal. The have another meeting with the SBA this week and what little we've talked about it sounds like they've been discussing it for awhile but he just talked to me about it last week.

You would think your current employers would have a work product type thing, or at least you'd better approve outside jobs through the boss

One SBA program is running out of money this year, true story. They will probably just keep funding it.

Im sure I could contract with some CPA firm to do taxes in the spring if I really wanted to. I've thought about getting a small amount of clients to do bookkeeping on the side but I'm still not sold on this town or job long term and it seems like a lot of work.

We haven't discussed pay at all but I assume I would just be a 1099 employee. I'm supposed to inform HR about any outside employment but I probably wouldn't here. There's no business overlap and it would be a small amount of time.

Ask for very modest payment, but then demand they let you use that payment to purchase equity in the brewery. Come out owning 3% and maybe sell it back to them later if they do well.

• Like 1

I thought about something like that. My only worry is if they need a capital infusion or get sued or something and if I'd be responsible for a lot of money. I don't know. Is there a way to structure it where I'm not responsible for anything like that?

You would think your current employers would have a work product type thing, or at least you'd better approve outside jobs through the boss

One SBA program is running out of money this year, true story. They will probably just keep funding it.

I would have to clear outside work for sure. I have compliance up my ass on everything I do.

it's funny, my biggest pending idea right now is basically what we are talking about. I have a draft going through review for a program to use employees external to the tax team as fill-ins during the tax season. all of them have finance or accounting degrees, and all of them are poor as ****, so why not offer them a $100/return bonus for doing inputs, and free up actual CPAs for more important work?

the idea hit me one day, when I had just been on here scheming about working pizza delivery, leaving work at like 9pm on a Friday, and literally all of the tax employees' cars were still in the parking lot.

My incredible sense of humour.

Son of client called, he wants the trust to gift him money because he doesnt want it all to go to his moms nursing home. I was like yeah that aint happening.

My incredible sense of humour.

Son of client called, he wants the trust to gift him money because he doesnt want it all to go to his moms nursing home. I was like yeah that aint happening.

I'm not sure that's how trusts work. Hah. Maybe he'll kill mom

And no, but you're getting warmer