• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

yeah what are you gonna buy?  to be in the trust tree, i can tell you that i have added a WWE Universal Title Belt to my cart on shopwwe.com many times. i want to pull the trigger but i havent yet. just wanna be able to put it over my shoulder while i watch PPVs.  

This super cute girl at work saw me for the first time in months yesterday, and made a point to tell me I look great.  Basically, she knows I'm not going to take a shot (it's complicated), so it was not a risky compliment on her part.  Still very nice of her to say.  I don't remember it being this much of a reaction the last time I did this kind of weight loss.

I was stuck waiting for something in a store the other day, and this early-30s girl was standing at the counter with nothing to do.  I wasn't interested per se, but I used the 15 minutes to practice the sort of conversation I think is typical of first dates.  This push to get better with girls was all sourced to a bunch of frustration, but it has crossed the border into having a little fun along the way... and somehow that's without me getting laid, or even getting a first date.

Strat, if I can offer some advice on clothes...make sure anything you buy that you’re spending some coin on fits you perfect and that you actually like it and will wear it and don’t just go crazy buying anything and everything lest you end up with a closet full of clothes you don’t really like. I go by a pretty simple “if it’s not an immediate ‘hell yes’ than it’s a no” rule anymore. Plenty of brands of clothes (and shoes) out there to buy ill-fitting stuff you don’t really love. 

11 minutes ago, Essay21 said:

Nap, whatever you do do NOT go to target today. 

Oh don’t worry. I got everything I need last night. Good on liquor and auto parts, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like that rule about clothes, but when everything you own no longer fits, sometimes you just gotta buy it.

the auto zone though, i mean damn, i hope someone grabbed the floor mats at least. those are a lifesaver for the car. i use the rubber ones. 

I would just go to like gap or banana republic or j crew if they’re still open Or even Uniqlo and just buy some basic staple type things to get you some clothes that fit and then take your time and maybe you like the way some things look on you now and then go to little more upscale places and replace the things you really like with nicer stuff or whatever. Or just ball out from the start. Who cares. You’re young and rich and handsome as hell. 

after my weight loss, i bought a lot of clothes on amazon. new undershirts for cheap. but i like a good hoodie. but not a thick, heavy hoodie. like a stylish lean hoodie. so i bought one of these in every color. i love them. i have ten or so for any occasion. then just picked up some polo pullovers when they were on sale and im good.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohoo-Sleeve-Lightweight-Hoodie-DCF010-NAVY-M/dp/B01N28WMOZ/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_c_0_17?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01N28WMOZ&pd_rd_r=0273deaa-f933-4989-bd13-ff7b2eeda75e&pd_rd_w=StyMA&pd_rd_wg=7ZWsx&pf_rd_p=e7689c0c-effa-447b-90f6-431e8090e282&pf_rd_r=Y6CE37YM87F2HJ4C286S&psc=1&refRID=Y6CE37YM87F2HJ4C286S

I appreciate the advice. I have bought several things from Nordstrom and overall I’m happy and wearing it all routinely. But I do have some past purchases that are as you describe. Of course these days there’s not much of a chance to wear stuff unless it’s for a webcam.

I want to like Uniqlo but I’m not sure if I’m too old to be wearing it. The models are all like 15. 

uniqlo isnt for guys like us, stratty. we need the classic's. im a j crew shorts, ralph lauren quarter zip pullover guy. it works for me, and it can work for you too. 

Uniqlo’s OCBD, polos, and poplin shirts are decently cut and reasonably priced for the quality. And their $7 plain tshirts are super good for the price. I’m also a big fan of their collarless mesh undershirts (get grey vneck so they hide completely). Love those things.  Their raw denim is pretty good too. Just stay away from their graphic shirts and shit and you’ll be fine. 

I know fashion. I got style, not like they say, like ugly. 

I am so sick of working from home. My computer of course wouldn’t connect to the system most of the day and it’s a 6 hour wait on the help desk line. Good, good stuff. 

I actually lean more toward J Crew over Uniqlo.  But I will check out the recommended things.

The J Crew situation is kind of hilarious. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-17/in-finance-j-crew-is-a-verb-it-means-to-stick-it-to-a-lender

And now they have declared bankruptcy.

Napa, how's the weight loss coming?  I was 173 this morning.  It's looking like I might be done sooner than July.  Been very strict about intake, and have had a few 10 mile days this week.

I'm having a virtual date with the new girl next week.  Still not texting though.  It's a little weird at this point.

Yeah, j crew’s good. I just knew they declared bankruptcy recently and didn’t know the status of stores or whatever at this point. 

And not great. Mays mostly been a wasted month if not a bit of a backslide. I started getting takeout and not making great food choices otherwise. And minimal exercise. 

Not that you have any choice in the matter, but "virtual date" sounds much worse than a regular date. At least with no texting, you'll have a full arsenal of stuff to chat about. Maybe some light-hearted race riot talk.

• Haha 1

It's still totally arm's length on her part, but I get it, she's probably heard nothing but terrible things about online dating.  I have a few stories I've been holding back for video, but otherwise, I'd rather just have her number and be able to talk throughout the day, rather than being trapped in the app.

The one thing that has surprised me, after talking to her, I match way fewer girls.  My standards went up I guess.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, InternetExplorer said:

Well, she has an Android, so let’s add another to the Ron column. 

I have the latest iPhone and have had one since the 3

2 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

It's still totally arm's length on her part, but I get it, she's probably heard nothing but terrible things about online dating.  I have a few stories I've been holding back for video, but otherwise, I'd rather just have her number and be able to talk throughout the day, rather than being trapped in the app.

The one thing that has surprised me, after talking to her, I match way fewer girls.  My standards went up I guess.

I’m concerned that you still don’t have a number.    It’s been a while and shit is opening up.  She’s holding back.  Why is the question. 

I just meant that you were correct about not making a joke about Androids.  I've always been like two generations behind on iPhones--currently have an 8, planning to stick with it for a while.  I like the touch ID unlock, don't know how I feel about the face unlock thing.

I think it's overly cautious on her part, because she can just block the number if she's not into it.  I suppose I don't know the full range of damage someone can do with a phone number.  Just seeing how girls act, I can tell that your average guy doesn't do so great in handling rejection.

• Like 1