I Called In Sick Today

im doing fine. I mean I’m the same. But I have discovered barstool. Not sure how I never watched their stuff before. Big fan of el presidente. One bite, everyone knows the rules. Watched like 100 of the pizza reviews. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Essay21 said:

im doing fine. I mean I’m the same. But I have discovered barstool. Not sure how I never watched their stuff before. Big fan of el presidente. One bite, everyone knows the rules. Watched like 100 of the pizza reviews. 

That tracks.

• Haha 2

I've never heard of him, so I figured I would check him out. 

He's absolutely full of crap.

He rated Giordano's 8.4 and Lou Malnati's 8.2.   That's just crazy.  I don't even think the owners of Giordano's would rate Lou Malnati's below them.

So, last few days have been pretty horrible.

Thumbnail was bothering me. It has been an issue for over four years. I text a pic to my brother, a hand surgeon. He freaks out, tells me to go get it looked at ASAP. Says it looks like melanoma.

I go to a hand surgeon and he refers me to a cancer guy. Says, don’t worry about the hand, let’s just make sure we address the cancer. At this point I am not listening to what anyone says, they are just being nice while I wait for the results to say it’s melanoma.

So for the last several days, I was thinking I was facing down at least losing my thumb, and probably chemo in the midst of this virus stuff (a different kind of death sentence). I took off work, drove home, and as soon as I got here, my brother sat me down and walked me through why it’s almost certainly not melanoma using case photos.

I believe him, the fact pattern doesn’t fit cancer, and I don’t think he’s just being nice. Surgery to fix this thing is next week, with a guy my brother found through his network. Likely going to have a messed up nail afterwards, but I really do not care. I’ll have a thumb. I don’t know what all I’m changing after this is done, but my approach to life is going to be different. 

• Like 1

Just got 40% fired for probably at least 90 days (Hours reduced with a proportionate reduction in take gross pay).  

Hopefully I still qualify for unemployment with my side gig. If so this could be a pretty good 90 days, all things considered. 

• Like 1
On 4/4/2020 at 5:29 AM, InternetExplorer said:

So, last few days have been pretty horrible.

Thumbnail was bothering me. It has been an issue for over four years. I text a pic to my brother, a hand surgeon. He freaks out, tells me to go get it looked at ASAP. Says it looks like melanoma.

I go to a hand surgeon and he refers me to a cancer guy. Says, don’t worry about the hand, let’s just make sure we address the cancer. At this point I am not listening to what anyone says, they are just being nice while I wait for the results to say it’s melanoma.

So for the last several days, I was thinking I was facing down at least losing my thumb, and probably chemo in the midst of this virus stuff (a different kind of death sentence). I took off work, drove home, and as soon as I got here, my brother sat me down and walked me through why it’s almost certainly not melanoma using case photos.

I believe him, the fact pattern doesn’t fit cancer, and I don’t think he’s just being nice. Surgery to fix this thing is next week, with a guy my brother found through his network. Likely going to have a messed up nail afterwards, but I really do not care. I’ll have a thumb. I don’t know what all I’m changing after this is done, but my approach to life is going to be different. 

Hope everything goes well with the surgery.  Hope it's not cancerous, obviously. I'll be thinking about you.  

59 minutes ago, Napa_Don said:

Just got 40% fired for probably at least 90 days (Hours reduced with a proportionate reduction in take gross pay).  

Hopefully I still qualify for unemployment with my side gig. If so this could be a pretty good 90 days, all things considered. 

Sorry about the pay cut.  Hope it works out!

Strat, is this thumb on dominant or non-dominant hand? I mean, either way sucks but dominant would suck a bit more. Hopefully some comes in and House's that shit for you and it becomes best case scenario. 

Napler, hang in there bud. Use the time well. 

I was supposed to be in Vegas all last week but that didn't work out. So we went ahead and still got hitched, just did it in my literal backyard. 

• Like 2
On 4/4/2020 at 6:29 AM, InternetExplorer said:

I don’t know what all I’m changing after this is done, but my approach to life is going to be different. 

First change.  When something on your body bothers you for a year, have it checked out.  Four years is absurd

positive vibes your way.  Sounds like it’s going to be under control and a minor bump in your road.   You got this. 

7 hours ago, Napa_Don said:

Sucks, buddy.  Please make sure you only do 60-65% of the  work.  Don’t be doing a full job load for 40% less pay unless you love it or see a promotion from doing it. Or need to outrun the dept hero.  They want to reduce your hours and pay, then reduce the work

i wonder if this is coming for me.  I have so many damn payroll deductions, I might get a bill twice a month instead of a check. 

Yeah, I’m going to the doc to get something else checked out as soon as this is over. When this first happened, I was pinching pennies, now I don’t care that office visits are gonna be like $150.

It is my dominant thumb, but I don’t strictly act like a lefty. I can adjust on everything but handwriting, I think. I might just lose it at the first joint in the worst case scenario. But the surgeon pretty much told me, if this was bad, you’d be dead already. 

Talking to my boss today she explained it that they are going to stagger our work week hours so that I’ll hopefully qualify for unemployment every other week or whatever. The normal unemployment amount will be negligible since I’ll be right up against my max amount of gross earnings but getting the $600 fed payment will make me mostly whole. They said they cleared it with outside counsel too. So, I also think that if I just load up my side work hours on my big weeks that will be fine too since it’s all about weekly weekly earnings. 

1 hour ago, Napa_Don said:

Talking to my boss today she explained it that they are going to stagger our work week hours so that I’ll hopefully qualify for unemployment every other week or whatever. The normal unemployment amount will be negligible since I’ll be right up against my max amount of gross earnings but getting the $600 fed payment will make me mostly whole. They said they cleared it with outside counsel too. So, I also think that if I just load up my side work hours on my big weeks that will be fine too since it’s all about weekly weekly earnings. 

I'm gonna guess you have like a year of living expenses saved, or something crazy like that.

You would guess wrong. I haven’t really been making good money for that long and in that time I also bought a house and paid off some debt and such.  I’d be good 4-6 months, depending on how deep I cut expenses and stuff, if I lost all income. 

25 minutes ago, Napa_Don said:

You would guess wrong. I haven’t really been making good money for that long and in that time I also bought a house and paid off some debt and such.  I’d be good 4-6 months, depending on how deep I cut expenses and stuff, if I lost all income. 

Seems like you're in great shape compared to the normal person. I cannot see this lasting more than another two months.  I just don't think we have patience, and I wonder if there will be antibody testing to allow things to mostly come back online for the subset that has already had it.