Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Had a brief online dating discussion with a guy who’s 25 at work today. He was talking about just wanting to set up a profile and seeing what girls message him, complaining that like 45 year olds reach out.

I walked him through what it’s like to be 34 and how important it is to be proactive while most of the good ones are still single. Read their profile and send a targeted message if you want to engage with someone worth dating. It felt like he heard me but I’m guessing he’s still going to be lazy and stupid. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Alright guys, someone else needs to actually post something.

Just booked a second video chat with the girl. If it goes well, I’m going to ask her out to actual dinner, somewhere with patio seating. I feel like I am doing surprisingly okay at all this for someone who did zero dating up to this point. I’m just empathy-ing my way through it. 

Are dick pics still a thing? I keed I keed. Honestly the older I get the more I realize so many things you can start out as "fake it until you make it" but end up actually growing from the experience.

5 hours ago, Essay21 said:

I don’t have much advice on how to handle the ladies. I can tell you that my theory on marriage being pointless is never well received, so don’t go down that road. And if they ask if you will still feel about them the same way in ten years don’t say “how can anyone really know for sure, I hope so.” Makes women mad. 

meeting some coworkers for a happy hour today cause my old assistant go married during quarantine so we haven’t seen her. Me and three ladies. Should be heaps of fun for me; but I couldn’t say no and not hurt her feelings. 

Ask yourself WWRMHDA28?

What would ron mexico have done at 28

• Like 1
On 6/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, hank213 said:

Honestly the older I get the more I realize so many things you can start out as "fake it until you make it" but end up actually growing from the experience.n mexico have done at 28

This is super solid, timeless, and wise advice.

Kudos Stratty.  Just be yourself, let it rip, have fun, and be the person you want to be.  Hope that is who she will like. 

I never like putting on this front on first dates, because it’s setting an expectation.   But, I do my best work with jokes, and I am truly a giver that worries way too much about my partner and friends happiness.  That is a good thing, because nobody likes a selfish cnt.   Well, some women start off liking them, but in the long run, come to resent them. 

bet suited was a riot at the happy hour.   You should have taken that as an opportunity to see what women like, what you can do to be more attractive to them, etc.  

I’ve seen you, you are normal looking, and now you’re thin.  So, maybe it’s what’s coming out of your mouth. Work on that.  Being a lonely incel isn’t a way to live out your days.  I’m not saying being alone is awful, because there is plenty of upside to it, but I know you want a lady.  So, learn from the gals

• Like 2

i was fine ronny, dont worry. i know how to behave. the ladies i work with are very fond of me. what's funny though is everyone says i'm too thin now. i was too fat before now I'm to thin. there's no pleasing people. 

That just means that you need to stay thin but bulk up.  Hit the weights.

Someone hooked me up with a coworker of theirs. She looks cute in the photo I saw, and I’ll be texting her tonight. This one’s a little different since my friend (the go-between) vouched for me. I think I’ll like being able to be more open and relaxed.

The other girl, after our video call yesterday, I had a feeling we were done. It was planned as an hour, and she decided to cut it to 30 minutes before we started, so she could get a run in before her other plans for the night. I was getting annoyed with her tendency to change plans and/or not respond to texts—which is in itself a signal of not being interested anyway. She broke it off a few hours ago, and I thanked her for not just ghosting. Nice girl, and I’m happy to get the experience anyway. 

5 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Someone hooked me up with a coworker of theirs. She looks cute in the photo I saw, and I’ll be texting her tonight. This one’s a little different since my friend (the go-between) vouched for me. I think I’ll like being able to be more open and relaxed.

The other girl, after our video call yesterday, I had a feeling we were done. It was planned as an hour, and she decided to cut it to 30 minutes before we started, so she could get a run in before her other plans for the night. I was getting annoyed with her tendency to change plans and/or not respond to texts—which is in itself a signal of not being interested anyway. She broke it off a few hours ago, and I thanked her for not just ghosting. Nice girl, and I’m happy to get the experience anyway. 

