I Called In Sick Today

Walked 5 miles this morning, did a crazy 30 minute ride tonight. Taint is feeling a-ok. Had a few glasses of Pinot Noir but am still losing about 1200 calories today by my math. This seemed so hard before I boiled it down into this routine.

I have been spending ungodly amounts of money these last few months. That is the one problem in my life right now. Everything else is good.

Girlfriend is talking about having her kid live with his dad for a year, keeps having trouble with the school closing due to Covid. It will make my life more fun but it delays me figuring out if I want to date someone who has a kid. I’m torn. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

guess we're back to bigdaddystrat, which feels like this all started. 

Obviously I don't know the specifics, but unless her and the father live far away from each other, I would assume she would still see/interact with the boy quite often, especially on weekends, which is when you'll mostly be with her? The kid living with his dad doesn't mean she just exits the life for a year. If that whole scenario is actually an option, I would think it means they have a healthy relationship that bends to the child's needs, which is generally an indicator of good people. It doesn't take much animosity to make changing the living scenario a court-judged decision. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if their discussing that kind of living arrangement change without animosity they sound pretty well adjusted. Like they aren't trying to use the kid as a weapon against each other or anything stupid like that. My advice is just roll with it. I don't think this should be an area of you life where you strategerize too much, you will probably surprise yourself. I, for example, never really wanted kids but when I started dating a woman with 3, they really grew on me and now I couldn't be happier for having them in my life. Buy the ticket, take the ride. 

• Like 1

It's complicated, a lot of different ways it could go. Basically she would be totally without local support for a year as it stands, because he's deploying.  So the family is trying to figure out how to make that all easier, and the kid going with him is one option. There isn't any fighting that she's letting on.

I am just taking it slow, we'll see how it goes. I still haven't met the kid.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Theraflu said:

I've been doing a pretty good job with movies, but haven't had the patience for hour-long dramas, since quarantine started. I did watch ZeroZeroZero (which is excellent!) but I think that's it.

Last weeks movies included Palm Springs, First Cow, Greyhound, The Old Guard. and The Long Dumb Road.

I've heard of exactly zero of these movies.  (Including zerozerozero)

anybody bought a mask they really love? i have one that is okay but i dont love it. 

just bought this one :  https://www.etsy.com/listing/827457629/dry-fit-kc-kansas-city-chiefs-moisture?ref=hp_rv-2&bes=1

and i have high hopes for it. but if there's one you love shoot a brother a link. 

Me neighbor gave me an extra mask she had made and a coworker made us all masks at the start of things. I don’t really go out much so between those two I’m fine.

I almost always wear a KN95 mask underneath them for extra protection too because I’m super paranoid. 

yeah i guess i should clarify, i'm looking for a mask that has good breathability, where i dont feel like im breathing in only the air i just expelled from my lungs. 

7 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said:

anybody bought a mask they really love? i have one that is okay but i dont love it. 

just bought this one :  https://www.etsy.com/listing/827457629/dry-fit-kc-kansas-city-chiefs-moisture?ref=hp_rv-2&bes=1

and i have high hopes for it. but if there's one you love shoot a brother a link. 

https://www.adidas.com/us/face_masks

these have been the best one I’ve had on

3 for $16, insert for a filter if so inclined, good material.   I got blue

I have the blue ones from them as well.  Super nice.  Super sold out from the looks of it.

I got my Mirra 2 today.  Easily the most comfortable office chair I've ever had.  My career would be in a much better spot right now if they had fulfilled my order back in April.  However, there is still time to recover.

• Haha 1

After I get relocated and get a bit settled in my first planned expenditure is to get a good office chair, likely a Herman Miller. I'm tired of cheaping out and being disappointed after the break in period. 

Yeah, I’ve had a few chairs over the years, and within two years, it’s always something like cracked or peeling leather, or the seat gets worn in to the point of being totally uncomfortable.

My brother, who always talks about how dumb it is to go cheap, etc. thought I was insane for spending $700 on a chair. I’ve spent at least $500 on chairs in the six years I’ve lived here, and none of them were remotely as comfortable. 

on my last day in the office, back in march, i took my monitors down to my car and came back up to get the last of my stuff. i went into my dad's office to get something he wanted and in his office he has a table and some chairs for meetings. i took one of the chairs and wheeled it down to my car. best decision i made this year. it's not a great chair by any means, but it has a good comfortable seat and leans back, which i like to do. fit perfectly in my back seat too.  

i'm far to cheap to buy a chair for home use. 

• Like 1

I bought a chair in Feb since I was doing more pig work at home. It got good reviews as a quality budget chair (still $300) but I’m not super happy with it. Can’t seem to get it situated for a comfortable position. Kinda wishing I had just bought the bullet and get a Herman Miller or steelcase.  

rode my bike for 15 minutes last night for the first time in awhile. Strats tales of taint toughening has given me renewed hope. Trying to be part of the Handsome Guy Gang with my bro’s. 

• Like 1

I took today off from exercising.  I felt some weirdness / swelling in my knee and realized it probably wasn't smart to be doing 60 minutes of rides per day.  It was rainy here, hard to go walk, so I didn't do anything, and it feels terrible.

Keep going naps.

strat you gotta take some days off. i can tell you that when i was losing weight i ate 2/3 of what i eat now and always had energy to work out, my legs were never sore. but at this point i am acutely aware if i dont eat enough and my legs are sore more often. in reading on it, i think we're supposed to rest at least one day a week. 

personally, i struggle with that because i dont want to take any days off and risk slipping back into being fat. so every two weeks i take a sunday off. but some days all i do is walk 3 miles.  i didnt really notice any muscle gains in my arms until i stopped working those muscles every day and went to every other day, but i'm showing some small gains in my arms since i did that. i'd have to increase my calories to gain more which i dont want to do. but its a start.

• Like 1