I Called In Sick Today

I've had two different groups of acquaintances start "home games" on Pokerstars. Everyone venmo's the host before the tourney, and then you use play money to enter the tourneys. It's been a decent distraction.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Theraflu said:

I've had two different groups of acquaintances start "home games" on Pokerstars. Everyone venmo's the host before the tourney, and then you use play money to enter the tourneys. It's been a decent distraction.

I played one a couple for weeks ago and the same group started a wed and sat tourney and the settle up via PayPal every month.  I didn’t have an urge to start a tourney at 10pm on Wed.  Last one only had 19 people, I went out 8th and it took over two hours.   Great structure, but I gotta get up.  Fortunately, no shower or commute

but I do shower every day, and put on socks and sneakers.  Of this, I’m proud

• Like 1

Don’t think there’s much difference between Trump and Biden.  Trump is center left with some lip service to try to convince his party’s base. We are going left after this experience either way. I just didn’t want a hard left candidate to win on the democrat side, and that’s what we got. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, InternetExplorer said:

Don’t think there’s much difference between Trump and Biden.  Trump is center left with some lip service to try to convince his party’s base. We are going left after this experience either way. I just didn’t want a hard left candidate to win on the democrat side, and that’s what we got. 

I really don’t want to keep engaging, but your first sentence is patently absurd. 

trump is a raging narcissist who only lives to serve himself, his ego and his bank account. He’s a lifelong grifter and conman.     Please stop with this “they are the same” stuff.  You can not like Biden for a multitude of reasons, but Trump is a huge racist, knows nothing, is letting Stephen Miller do the governing, and is just in it for praise and credit.  Not to mention he can barely read, is an adderall junkie, can’t form a complete sentence. 

If you want a conservative court for the rest of your life, just say so, but please fcking stop with “they are the same”

MAYBE Trump was left leaning back in the day, but he’s currently drunk on rube adulation and is run by The Federalist Society 

again, I’m only caping up against the notion they are even in the same league.  Trump is a garbage human, stupid, and thinks he knows it all to boot.  He’s trash.  Stop.  I don’t like or want Biden, but he’s what I’m stuck with, because the gum on my shoe would be better than Trump by leaps and bounds

13 minutes ago, InternetExplorer said:

My evidence for Trump being net left. His background, obviously. But also, pre-2016, if you asked anyone about protectionist policies like tariffs, on which side of the aisle would that fall? It has all shifted to fit the potus we have. 

Tariffs.  He waged war on behalf of the farmers, if failed, they got Billions in govt bailouts, and when a deal was finally struck, it was the same deal they started with.   

and he thinks tariffs are paid by China.  He’s a fcking moron. Cmon man

I now have to ignore this page for a week, because I don’t talk politics much, to anyone, anywhere.   I just lose my shit at false equivalencies.  

and you know brvy is gonna come here a week from now and chime in and fire it all back up.  Don’t do it, brvy.  Tonight, tomorrow or never.  

Now I’m done. 

Need something to watch that I get into.  Can’t find anything. Or, am afraid to start anything. Better Call Saul is so good 

That being said, you all are entitled to your opinions and it’s your right to express them here.  I would never attempt to stifle that. I just try and regulate my intake and spewing to a minimum 

My last piece: I feel when discussing where a specific politician falls on the left:right spectrum it is important to remember that the center has objectively shifted right over the last few decades. Many clintonian neoliberal policies are basically Reagan era GOP policies when it comes to regulation etc.  

Ron, did you see Kids in the Hall is getting revived? I'm trepidatiously giddy. I started rewatching Community since I blew through the latest season of Ozark in like 2 days. I flat out ****ing refuse to watch more than the 1 episode I saw of tiger king. 

To appease strat since it appears he is not a boob guy

methodgetsgina-carano_original.jpg?12977

• Like 1

That is a breathtaking hiney

never loved Kids in the Hall.   But USA just started a Psych marathon and I will be recording. 

haven’t started Ozark s3 yet.  

I miss Mrs Maisel, The Boys Billions, and a few other I can’t remember now.   Although I think Billions really jumped the shark with that ending. We’ll see, I guess 

Tiger King was just a decent, long ep of Dateline, which I like.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think Trump is more of the same, just with some obnoxious veneer. Merkel pointed it out in an interview like six months ago, that the US policy toward Europe was the same under Obama, just a lot less out in the open.  Trump's marketing and persona counts for basically nothing in the behind the scenes bartering between nations. It's just a bunch of very smart diplomats and policymakers doing the best they can with the chess board they inherited. I hate to open this can of worms, but look at the administrations that presided over Vietnam as evidence of how a newcomer so quickly conforms to the conventional approach, regardless of how he campaigned.

