Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I actually don't think he did die.  There are no records of death for a Tilt or Tilty in the Lincoln Regional Airport area of Lincoln, CA.  Come back, Tilt!

If he meant El Guapo, he is also still alive and in the Sacramento area. (or so I'm told)  Come back, El Guapo!

I am in love with the show Cobra Kai.  That crap is right up my alley.

I  could listen to the song "Young Hearts" by Commuter 10 times a day for the rest of my life and not get sick of it.  It's just so nostalgic for me.  It's like The Power of Love by Huey Lewis.  It could not ever get old.

I love Karate Kid.  It's definitely broken into my top 20 of all time.  It's ridiculous that it wasn't always there.

heart problems in people who have recovered from Covid including those who weren't very sick has been shown however even if that report was taken out of context

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-s-impact-on-the-heart-two-new-studies-suggest-the-plot-thickening-1.5043345?cache=almppngbro%3FclipId%3D373266

even if that is true what do you suggest we do, shut down society forever? Because we won’t know the actual effects for years. 

second, athletes can catch Covid when not playing sports, so the sport is not inherently more dangerous than not playing, unless everyone is confined to their homes by an authoritarian government - which ain’t gonna happen.  So let the people decide. 

and that response reminds me of the standard response when a hate crime turns out to be fake - well yeah it was total bullshit but the conversation is what really matters because it COULD have been true. Like that doctor was wrong about heart conditions on athletes, I mean it’s completely untrue, but other people might have heart problems, so that’s the real issue. 

• Like 1

I don't know. Maybe do what other rich countries have done so that the virus is mostly under control and the economy can open up. If you don't control the virus the economy can't reopen.

not 2.6 deaths of old fat people per million. our species can't survive such devastation!

the fact is america is full of fat old people, and this thing is hitting them hard because of that. college kids are fine. younger kids are fine. anyone under age 50 that is in good shape is fine. we've gotten so fat and weak we've forgotten how good we have it in this country.

one quick google serach tells me france just had a new daily record for positive cases and hospitalizations are up - so are they about to see a rise in death? maybe, or maybe populations are not homogenous.  

someone seriously needs to explain to me how people dying in nursing homes equals shut down the world. the effects of this nonsense will be felt by the truly poor and needy for a decade. 

1 hour ago, CobaltBlue said:

My otherwise healthy nephew is 18 and has been having a hard time battling Covid for the past two weeks.

I think what frustrates me most these days is that it's obvious that people will get sick, some worse than others. but we're talking about a highly contagious virus that has spread across the globe and infected people everywhere no matter the precautions taken. and after nearly 6 months of this we have mountains of data as to who is getting sick, who is going to the hospital and who is dying. 

If your nephew is actually healthy, not overweight, no diabetes, no genetic conditions, then he will almost assuredly be fine.  but there is, of course, the off chance he will die from this for no apparent reason. but we have the data, and that would be a complete statistical outlier- like a one in ten million chance.  tragic, sad, heartbreaking, but an outlier and we cannot base public policy on outliers - otherwise we'd never let kids swim in the ocean because some do drown and some do get attacked by sharks. we'd never fly on airplanes, drive cars, etc. 

life has risk. if you don't want to take any risks, don't. live your life, but don't tell me how to live mine. don't tell everyone they must conform to your fear.  

we flattened the curve. life must go on for those who want to live it. cause time is short, and we could die tomorrow. 

He hasn't been hospitalized and hasn't had trouble breathing or anything, but he has just generally felt awful (throwing up and sweats) for a couple of weeks. (He tested Covid positive.)

I think part of the concern isn't just death...it's that a lot of these folks could have long-term health effects. So even taking the somewhat cynical/pragmatic view of looking at things from an economic perspective...that's probably not going to help us.

I’m also curious what part of life SA’s missing out on other than watching Nebraska finish near the bottom of the big 10. 

