I Called In Sick Today

15 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

Tiger King was just a decent, long ep of Dateline, which I like.  

Agreed.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

3 hours ago, hank213 said:

I totally forgot about that show. I meant to check it out. 

Anybody know where I might find all the seasons of Brockmire thus far? I want to start with season 1 but directv and/or sundance are a bunch of assholes with their on demand offerings

Hanky, this site is pretty perfect for that question. I use it almost daily.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=brockmire

Also, Brockmire is really good.

• Like 1

Yep. I’ve been eating a lot better since I’m afraid to eat takeout. I’ve also worked out a few times. But with my upcoming furlough I’m going to really step it up and try to get as healthy as I can before I have to return from WFH. I was down 15 lbs from the start when I last checked a week ago. A buddy made a bet with me about not stepping on the scale for the rest of the month though so I put it away.

I’ve also really cut down on my caffeine intake (that’s mostly just laziness though) and have been sleeping better and worked with my doctor to get on some different meds that should help as well. 

• Like 1

Napa, since you are doing it anyway, you might as well get paid:

healthywage.com

Bought the first season of Brockmire on amazon. It was good but I don't think good enough to pay for the remaining seasons.

Likes second to last episode when Brockmire immediately cold cocks the guy who says "Joe Buck" had me rolling. I kinda wish they would have just left it there, like the mere mention of Joe Buck sends Brockmire into a rage and he just decks anyone that says that name. 

Is Buck in season 1? If not, he does show up a time or in the future. You'll also be missing out on JK Simmons as a retired ballplayer with a huge hog in S3, I think. Amanda Peet got busy and isn't in future seasons as much. 

5 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Is Buck in season 1? If not, he does show up a time or in the future. You'll also be missing out on JK Simmons as a retired ballplayer with a huge hog in S3, I think. Amanda Peet got busy and isn't in future seasons as much. 

Yeah in like the final 2 episodes of the season.

Reading a book on forming friendships as an adult.  Someone in a dating discussion basically said, "alongside online dating, work on expanding your friend group and look for connections there, and here's the guide for accomplishing that."  Makes sense, and frankly now that in person gatherings are mostly off, it's probably easier to get into the online equivalent during the lockdown.  Also there's apparently material in the book that's useful for online dating in general.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZHQLM8/

I'm walking 4-5 miles/day now, working out each morning, and it's having a real impact on my mood.  I'm still drinking some nights when gaming with my buddies, which is not great for the weight loss goal, but what are you gonna do.  End stage, I'm going to have a daily 20 minute morning workout and a defined running schedule, but I am taking it easy on the ramp-up.  

I realized my profile photos are hurting me because none of them are in scenic/outdoors, and the main one is a blatant selfie, and I'm wearing the same kinds of clothes in all of them.  Bought some new clothes and a selfie stick.  I have a few places in mind, around town / short road trip.  This was one of the points in the dating discussion, that especially for average looking guys like me, your pictures cannot be garbage.

I'm going to have to re-buy clothes and re-take the photos when I eventually hit my weight goal, but I'm expecting to be happy about it when that comes to pass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Proud of you, Strat. Taking advantage of the situation. I have not been as diligent as you are being but I’m definitely doing more than I was. 

Friends convinced me to hope one the new free CoD so I was playing with a buddy and his friend and his friend is a currently out of work PT so I asked him about maybe helping me stay consistent and stuff but he said he normally charges $50/week for that kind of stuff and if I hadn’t just been furloughed I would have snap agreed but now until I know I’ll qualify for unemployment I’m probably going to hold off. Because I don’t really need help making a plan and stuff. It’s just more helping to keep me accountable and actually doing them. 

Thanks!  Yeah, part of me wishes I lived back home.  My brother is a great accountability coach and would be a solid gym buddy.  I would be in shape right now if he were local.

You're making me think I should be looking into finding someone to pay for that.

Yeah dude, if you can afford it you should.

What’s a few hundred for a few months to drastically improve your life? One of the personal finance guys I follow is big into not even thinking twice about paying to improve your health or your career.  Mercilessly cut shit out of your budget that doesn’t really matter to you so you can spend it on shit that does is his main philosophy.  Sort of the Marie Kondo “does this spark joy” but for your spending.

I mean, I could even put you in touch with this guy because its all going to be virtual anyways, but 

3 hours ago, Napa_Don said:

accountabilibuddies

Never heard this term, and I like it. More for the pleasant lingual sound than the idea, but thanks either way.

Pretty great time to be a tax collector and in charge of unemployment. Certainly no mental weight associated with any of that. 

10 minutes ago, Theraflu said:

Never heard this term, and I like it. More for the pleasant lingual sound than the idea, but thanks either way.

Pretty great time to be a tax collector and in charge of unemployment. Certainly no mental weight associated with any of that. 

i wish I could take credit but Simpson’s South Park did it

• Like 1

The coworker I wanted to date, that whole sticky situation, was briefly revisited and then shut down.  We stopped talking for a few weeks, and she reached out randomly to catch up.  It quickly turned into all day off and on texting, same awesome conversation we've had since I first got to know her.  After a week of that, I finally just offered, let's have drinks over facetime.  She dodged.  I stopped putting effort into the conversation, and it died off.  I'd love to be able to be her friend, but it's just super unhealthy. 

Anyway, not coincidentally at all, I'm now more productive at work, consistently hitting my daily exercise goal, and not as tempted to hit "fast forward" on the night with drinking.  I had stalled out on my weight loss goal for a few weeks, but now I'm consistently losing about 1200 calories a day, and should be able to get back on my original timeline with another month of this.  I'm buying new clothes, getting a few new pairs of glasses, growing my hair out, etc. 

I'm only talking to one girl right now, but I'm not really feeling it. I've really only talked to one girl that wasn't blatantly lazy with conversation. 

• Like 1