I really do not like Trump, between blowing out the deficit and trying to pressure the fed for rate cuts.  All in an attempt to improve the economy going into his re-election bid, knowing that we all will shoulder the cost of it long after his second term is done. This is not to say I think left or right would act differently, it's just rational for his personal incentives. Our system sucks, what are you gonna do.

Anyway, on the balance, I'm good with no changes, and I think we have that secured in Trump v Biden. Things could be better, but they could be a lot worse, too. I originally wanted Trump v Bloomberg, but in retrospect I'm glad he wasn't able to make it a requirement to be a billionaire to be president.

• Like 1

Better Call Saul is an incredible show. I also think Succession kind of takes a dump on Billions, as much as I liked the first few seasons. I really liked s3 of Ozark. So many other shows I'm forgetting. Everything has just gotten a lot smarter.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Better Call Saul is an incredible show. I also think Succession kind of takes a dump on Billions, as much as I liked the first few seasons. I really liked s3 of Ozark. So many other shows I'm forgetting. Everything has just gotten a lot smarter.

The first season or two of billions was fantastic but I think they've painted themselves in a bit of a corner with Axe and Chuck being allies. No matter how uneasy the alliance is, they're still in cahoots. Honestly, I think that should've been the planned end of the show. The original premise was to reflect how the ultra-wealthy and various power brokers are all working toward the same end with no real need to conspire, the confluence of interests if you will. So, once the lawyer and the robber baron are working together, that's it for the premise. 

vague discussion of ozark season finale 

The ending of Ozark was somehow predictable and shocking at the same time. Like, I knew what had to happen I just didn't expect it to occur when and in the manner it did.

Briarpatch is a solid show on USA. Twin Peaks like feel in Texas, based off a novel. One and done season with Rosario Dawson, Kim Dickens, Jay Ferguson. One or two episodes left.

• Like 1

I totally forgot about that show. I meant to check it out. 

Anybody know where I might find all the seasons of Brockmire thus far? I want to start with season 1 but directv and/or sundance are a bunch of assholes with their on demand offerings

1 hour ago, Napa_Don said:

I’m honestly shocked you guys are cool with another four years of Trump if it happens. 

Wasn't really cool with any of the field, and I don't like Trump.  I was most comfortable with Bloomberg, because I believed he had the analytical background to do some real good. I really just don't understand putting a 77 year old guy up for a four year job.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it because I don't think the person matters very much.  I think it mostly comes down to existing circumstances, and the president can only influence so much in 4-8 years.  The obvious counter-example being Bush's Iraq nonsense, but again, the voters had to be bought in for that to occur. I'm not hearing anyone advocating for stuff like that, so I think it's going to be fine either way.

I’m fine with trump because he’s mostly bluster, and the hysteria about his comments by the media is the media’s fault. Life goes on, and in the end people will be better off ten years from now than they are today because of technology. So we can sit here and cry about how the world isn’t perfect and pretend that began with trump being elected, or we can forge ahead, make the best of life, help those you care about and be free in the best country in the history of countries. 

that doesn’t even get into my feelings about courts, which make it worthwhile. But that’s mostly cocaine mitch. 

16 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Our group has also done this.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:19 PM, Theraflu said:

Just so we're clear: Brvy took part and enjoyed the voting process in Wisconsin today (which is a separate baffling question).

The supreme court refusing to allow measures to make it safer for everyone to vote is criminal. 

As a public official I try extremely hard not to ever post on Facebook. So I'm airing it here to you 10.

I'm ready for your questions!

16 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

trump is a raging narcissist who only lives to serve himself, his ego and his bank account. He’s a lifelong grifter and conman.     

Trump is just in it for praise and credit.  

MAYBE Trump was left leaning back in the day, but he’s currently drunk on rube adulation and is run by The Federalist Society 

Trump is a garbage human, stupid, and thinks he knows it all to boot.  He’s trash. 

I agree with all this stuff.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

and you know brvy is gonna come here a week from now and chime in and fire it all back up.  Don’t do it, brvy.  Tonight, tomorrow or never.  

Oops.  Too late.  I already agreed with a bunch of stuff you wrote.

I think you're wrong about your instant reaction to Strat saying they are the same.   I think he was talking from a policy standpoint, not on a personal level.  Everyone knows they aren't the same on a personal level.