Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

On 8/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, BigDMcGee said:

Go search /R/Omaha if you want the 411 on the guy that owns that place, Dave Paladino, there's a new thread about him all the time, he's a giant slum lord.  I've never rented storage space from him personally, but I've never heard a single good thing about him or Dino's. 

I had a fine experience at a Dino's in DSM a around 2009-2010.  It might not be the same guy.  No idea.

That was quite a storm.  How are you Nebraskans?

10,000,000 acres of crops in just Iowa were destroyed.  That is going to make the commodity markets go crazy.

My brothers farm was 1/2 destroyed (doesn’t farm crops).  Brand new 40x80 Morton building gone as well as some smaller out buildings, trees, some equipment, and garage roof. House and all people/animals were fine though. 

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, brvheart said:

I had a fine experience at a Dino's in DSM a around 2009-2010.  It might not be the same guy.  No idea.

I'm sure it was, Dave is famous for having sanctimonious Bible quotes or just faith based catchphrases on his Dino's signs 

Dino's would have been right up your alley.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, BigDMcGee said:

I'm sure it was, Dave is famous for having sanctimonious Bible quotes or just faith based catchphrases on his Dino's signs 

Dino's would have been right up your alley.

I'm all for Bible quotes, but if someone rips me off, I still won't have a good experience.  Is him posting Bible verses on his sign your only issue with him?

No, Brvy, as I said in that post you quoted earlier, his predatory slum lording is the issue I have with him. His bible thumping signs are just a delicious hypocrisy. You're free to search /r/omaha too, if you want to know more. 

That sounds like a lot of work.  I'll just assume you are correct about him.

Thank you, Big D.  I meant to come back and re-edit my post, but alas I got sidetracked.

• Like 1

Random Apple Tech Question:

Is it possible for someone to 'accidentally' attempt to AirPlay something from his phone to my apple tv?  

I ask because twice now i have been watching Seinfeld (the GOAT) on my apple tv and the screen will grey and it will pop up with a 4 digit numeric code to allow "Ahmed's Iphone" to AirPlay from his phone onto my TV.  It was my understanding this could only be done were the phone and the apple tv device connected to the same WiFi network, but then i don't recall the first time i tried to do it on my phone (just to see if it works) so i dont remember if i had a code to put in as well. 

so i cannot figure out if this is just an accident or if it is an 'accident' that reveals someone is using my WiFi.  when it happened last night i went in and changed the WIFI password, but i dont see how they could have known the first one because it was still the 13 digit random number, letter, symbol code from ATT.

i wouldnt say im paranoid, but i do think people are out to get me and i want to be ready at all times for anything.

thoughts?

1 hour ago, SuitedAces21 said:

Random Apple Tech Question:

Is it possible for someone to 'accidentally' attempt to AirPlay something from his phone to my apple tv?  

I ask because twice now i have been watching Seinfeld (the GOAT) on my apple tv and the screen will grey and it will pop up with a 4 digit numeric code to allow "Ahmed's Iphone" to AirPlay from his phone onto my TV.  It was my understanding this could only be done were the phone and the apple tv device connected to the same WiFi network, but then i don't recall the first time i tried to do it on my phone (just to see if it works) so i dont remember if i had a code to put in as well. 

so i cannot figure out if this is just an accident or if it is an 'accident' that reveals someone is using my WiFi.  when it happened last night i went in and changed the WIFI password, but i dont see how they could have known the first one because it was still the 13 digit random number, letter, symbol code from ATT.

i wouldnt say im paranoid, but i do think people are out to get me and i want to be ready at all times for anything.

thoughts?

I'm seeing that it is possible to do it with bluetooth, I've never done it personally.  I bet you can turn off bluetooth on your AppleTV.

Are you forced to use the AT&T router, or what's going on there?  I personally prefer to buy my own modem and wifi router, and avoid the $10/mo equipment charge or whatever it is.  I just think AT&T is more susceptible to having out of date firmware vs. Google wifi or the like.

• Like 1