I personally have started doing more things now that more data has come out showing the relative risk of things but the fact remains that I’m at a higher risk as are my parents and because of that no matter how open things are I won’t be participating as much until there’s a vaccine/more widespread fast testing or I’m out of the higher risk categories myself (been working with a dietician) and surveys that I’ve seen show the majority of people agree. 

So, if the economy wants me to start participating again it better work on reducing the perceived and actual risk. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CobaltBlue said:

He hasn't been hospitalized and hasn't had trouble breathing or anything, but he has just generally felt awful (throwing up and sweats) for a couple of weeks. (He tested Covid positive.)

I think part of the concern isn't just death...it's that a lot of these folks could have long-term health effects. So even taking the somewhat cynical/pragmatic view of looking at things from an economic perspective...that's probably not going to help us.

like i said, we won't know the long term effects until we reach the long term. but we do know what will happen if we artificially shut down society. 

4 hours ago, Napa_Don said:

I agree, we should be more concerned about the truly poor and needy. 

you joke, but the stone cold truth is that the growth of the world's economy has raised the quality of life for more people than any other force through technological advances. to hurt the world's economy won't really have much effect on me, but there are children all over the world who will suffer. 

4 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Let 'em die like those loser marines from world wars. 

you don't actually believe that story do you? trump is a joke and says a lot of stupid things, but that story comes out now after all this time, 60 days before the election, and groups have ads ready to go the next morning?  a little too on the nose.  

4 hours ago, Napa_Don said:

I’m also curious what part of life SA’s missing out on other than watching Nebraska finish near the bottom of the big 10. 

I personally have started doing more things now that more data has come out showing the relative risk of things but the fact remains that I’m at a higher risk as are my parents and because of that no matter how open things are I won’t be participating as much until there’s a vaccine/more widespread fast testing or I’m out of the higher risk categories myself (been working with a dietician) and surveys that I’ve seen show the majority of people agree. 

So, if the economy wants me to start participating again it better work on reducing the perceived and actual risk. 

see now you've gone too far. nebraska was climbing back to the middle of the standings and we might have even had a winning record this season!

and i respect your decision to be cautious. all i have ever said is the government should stay out of it unless the circumstances are extreme, and we now have enough data that i don't believe that threshold is met. the default needs to be a free society where the government cannot take over like this. i'd rather see the people destroy the economy by being stupid than the government do it by shutting it down. 

Yes i ****ing 100% believe that story because its consistent with every ****ing thing he's ever said. You're a ****ing ******* and a piece of a shit if you don't believe the story that's ****ing triple sourced, AND ****ING EXACTLY IN LINE WITH EVERYTHING HES EVER SAID. 

• Like 1

You don't think people ****ing notice when the ****ing president of the ****ing country skips visiting a ****ing foreign veteran cemetery? How he can both tweet that he didn't call McCain a loser for getting captured, while linking to an article that says that he said that ****ing thing? 

**** you, man. 

There’s that trump derangement syndrome. You’re gonna have a stroke when he wins again. 

but no I don’t believe it. Maybe I will when the fabled pee tape makes it into the press. You probably bought that one too. Maybe the kavanaugh gang rape stories. Keep believing it all man. 

Don't let any evidence change your mind, even if Faux news has confirmed some of the statements from the Atlantic story. Or keep banging your head against the wall thinking there is any amount of evidence that can come to light that will get SA to change course. If Trump supporters were interested in truth or even intellectual honesty they wouldn't be Trump supporters. 

That being said

qWQcA8f.gif?noredirect

And take it to the politics forum.

House hunting is not going well. Hopefully it will be much easier once I'm actually living there. The downside seems to be that houses are just kind of trickling on the market here and there now and I anticipate that to slow further as winter approaches. Hopefully interest rates hold low. I mean the Fed seems to be doing its part by saying they are going to let inflation run a little higher and a little longer than they historically have but we'll see. 

Strat, how's everything going with the lady friend? 

• Like 1