I Called In Sick Today

Yeah it kinda bummed me out when I realized on Saturday that I was supposed have been at RATM + RTJ a couple of days earlier. I'm kinda hoping that all the artists are using this time to make some great frickin albums and 2021 will just be jammed full of tours and killer festival lineups. I doubt the record companies will play along but we can hope. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Did my surgery, found out afterwards in conversation with my brother that (1) they did anesthesia when it wasn't needed and (2) they prescribed narcotics that aren't necessary.  I don't know how much the latter would have cost, but the former is at least $500 out of pocket for me.  He says this stuff to me and just absolutely kills my faith in people.

The surgeon didn't stick around to talk to me so I'm not sure how to take it.  It was a biopsy to make sure it wasn't something more serious, I guess he couldn't conclusively tell.

Our parent company just sold off their anesthesiologist biz line. They were forecasting huge losses this year from covid but I also think they realized how much of dog it was and how much work it was going to be to get it efficient and so covid just moved up the timeline. That’s my guess anyways. 

But, I bet it was one of our old anesthesiologists who was there because they have a big presence in KY. 

Someone come over and kick me in the nuts for being such an idiot. I’ll never get over not buying penn national gaming at 4 per share. I should be ridiculed for life on this. I put in an order to buy 10,000 worth at 3.5 instead of market and then didn’t buy in that day when it went up out of the game to 4.25. Would be up like 60k if I got 10,000 worth at market cost that morning. 

This is how losers stay losing. 

2 hours ago, Essay21 said:

Someone come over and kick me in the nuts for being such an idiot. I’ll never get over not buying penn national gaming at 4 per share. I should be ridiculed for life on this. I put in an order to buy 10,000 worth at 3.5 instead of market and then didn’t buy in that day when it went up out of the game to 4.25. Would be up like 60k if I got 10,000 worth at market cost that morning. 

This is how losers stay losing. 

Funny enough, I actually DID buy into PENN based on your recommend.  I got in at around 9, and sold Monday at around 21.  I'm happy with that result.

• Like 2

When the prostitutes reach out, do they use some coded language? Is it obvious from a slutty profile pic? Are they looking for business, and not trying to dupe you?

Typically prostitutes are not willing to pay for the site, so they ask for your number with the one free message they get.  Also, they usually are attractive enough that they don't need to be contacting guys to have conversations... so why are they contacting a random guy that isn't a 10?

The girl from yesterday was on private mode, presumably because she's tired of the spam.  So she had to reach out to me to talk, and her grammar was good, so that's why I figured, not a prostitute.  She's a data scientist, looking for a fellow nerd.  I'm in.

Thanks napa.  I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

• Like 2

There's back-to-back episodes this season that are near-perfect. 

Watched Punch-Drunk Love for the first time last night. I never knew what it was about, and always confused it with 50 First Dates, so I never bothered to watch. It was quite pleasant! And a brisk 87 minutes. I enjoyed myself. 

On 5/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, InternetExplorer said:

One handed living is the actual worst.

However, a super cute non-prostitute girl reached out last night. 

Speaking of which. Reason #496 working from home rules: the ability to conveniently and comfortably rub one out in the middle of the day should the need arise. 

3 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Watched Punch-Drunk Love for the first time last night. I never knew what it was about, and always confused it with 50 First Dates, so I never bothered to watch. It was quite pleasant! And a brisk 87 minutes. I enjoyed myself. 

tumblr_pvr355pjBB1qe8lb8o1_250.gif

It's a really great movie. Love the suit. Love the music. Love the visuals. Love the pudding subplot.

3 hours ago, Theraflu said:

There's back-to-back episodes this season that are near-perfect. 

I love Punch Drunk Love.

52 minutes ago, CobaltBlue said:

tumblr_pvr355pjBB1qe8lb8o1_250.gif

It's a really great movie. Love the suit. Love the music. Love the visuals. Love the pudding subplot.

These thoughts really nail it. The suit idea is so wonderfully done. 

PSH's reaction after the STFU line absolutely killed me. 

• Like 1

Been continuing to talk to the nerdy girl. She’s seeming pretty ideal, but very new to online dating, so I’m trying to figure out the right time to try to move the conversation over to texts. I don’t know if there is a right answer, but the way I have been approaching it, after a few days of talking, I’m just giving the girl my number in a pretty no pressure fashion, saying I am not one to randomly call, but that I am up for arranging a FaceTime or whatever.

Interested in the thread’s thoughts. I personally think it’s pretty aggressive/needy to randomly call someone these days. I’ve heard this feedback anyway.