I Called In Sick Today

This was a great sports weekend.  Can't believe the Nuggets got daggered yesterday.  I really want this series to go the distance, but it's not looking good right now.

Also I'm a Cowboys fan, so that was also awesome.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

That AD dagger...ouch. After Jokic dragged his team to a winning position, to have all fall apart because of a Plumlee. Tough stuff.

I've been watching the F1 show on Netflix, Drive to Survive, and I'm considering adding Formula 1 racing to my neverending interests. It's pretty entertaining, it looks amazing in 4k, and races are like 2 hours on a Sunday morning. Lots to like, except the complete lack of drama at the top. Bit of a downer to just know Mercedes is going to win. 

• Like 2

I’ve been all in on F1 this season since it was the only thing on there for a bit and now I’m hooked. I watched a race or two and enjoyed it even though like you said Mercedes is miles ahead of everybody but then I shotgunned both seasons of Drive to Survive and got to know the drivers a little better and understand what’s going on and I’m all in. The last two races have actually been really exciting because there’s been a lot of wrecks and penalties so the races have been a lot closer. I also really like that they’re on early Sunday and it’s a short time commitment and also no commercial breaks every 3 minutes.

I might try to go to the Austin GP next year if it’s possible. 

• Like 2

I don't see a scenario that I get into racing, but I like it when people discover new things that they like, so I'm happy for you guys.

Any weekend plans?

Going into the office to catch up on a bunch of emails and notes. Been behind on everything for what feels like months.

My location is HQ, so pre-pandemic, meetings were always in person, and we obviously didn’t have requirements for sanitizing conference rooms. Now, it’s a huge pain to be a person who does 5+ meetings a day and to sit in a cube with the noise around me distracting everyone else in the virtual room. So I asked my old boss if I could have my old office, got the okay. I let HR know so nobody would be surprised come Monday morning (her team is also in the area). HR copies our shared boss on the response, the #2 in the company, to say it’s not going to work for reasons that obviously do not hold water.

I swung by his office, he goes “dude I don’t give a damn, go take some other office. You need an office.” He responds in the chain that I should take another open office, suggesting an empty one that’s better than the HR director’s. She responds “no it’s fine, he can stay there, he has already moved.” [contradicting all earlier arguments for why I couldn’t stay where I moved]

It’s a big empty office building that was 50% more space than we needed, before the pandemic reduced attendance by 75%. How is there a fight. 

Hope everyone's doing well. I got sick for a few days the weekend before last and was Covid-worried...but test turned out negative.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that re: covid free.

I’m single again. The girl did terrible on an exam, and so she wants to bury herself in studies. I didn’t fight it. She was pretty careless with her money early on in the relationship, and she didn’t play hardball in the divorce, so she is pretty much broke and borrowing from her parents, less than half way through the semester. It’s a yikes.

I left the door open for casual fun, and I’m suspecting she will take me up on that. Fun to hang out with, great body, I’m in. I do need to get back to work on the dating apps though. 

• Sad 1

Well I've been living in the wife's house in KS for a week now. It's a bit crowded but good in general. Lender waived the appraisal on the new place and due to some technical glitch they had to reinitiate the load so interest rate went from 3.125 to 2.99. House sale in NE closed on Wednesday and funds were available by Thursday. Probably never be this liquid again. I'd be lying if I said the that the thought to just say screw it, take the money and go on a coke fueled rager in vegas until I pull a Chris Farley hasn't crossed my mind a couple times. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Is Vegas even open? I have funds at Southwest I need to use at some point...

I think the answer is "open-ish" I think a fair number of bars, restaurants, and shows are still closed. 

1 hour ago, Essay21 said:

you think we’ll know who won on election night?

John Oliver did an interesting bit on that Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Essay21 said:

you think we’ll know who won on election night?

I would guess it’s like 50/50 we know night of. If the polls hold steady and are reasonably predictive PA and FL might not even matter and those two seem the most likely to end in a court case. I just don’t know enough individual states rules about counting absentee ballots prior to the Election Day or grace periods, etc.  

but to brvy’s point that the dems are overhyping the rona for political reasons I don’t think it really matters if we know or not since people definitely won’t be able to vote after Election Day. 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, InternetExplorer said:

Glad to hear that re: covid free.

I’m single again. The girl did terrible on an exam, and so she wants to bury herself in studies. I didn’t fight it. She was pretty careless with her money early on in the relationship, and she didn’t play hardball in the divorce, so she is pretty much broke and borrowing from her parents, less than half way through the semester. It’s a yikes.

I left the door open for casual fun, and I’m suspecting she will take me up on that. Fun to hang out with, great body, I’m in. I do need to get back to work on the dating apps though. 

The way you analyze women and relationships is most likely going to leave you alone for a very long time. 

I don’t mean to be a dick, but I noticed this months ago and meant to say something.   Everything isn’t a transaction that goes on a spreadsheet. People don’t need you to fix their lives or what you perceive to be their problems. They aren’t you.  People aren’t always completely formed and some serious ball of angst and career minded robots that analyze every email, meeting or glance from a boss, pinch every penny and follow Dave Ramsey to the letter.  Some people live and drink up life, sometimes recklessly.  But they can change. I certainly did. With the help of their partner, and age.     

find someone that you’re attracted to, that turns you on, who you can be yourself around, and who you can see growing with.  Not saying this girl and her kid was it, but nobody will be who they are now in five years.   Very few will fit into your description of what you think you need to generate a secure offspring environment of cash, career, sanity and empathy, or whatever it is you think you want

or just do what you’re doing, I’m sure it will work out. Maybe I’m completely wrong 

hi everyone.  We got new siding, new roof, painted our house a fun color and a new fence is coming soon.

• Like 1

I was constantly trying to get her to let me pay for everything.  Different phases of life, I thought me being commitment-free and loose with money would be a good counter-balance for her, was totally understanding about the demands of school and being a single mother, but it didn't work.

She just let her kid run her over, and once school became a bigger time commitment, it was over for us. She got into this routine where he was accustomed to falling asleep with her in her bed, and if she deviated, it meant 90 minutes spent fighting until he eventually passed out.  She wanted to be his friend, and he was a master at pushing buttons along those lines.  In the context of her failing an exam because she couldn't wring enough time out of her schedule to study, that was extremely difficult to watch.

I could write a lot more about the single mom situation.  It's not something I'm cut out for.

Oh, I didn’t mean her specifically.  You did it with the long time gf too. 

yeah, that single mom stuff, while in school, and what you described is definitely not good and change was needed.  But, my point stands, 

R E L A X, have fun, lead with the heart, not the brain, then let the brain take over down the road

you got this