I Called In Sick Today

I bought a indoor cycle today. Going to just put it in my living room next to my front door since I’m not really using that anymore and force myself to ride it while watching tv. 

not a super expensive one or anything. Just one that was on amazon that had good reviews and was actually in stock. I’m sure if I checked I’d see that 2 months ago it was $150 cheaper but I don’t need to do that to my  psyche. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think, if you are pricing the 'smart' one with branded classes against normal spin classes, the price of the bike is not outrageous.  The good spin class place in town is $140/mo, which is not a crazy long break-even against peloton.

But you really don't need the actual bike to be in the classes.

Walked five miles this morning.  What a great feeling.

I'm down to a daily average of about 175lbs. I'm continuing to burn 1000-1400 calories a day, 50/50 diet and exercise, which will have me wrapping it up mid-next month if I stick with 165 as the goal.  My blood pressure, which screwed me on my insurance rating a year ago, is now in the normal range.  

I may end up moving the goal post to 155.  I remember someone in here telling me that I would be a "skinny fat guy" which was true at 165.  The real answer is just to start doing strength training... I'm resisting it.

:rimshot:

nice work. Although now I’m concerned I may have more trouble getting my blood pressure back to normal range than I thought. I haven’t stepped on the scale in a few weeks. I would guess I’ve lost a little more weight but not as much as I could have. I’ve been eating a lot less, mostly out of laziness and not wanting to cook, but I also haven’t been doing as much exercise. 

My scale tells me my lean body mass is 172 which would put my ideal weigh around just under 200 but I imagine when I lose more weight those numbers will change significantly since I seem to remember reading those scales don’t do great when you’re super fat like I am. 

Its weird because a year ago I’d have told you I could never weigh below 200. And I was 160 this morning, and there no doubt with a nutritionist and chef I could get down to 150.  But I can’t afford that so it won’t happen. I’ll stick with my chicken and apples. 

Yeah, I was in the exact same place four months ago. I tried this a few times over the last several years, but it's so easy to get discouraged, and I wasn't serious about exercise.  Was it getting sick that caused you to want to be healthier?

yeah, it really just hit home how poor my diet was when i had to have a surgery normally meant for middle aged women at 33. and i got some positive reinforcement when i dropped weight so easily before the surgery that i just kept it up. i mean who could have known cutting out 1500 to 2000 calories a day of junk would help me lose weight. 

16 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said:

yeah, it really just hit home how poor my diet was when i had to have a surgery normally meant for middle aged women at 33. and i got some positive reinforcement when i dropped weight so easily before the surgery that i just kept it up. i mean who could have known cutting out 1500 to 2000 calories a day of junk would help me lose weight. 

I have not had any burritos since I started.  I doubt you went that far.  900 calories is just tough to fit into a 1500 calorie budget, even with exercise mixed in.

Did a covid test this morning.  It isn't as bad as people are saying, but still, would not recommend.

3 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

I have not had any burritos since I started.  I doubt you went that far.  900 calories is just tough to fit into a 1500 calorie budget, even with exercise mixed in.

Did a covid test this morning.  It isn't as bad as people are saying, but still, would not recommend.

I haven’t had a burrito either. The tortilla is just too many calories. I don’t eat bread anymore either. Or chips. No fried foods. 

its not great but it has to be done. 

My bowl now is double chicken, black beans and cheese. Simple but effective. Had to go to double chicken as I was getting too hungry before bed and waking up starving. 

just finished last kingdom. I love the shoe. They better make at least two more seasons. They have the material. 

On 5/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

Gall bladder surgery is meant for middle aged women?

so, now you don’t eat rice, bread, chips or anything?  There are no sports.  You don’t drink. No girls.  Sincere question:  Where are you finding your joys in life?  We need them.

Have you become weight obsessed or do you think this is a lifestyle you want to maintain?

I can't speak for suited, but I'm going to settle into a lifestyle that works for maintenance, and it won't mean never eating fries or anything like that.  Just takes 200-300 calories fewer than before, and a little exercise each morning (which is huge for my mood anyway).

So while I've been playing 2-5 hours of cards every night, I've taken to watching live concerts over the last two weeks on the second screen. It's been good for a number of reasons, but mostly because who the **** knows when we'll be able to enjoy a live show again.