Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Sure, help her confirm her bias.  

and I lose respect for anyone that just wants to be taken care of or their stated goal is to be a stay at home mom 

don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine thing if someone is making great money or it makes sense financially, if she wouldn’t earn enough to offset some daycare or whatever, but someone just saving they don’t want to work and just raise kids, ugh

then again, I may have a blind spot regarding kids 

she wasn't that attractive, not that anything can make up for having literally nothing going for you in life at age 33.  my last girlfriend was at least well-intentioned, but she was lazy in a lot of ways, and it drove me nuts.  I just think you have to have goals of some kind, or else life gets boring and repetitive.  doesn't mean everyone has to be a go-getter.

I’m not talking about career stuff exclusively here. I would point to my girlfriend putting on a bunch of weight, acting upset but feeling powerless about it. Whatever it is about yourself that you’re improving, or working on projects at home, etc. She was the kind of person to have an identical routine every day unless forced to change. It’s just a brutal, boring way to approach life.

3-4 years ago, I threw out almost all of my clothes that I had “outgrown.” I kept a nice pair of jeans as kind of a motivator/reminder. I was pretty pumped this morning to see that they fit again. These little “a-ha” moments along the way are awesome. 

• Like 1

The number of scammers on these sites is pretty crazy. It’s always the same weird talk track and atypical phrasing. Throw in some excuse for why they’re not local temporarily, try to get my number ASAP, etc. It’s sad to think about the desperate dudes who get wrecked by this nonsense. 

i have a pretty good eye for that. if an exceedingly attractive woman reaches out to me first, i know its a scam.

i think i've been institutionalized on working from home. i dont think i can go back to the office. 

I think we’re going to be working from home for awhile. They talked to the people that said they wanted to come back ASAP but after realizing they wouldn’t be able to have meetings or the break room and all of the other social stuff I think a lot of people changed their mind so they say they’ll be letting us know more soon but seeing as how were still furloughed until August and even then not everybody will be back to FT right away I don’t think it will be before October. 

I will happily not go back to the office

to clarify:   I still want and need to be employed.  I just don’t mind working from home. 

• Like 3

Yeah I was firmly in the “WFH until there’s a vaccine and even then I’d still like to WFH a few days a week” vote when they did the internal survey, as was 70% of everybody. 30% wanted to get back ASAP.  No inbetween. 

I've quite enjoyed working 12-4 for my regular pay, in my solo office, with 3-5 other people in the building, while being closed to the public. Gonna be a bit miserable those first couple weeks we're back to "normal."

• Like 1

My boss said he'll support me remaining a remote employee so I can move down where the wife and kids are. 

• Like 3

I had drinks/dinner with a colleague tonight, an older relationship manager who loves to talk shop and has an expense account for such things.  After we sat down, I asked him if he thought the waitress was cute (mask and all) and he said "yeah, probably, I don't know."  When she dropped off our check at the end, I said, "Hey, sorry, I just have to ask, are you single?"  It clearly made her day, and she started gushing a little.  Said, very charitably, "I wish I was.  You're cute."  Said something about admiring my gamble, mask and all.  Anyway, she brings the receipt back, smiling at me, expecting me to have some other line.  I didn't; I just beamed back at her.  Colleague said it was smooth.  It absolutely wasn't.  

It was the first time I've ever done anything like that, as you probably figured.  I did it because she was cute, and my confidence is at an all-time high, and I'm numb to rejection at this point.  I also figured my colleague would eat it up, which he absolutely did.  2020 is my year to try new things, be happier, etc. and I'm executing.

• Like 5

I admire the hustle.  Nicely done 

now you gotta try it with a person that isn’t expecting renumeration or working her customer service job.  That’s a steeper hill to climb. 

• Like 1

good luck getting the average person to lock down again. the media and government blew its wad on that one. we're gonna face the music and let the chips fall where they may. 

So long as we don’t see reports of overwhelmed hospitals and people dying who could have otherwise been saved, I’m okay with more cases. Staying locked down in anticipation of a vaccine that may never come, it’s just not a realistic plan. 

28 minutes ago, InternetExplorer said:

So long as we don’t see reports of overwhelmed hospitals and people dying who could have otherwise been saved, I’m okay with more cases. Staying locked down in anticipation of a vaccine that may never come, it’s just not a realistic plan. 

While I mostly agree with your point, especially your last sentence, I’m wondering who are these “people dying who could have been otherwise saved”  

old people need to really protect themselves and I wear a mask if I go anywhere, and I only go to stores for supplies.  Not much else I can do      I ain’t doing anything social   Don’t need to.  I like my shit at home 

• Like 1

Arizona is starting to run low on ICU beds. Houston is at 97% capacity. 

The anti-mask rhetoric might be mostly to blame. Something simple everyone can do, and it's become a politicized thing about rights and manliness. 

My ideal policy would leave enough of an infection rate to get to herd immunity as quickly as possible, without ever experiencing a dip in quality of care due to hospital utilization.  I was basically explaining why I care that hospitals continue to have capacity, because if they don't, you have needless deaths--the kinds of reports we saw out of Italy in the early days.

I wear a mask in public and at work, but I'm still going to restaurants occasionally, etc. 

I will say, I've heard that hospitals in the US run really lean, something north of 90% capacity in normal times.  It was a talking point in a financial podcast though, so take it for what it's worth.