Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The St. Paul mayor said it's all out of state white people doing the rioting, and there's some decent evidence it's the same across the country, which...asks a lot of questions, and all of the answers are real shitty. 

I’m on the roof of my house with my AR. Ready to defend my neighborhood from anybody who looks like they might be here for the wrong reasons or from Wisconsin cause f*ck Wisconsin. 

except for brvy. Brvy and his kin are always welcome. 

• Like 1

But no, I’m not worried or anything. Although maybe i should be because my towns police department is two blocks away and one of the major roads that has been having protests on both north and south of here runs across the other side of my block.  But they’re both miles away and just logistically it doesn’t make sense to come to my area.  Not a lot around me to burn or loot. 

i live very close to a target, best buy, and home depot. i mean i can see them from my balcony. if antifa ever targets my area it would be ugly for me. 

If anyone saw the Brockton, MA protest last night, that city is one street over from me. My buddy lives right next to the police station, so his building was on camera for much of the evening. He took in a little tear gas, but didn't mix it up. ❤️ the police state!

Doing a video call with the girl tomorrow.  I don't know what you'd call this, probably "drinks" rather than a date.  I don't know the terminology, but it's only going to be 30 minutes.

I'm still at 172/173 right now.  I've been working through all the canned stuff I bought at the start of all this craziness, and I think the sodium is causing some extra water weight.  Some of this stuff is laughable--canned green beans, 80 calories, 800mg sodium.  Okay, sure.

Something else I've noticed.  I actually measured my waist, and I'm about 36/37 inches, and I'm wearing stuff fitted for 32-34.  I don't get it.

• Like 3

Well, they didn’t so much tell us as much as on Monday they announced an investor call for this morning and that was part of the call. They’re also changing the company name to reflect their refocusing of their core business strategy.

There hasn’t been any sort of communication with us directly from corporate.

But, you are correct. At the last earnings call they announced they had already sold off a division of the company and there was no announcement about that ahead of time. 

• Confused 1

Yeah, I’m not worried at all. Not yet, anyways. Places are still hiring, who knows how long this will take to finalize and then what even happens after that anyways. I’m fine and will be continue to be fine. 

• Like 1

I'm a big Napa fan.

Also, has everyone else noticed how much faster the thread loads nowadays?  Some update really fixed things.  To bad there's nobody around to enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

Girl moved our “happy half hour” to tomorrow, begged off with the same excuse she used for not doing it yesterday. She’s been logging on like once every few days, seems like she’s just not into online dating. I’m still gonna do it for practice’s sake, but the odds that anything comes of this have dropped quite a bit. 

It's a weird time man, I don't think most people are quite themselves. Go along with it, see what happens, don't put too much stock into anything either way. Maybe things get 20% more normal in a month, and you can sit 6 feet away from her at a bar. I don't know. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Theraflu said:

It's a weird time man, I don't think most people are quite themselves. Go along with it, see what happens, don't put too much stock into anything either way. Maybe things get 20% more normal in a month, and you can sit 6 feet away from her at a bar. I don't know. 

I appreciate this.  It's okay, even if this one isn't going to work out, I'm crushing everything work and personal, and feeling great.  Got a haircut yesterday, a crew cut.  It was the first time in a long while that I did anything but buzz it off at a crappy salon. I bought some stuff to style it a little, too. 

Bought some excellent wine (2013 Rombauer Merlot) and some filet mignon to sous vide for dinner tonight.  Afterwards, I'm going over to a buddy's house, whose wife is a photographer and wants to take another dating profile pic for me.  Going to be a good day.

Also bought a few shirts at Charles Tyrwhitt, and a few belts (Allen Edmonds, Johnston & Murphy, Magnanni).  I think this all still fits into my wardrobe after I'm done losing, but the bigger thing is, not wanting to look stupid for the next month or two, with the bunched up pants / billowy shirts / overly long belts.

• Like 2

Well, we were supposed to do 30, but we went a little over an hour, and she wants to start texting.  I made a few dad jokes, which she ate up.  Overall, it appears I am in great shape to at least get a first date.  I'm of course on cloud nine right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hit 170 today. I am definitely looking better in the mirror but it’s seeming like 160 is the better target. On the call, the girl said that I look better on camera compared to my photos, which are mostly older (to reiterate, she’s extremely nice). I’m used to this brutal diet, but wish I had ordered an exercise bike, because the extra miles walked are killing me. 

Alright guys, someone else needs to actually post something.

Just booked a second video chat with the girl. If it goes well, I’m going to ask her out to actual dinner, somewhere with patio seating. I feel like I am doing surprisingly okay at all this for someone who did zero dating up to this point. I’m just empathy-ing my way through it. 

I don’t have much advice on how to handle the ladies. I can tell you that my theory on marriage being pointless is never well received, so don’t go down that road. And if they ask if you will still feel about them the same way in ten years don’t say “how can anyone really know for sure, I hope so.” Makes women mad. 

meeting some coworkers for a happy hour today cause my old assistant go married during quarantine so we haven’t seen her. Me and three ladies. Should be heaps of fun for me; but I couldn’t say no and not hurt her feelings.