Clearly not interested,  no need to beg for attention. On to the next one.  There is always a next one 

keep it positive.  I’m sure you will. You got this 

• Like 2
On 6/10/2020 at 7:08 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

i was fine ronny, dont worry. i know how to behave. the ladies i work with are very fond of me. what's funny though is everyone says i'm too thin now. i was too fat before now I'm to thin. there's no pleasing people. 

No, I meant when you’re trying to date a woman, not with the office ladies.   But you should use them as a sounding board 

1 hour ago, Ron_Mexico said:

Clearly not interested,  no need to beg for attention. On to the next one.  There is always a next one 

keep it positive.  I’m sure you will. You got this 

Texting is going well with the new one. I’m telling myself I’m net neutral on the day. 

16 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

No, I meant when you’re trying to date a woman, not with the office ladies.   But you should use them as a sounding board 

they want to set me up with a lady. i'm not into being set up though. i hate that extra pressure. 

23 hours ago, brvheart said:

That just means that you need to stay thin but bulk up.  Hit the weights.

i'll have you know i have a 15 pound dumbell that i do curls with and i do push ups too. 

I’ve learned that being set up is extremely the way you want to go. I don’t have the extra pressure to keep anonymity and ask questions that don’t suggest I’m trying to stalk. She isn’t worried that I’m going to murder her. A strong referral just solves so many of the problems with early online dating conversations.

The other thing, she’s probably not jaded from being inundated. This girl actually wants to talk to me. This has been unexpectedly great. 

• Like 2

it is a revelation when you're vibing with someone and they are actually into you. i've only had it a few times but its so refreshing when compared tot he strained bullshit of most of those interactions. 

got my mom a new TV for her birthday. she was still using a 43 inch tv i got her years ago. stepped it up to a 60 incher 4k. huge difference. gotta have a big, beautiful tv in todays world. 

• Like 2

I thought three hour quarterly meetings were tough in person, but on the phone it is torture. I have to fight to pay attention. I do my part at the end and it’s tough to listen to the first 2.5 hours. But that’s the life I guess. 

• Haha 1

Meeting up with the new girl on Thursday. She is apparently religious, and it might be a problem. I am probably willing to go to church weekly, because I see benefits to it beyond just dating an awesome girl. But I was pretty clear about the current state and she didn’t say no when I asked her out, so...

Depends what level of service we're talking. If it's just the basic ~45 minutes, in and out type deal, it can be a decent way to just kind of meditate. If she's more involved and you're going to have to join the "community," then it sucks a lot more. 

• Sad 1

maybe a little more time at church is exactly what we need. i'd like to meet a nice lady who wants me to go to church with her. just be a part of something simple and good again. like when we were kids. 

• Like 1

I don't mind my wifes service, but the church is 35-40 minutes away, there's Sunday school for an hour after, and they have a coffee hour during that time that's mostly just for bitching about various things (liberals, each others personal lives). So it's a 3 hour commitment from start to finish, with a bunch of people I don't feel the need to spend much time with. The pandemic has been a welcome release from that schedule.

Way to go, stratego. Good luck at the dinner. 

nothing to report here. I went. Ahead and booked a trip to Vegas in lat July assuming most everything will be back open. If it’s not I guess I’ll cancel. Got a hot 20 dollar room rate at Bally’s. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:35 AM, InternetExplorer said:

Meeting up with the new girl on Thursday. She is apparently religious, and it might be a problem. I am probably willing to go to church weekly, because I see benefits to it beyond just dating an awesome girl. But I was pretty clear about the current state and she didn’t say no when I asked her out, so...

THIS IS MY WHEELHOUSE STRAT!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

I offered FaceTime or drinks, and she upgraded it to dinner and made reservations. I liked that a lot. 

Girls have so much power it's crazy.  That's awesome.