I Called In Sick Today

3 hours ago, brvheart said:

How is your grandma doing, Napa?

Can we start seriously considering the fact that Suited has probably died of Covid?

I honestly don’t know. Don’t really care, tbh. My biggest concern is that if she dies and they sell the family farm I don’t have the capital to purchase it at this time so I can burn it down and piss on the ashes. 

Him and tilty...angels among us. 

And I agree 1000% on nuclear. Absolutely insane it’s not wildly accepted.  Could have mitigated a lot of the issues, even though I know you don’t believe in man-made climate change, but even economically it makes sense. Just so dumb. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Guess he’ll be have some new chapters to write for the paper book version of his book. Can’t wait to read how it’s actually a good idea to make seniors go through an online 50 question survey before being able to sign up for a vaccine. 

2 hours ago, Essay21 said:

You were out of line, that’s for sure. Try relaxing and chilling out bro. 

I have not yet begun to fight.  You’re next, bub

But in truth, I did not mean to be overly nasty to Strat.  I did mean to be direct and a little mean, because I was aghast of the premise, but I know Strat means well. I just think he is waaaayyyyy off in his approach.

I apologize to Strat.  Suited can huff my balls, just because 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:49 PM, Napa_Don said:

I honestly don’t know. Don’t really care, tbh.

WTH!  Is your grandma a jerk or something?  Why don't you care if she dies?

11 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

Did I finally kill the thread by being mean to Strat?   

At first I thought you were taking braveheart to task and got really confused as I continued to read. 

I think strat is a bit like I was in that he is looking for his "perfect mate" which he takes to mean as "the person who will check all the pro boxes and none of the con boxes" but which I have come to learn actually means "the person with con boxes but not bad enough you continually fantasize about swerving your car into a guardrail every time you're on a highway." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Essay21 said:

Ronny you gotta mellow out. Aren’t you enjoying work from home?

Calmer than you 

and yes, I am still enjoying my home office with five screens and a good quality chair.  No complaints from me. 

12 hours ago, hank213 said:

At first I thought you were taking braveheart to task and got really confused as I continued to read. 

I think strat is a bit like I was in that he is looking for his "perfect mate" which he takes to mean as "the person who will check all the pro boxes and none of the con boxes" but which I have come to learn actually means "the person with con boxes but not bad enough you continually fantasize about swerving your car into a guardrail every time you're on a highway." 

Which was the point I tried to make after my little outburst over the notion of telling someone you really don’t know that well they have bad teeth and suspect grooming habits. 

• Like 1

Ronny, I think I'm going to need another pick of that sweet car of yours.  It's been too long.

Let's get some updated dog photos in here too, Naps and Mex.

....and right on schedule with Cuomo, everyone else is starting to fall in line:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-chicago-lightfoot-wants-restaurants-open-pritzker-20210114-mh6chxizsfgnbkwkypf6iyk6mi-story.html

My dad’s been in the hospital all week with covid and is being moved to a different one today, but not before having to call around to find a hospital with capacity, because they want to make sure they can treat him if he gets worse so it’s a good thing the Dems are starting to admit it’s all a hoax and not that bad. 

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Napa_Don said:

My dad’s been in the hospital all week with covid and is being moved to a different one today, but not before having to call around to find a hospital with capacity, because they want to make sure they can treat him if he gets worse so it’s a good thing the Dems are starting to admit it’s all a hoax and not that bad. 

that's the thing, no serious person is calling it a hoax. but that doesn't mean draconian lockdowns for all healthy people and children are rational responses.  hope your dad gets better soon. 

1 hour ago, SuitedAces21 said:

that's the thing, no serious person is calling it a hoax. but that doesn't mean draconian lockdowns for all healthy people and children are rational responses.  hope your dad gets better soon. 

