I Called In Sick Today

For about 8 months after my surgery I drank only water, literally nothing else. But during the lockdown I’ve gotten into diet soda. Needed something to give me a little caffeine. Pibb zero is pretty good. Not a fan of any of the other ones I’ve tried. Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero was pretty bad and I had high hopes. But I got the pibb zero which is nice. Of course, now I’m addicted and need one by lunch or I feel weird. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

This girl is pretty solid. She tells me she moved here from South Korea a while ago, and follows it up with “and no I don’t need a green card.” Seems to be a real person, which is nice.

I am all about Coke Zero and Red Bull Zero Sugar. Sometimes mix in some Monster Zero. Diet Coke is okay if I can’t get Coke Zero. 

that is very familiar to my experience last fall. girl was half korean, never used the app before. on sunday, when i leaned in to kiss her she gigled and said she was nervous. but we did kiss. by wednesday she was modeling her lingerie for me. wild times man. obviously i blew it but she was pretty crazy. so hot though. i should call her. 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, InternetExplorer said:

The whole thing is getting absurd. My favorite talking point, the claim that the majority of the RE Lee statues were built in the 60s as a negative reaction to the civil rights movement. I looked at the top three google results for his statues being removed, all began construction 1910 or earlier. The big one in Virginia was not very long after the civil war.

I don’t know why I’m bringing this up. I don’t have time to debate it. It just rubs me the wrong way to see this retroactive judgment based on today’s values. He routinely makes the list of the best generals of all time, and Virginia can be proud about that without it being some pro-slavery thing. I am going to just say this is Trump’s fault at least partially for fanning the flames of divisive partisan nonsense. 

This goes into a lot of the history of the statues:

Growing up in Georgia/Tennessee/Alabama, there definitely were some remnants of the Lost Cause in the past few generations.

I will say that there's a level of resentment that I internalized as a Southerner. I had a decently thick accent as a kid, but I got mocked since there's a stigma that people with the accent are stupid. As a result, I consciously shed it...and now people are surprised when I tell them I'm from there.

15 minutes ago, SuitedAces21 said:

that is very familiar to my experience last fall. girl was half korean, never used the app before. on sunday, when i leaned in to kiss her she gigled and said she was nervous. but we did kiss. by wednesday she was modeling her lingerie for me. wild times man. obviously i blew it but she was pretty crazy. so hot though. i should call her. 

I am not expecting this experience.

I like Bai Bubbles and izze sparkling juices but izze is pretty high on sugar still. 

Qualifier up front: it has been many, many seasons since I've done much with excel beyond basic formulas and value comparisons so please take pity on this poor, stupid man. 

I'm trying to put a spread sheet together that is essentially a schedule. Each member on one of my teams is required to put in 20 hours spread over 10 days toward a project. They can do this 5 total shifts of 4 hours each. So one guy could do 4 shifts in 2 days and 1 shift on a 3rd day and he would fulfill the requirement. Another guy could do 1 shift on 5 days and be good etc etc. Basically I want to do a logical check so that when A puts his name in one of the open cells it adds 4 hours to his total and displays the current total of how many hours he's scheduled for thus far. I have 20 total cells, each of which could have a name in them or remain blank.  Please help me obi wan, you're my only hope.

il_340x270.2150023297_45o5.jpg

Hank, get that NERD shit out of here. we talking babes. you should buy a house not build one, you aint jesus, you aint no carpenter. 

start, you never know my man. i'll keep my fingers crossed for good things only. 

i need to get back on the app. might have my brother snap some photos of me this weekend so i can get TO WORK. 

That’s true. The under boob was nice. And we were talking no sugar soda. I’d love to get back on the hard stuff but I just can’t do it. Gotta keep this new skinny body for as long as I can 

Well, I spent about two hours in the same room as a coworker today, who found out after hours that they'd been in contact with someone who tested positive.  So now I have to figure out how to explain this as I'm canceling with this girl.  What a roller coaster.

come into contact with? so they don't live together. did they eat together? ride in a car? what? i feel like that is important to knowing if you should be that worried. 

2 hours ago, Essay21 said:

That’s true. The under boob was nice. And we were talking no sugar soda. I’d love to get back on the hard stuff but I just can’t do it. Gotta keep this new skinny body for as long as I can 

Izze has 19g sugar from the fructose of the fruit juice. But Bai has 1g sugar from alternative sweeteners. I find the taste of most diet soda's repellent so this was a good alternative for me. 

I was straight with her, she was fine with it.  The call went great.  She's trying to figure out how dating should work, just finished up a divorce. I sort of broke the fourth wall and said, try not to walk all over guys, but this should pretty much happen on your terms. She doesn't know what she doesn't know about the way the average guy conducts himself.

She's quickly figuring it out, said something today about most guys being pretty up front about what they wanted from her. I still think there's a chance that she's looking at me as a mark, but maybe not.

Dating is just crazy.  People talk about the range of things they run into, but it's another thing to witness it first-hand.

2 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

She's quickly figuring it out, said something today about most guys being pretty up front about what they wanted from her. I still think there's a chance that she's looking at me as a mark, but maybe not.

Dating is just crazy.  People talk about the range of things they run into, but it's another thing to witness it first-hand.

I would have said “oh, I want that to, but I also want more than just that.” or something amusing   But everything I do starts with humor    You don’t strike me as that way, so maybe it wouldn’t fly as well.  I’m sure you have wonderful jokes, I’m not saying you don’t make them laugh

that way she knows I fck, but am better, smarter and have more tact than the horny frat bro

53 minutes ago, Ron_Mexico said:

I would have said “oh, I want that to, but I also want more than just that.” or something amusing   But everything I do starts with humor    You don’t strike me as that way, so maybe it wouldn’t fly as well.  I’m sure you have wonderful jokes, I’m not saying you don’t make them laugh

that way she knows I fck, but am better, smarter and have more tact than the horny frat bro

My normal humor just sucks with people I don't know very well. I play dumb, lean on sarcasm, that sort of thing, and I could see it being taken wrong. It's just tough in the early stages, because they're so quick to ghost.

Not that I am worried about getting ghosted by this particular girl. I don't think she is wanting to jump into bed, but I'm a safe way for her to test the waters with dating for the first time in like seven years. I'm not sure I would sleep with her yet. Probably sounds crazy, but if she turns out to be clingy, I don't want to add fuel to the fire.

work announced we are officially WFH thought September 7. Possible we go back on the 8th, but they would have to let us know by August 9 for that, so very unlikely given current trends we go back even then. if they commit to WFH through next spring i might have to air BNB a warm weather place for a month in the winter. 

We're bringing all the employees back full time on Tuesday (20 in my building), and then opening back to the public on July 13th.  We'll see how it goes.