I Called In Sick Today

If I wasn’t in the industry, I would be looking at FOCS. Their model has some risk to it (ownership can definitely cash out and check out) but it’s a relatively pure play in an industry that is killing it. They buy non-controlling stakes in RIAs, provide real practice management, while still keeping the brand in tact.

I think it’s down because they fueled their growth with debt, so that’s something to consider before you jump in. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

One of my direct reports was in Disney (Florida) the week before last, came to the office on Monday and made it clear that his intention was not to follow any kind of precautionary isolation protocol. The guy who sits immediately behind me flew to the northeast the previous week as well and also made it clear he intended to keep coming to the office. So, since my division was intending on the entire organization being on a work from home footing by the end of last week anyway, I implemented a mandatory work from home starting Tuesday until further notice for my part of the organization. Couple of people bitching about it because they don't have decent places to post up their workstations at home but I don't really have any sympathy for them. 1. Half my org, including some of the whiners, works in a rotating overnight on call footing already and 2. I warned them a little over 2 weeks ago to start preparing for a work from home situation. Finally, 3) I offered to let them take home extra monitors, standing desks etc. if they need the hardware to make it easier to work at home to which the grumblers declined. 

• Like 1

Unreal. Stuff like that makes me think that we don’t have any sort of chance because enough people won’t take treat it seriously until it’s too late because they heard “it’s basically the flu” early on and haven’t bothered to learn more or change their mind. 

i stayed in Friday night (9 days ago) and then only left the house to grab a pizza quick, while doing my best to social distance, and then again last Sunday night to get some groceries. Otherwise I’ve been locked down since. 

I had some mild symptoms start showing up today so I’ve been very stressed out and probably making them worse. Im at a higher risk risk due to some health issues as well as being fat AF. If I don’t make it through I love you all and I’m glad for the company over the years. 

Stay safe, nap. I’ll bet you’re fine. My hypochondria flared up early but I got past it. 

Kansas City locked down at least 30 more days. I’m trying to remain positive, but I don’t think I can take 3 months of this. 

At work, they are making everyone work from home except the “critical” team, which is two people per week, switching every other week. 

I have to go in this week, then stay home next week, then back the following week. This feels like a punishment, but I think I need it to make sure I have to get up and get going. 

Went to the store yesterday at open, hoping to get milk/eggs.  There was a massive line of people, being managed by police, with no distancing obviously.  Ultimately the store was out of everything people were there to get.

Basically, echo comments about nobody taking this seriously.

Dating update. Still talking to the same two girls.

The one, I’m not sure about meeting at this point. She is cute, has good grammar, but I have a weird feeling about her. Like, maybe doesn’t actually have a job, despite saying vaguely that she does.

The other one, super cute Asian girl, so introverted that I wonder if she will want to meet on a two month timeframe. I think the way it has to work at this point, we would need to be pretending to shop somewhere, because all the other standard options are shut down.

I guess you could file that idea under “not taking the virus seriously” but in this whole endeavor the coronavirus is not the most dangerous one I’m risking. 

• Like 1

Coffee Meets Bagel is absolutely where the nerdy, has-their-shit-together girl sets up a profile. The response rate has been zero, but I can realistically only reach out to a few girls per day, so it will be a longer slog. I’m ok with it. Match and eHarmony do not compare. Match in particular is just a depressing picture. 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:00 PM, Essay21 said:

I’m thinking about going big on Penn National Gaming. The drop has been insane, but with sports betting coming nationwide, so long as they survive this i see it getting back to where it was. 

I hope you did it.  This was an amazing call.  They are up like 70% since you posted this.

My building, on the edge of our campus, is empty.  There is a maintenance man that comes in every so often, but it's rare.  I'm on break now until the end of April.

I have a personal bathroom and a corner office.  I have my own weight room/treadmill.  I have a parking spot right next to the door behind the building that you can't see from campus at all unless you are in the intramural fields or something.

Today, I went to work in my bathrobe.  Mind you, I was dressed (in shorts and a t-shirt), but I just felt like it was important.  It was.  

• Like 1

This social isolation thing ain’t so hard, been preparing for it for 15 years. It’s the no sports to watch that is really awful. If I’m the NBA I’m taking over Vegas and getting games up and running. The ratings would be enormous. Huge benefits. Figure it out for the love of god. 

This social isolation thing ain’t so hard, been preparing for it for 15 years. It’s the no sports to watch that is really awful. If I’m the NBA I’m taking over Vegas and getting games up and running. The ratings would be enormous. Huge benefits. Figure it out for the love of god. 

• Like 1

Ex is increasingly hinting like she wants to hang out. I am trying to just ignore it. It would be fun if it could just be casual, but her being her, it would be an excuse to not be out there looking for the long-term fit. I guess her new guy didn’t work out, but she has yet to tell me.

I am now texting with one girl, going to do a video chat or something in the next week. She was the first one I mentioned in my last update, and it now seems like she has a job and is pretty normal. I like her, we’ll see.

Two working girls liked me on Match tonight. So I got that going for me.

Just wanted to point out, to the other two single guys in the thread. Now is the era of the introvert for online dating. You have like three months of it not mattering that you aren’t outgoing. Wake up. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Two working girls liked me on Match tonight. So I got that going for me.

I really want this to mean what it should mean but I know it doesn't 

• Like 1

Ok, but I just want to point out that I am actually pretty outgoing when I’m around people. I just don’t like to do it very often.  I’m never going to approach a girl at a bar but if she’s already there to meet me I can hold my own. I’m terrible online and in text though when trying to get a conversation going.

• Like 1

Strat running through bitches 

essay, you got this.   This was your life, only without sports on tv.     Don’t worry, I’m in the same boat. My life is mostly the same besides I’m now working from home 

I love my lil Napa

• Like 1