I ask this with no preconceived notions of the right answer, and I believe people should be mostly allowed to do what they want to do, even at the expense of service workers, mask requirements, etc 

what should be done once the hospitals are full and overwhelmed, and just can’t handle another month of working tons of hours, etc due to people doing whatever they want and bringing it home 

take me and the wife,  we don’t do anything, (except tonight, oddly) I work from home, mostly pickup groceries, etc, but wife’s son moved back in, has two service industry jobs, and is soon to be 29, has a girlfriend with two service industry jobs, and they still socialize out some, but they come into this house, which raises my risk exponentially, even though I play it safe.  

i’m asking sincerely.  Just looking for thoughts. 

• Like 1

i would say that makeshift MASH units should have been erected in every major city to handle any overflow from hospitals. you put protocols into place for the level of patient assigned to those places and the federal funds allocated each state are then used to procure medical staff and equipment as necessary. they sent an entire medical ship up to new york in April and it remained empty, for the most part. but there are locations in every city that could have been used to house the sick. they did it in 1918 we could have done it now. 

we very obviously should have approached this like we were at war, mobilizing industries (we did a few times) and people to battle what was inevitable - people were going to get sick and die. the lockdowns are meaningless unless you're talking absolute, leave your house and the government will shoot you dead lockdowns. and obviously that isn't going to happen. everywhere i go people are out, they're wearing masks, and the virus is still spreading because it is a highly contagious virus and it was always going to spread. 

we could have used that money we wasted sending checks to people who didnt lose their jobs and created programs to train new nurses, people to care for the sick but not dying. think Rosie Riveter 2.0.

but in the end people were going to get sick and die. this obsession with blaming people and saying that the people who died didnt have to is why you have such divide, because that is obviously not true. soon as that virus was loose in china there are people all over the world that were dead, they just didnt know it yet. in the same way that someday, hopefully not soon, but someday, a clot is going to break free in my body and go to my heart and i'll drop dead wherever i am. sad but true.  but that is life. you're born, you live, you die. gonna happen to all of us.

so gather ye rosebuds while ye may. 

• Like 1

Agree with some, disagree with some.  

thanks for the thoughts 

funny you mentioned the little checks to the people, and I agree, I didn’t need either check and still got them,  but you made no mention of that huge fcking grift of PPP, which was a lot more money than those checks to people.  And people like me took those checks and boosted the economy 

oh yes, i would not have done the PPP. but, of course, i wouldnt have shut down the economy. i mentioned the checks because i spent last week begging my younger brother to move the 600 bucks into savings or invest it. he bought a new cell phone instead. good for the economy i guess, but he already had an iphone, so you know, kids.

the amazing thing to me is people want the government to do SOMETHING, so they advocate for arbitrary shut downs. i would argue those shut downs are the opposite of doing something, they are the cowards way out. why not take the stimulus money and hire people to help clean business. set up out door dining. 

create jobs. build a new warehouse that we can use to house the sick now and turn into a youth center later. anything but just tell everyone to stay home. 

we'll never know, but if it hadn't been an election year or Hilary had been president, i do believe the national response is much different. 

but that's the way it goes. 

On 1/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Ron_Mexico said:

what should be done once the hospitals are full and overwhelmed, and just can’t handle another month of working tons of hours, etc due to people doing whatever they want and bringing it home 

i’m asking sincerely.  Just looking for thoughts. 

This is not something that you need to worry about.  It IS something that needed to be worried about a year ago, but now it's not an issue.  Sure, there might be small towns or rural areas that have very small hospitals with only a few beds that reach capacity, but overall we aren't even close:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/number-of-covid-19-hospitalizations-state-by-state-july-15.html

35 minutes ago, brvheart said:

This is not something that you need to worry about.  It IS something that needed to be worried about a year ago, but now it's not an issue.  Sure, there might be small towns or rural areas that have very small hospitals with only a few beds that reach capacity, but overall we aren't even close:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/number-of-covid-19-hospitalizations-state-by-state-july-15.html

You're totally reading that wrong Brvy

There isn't that much slack in hospitals at any time and if over 28% of the entire hospital system is being taken by Covid patients like it is in California that leaves no room for other things and many surgeries that are vital but scheduled are being delayed. The issue as well isn't the beds, it's the staff. People who work in hospitals are totally overwhelmed and have suffered from Covid more than any other group.

Listen to the people who work in hospitals.