Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

You'll be fine.  Who cares if a girl has kids.  She might be perfect for you.  That being said, all three of you should be dating (and buying the dip).

I am on Bumble now. I haven’t had any luck yet with matches, but my profile was originally not great. I got a second set of eyes on it and should be good going forward. 

Thinking about doing one of the other ones like match. I gotta get moving for sure.

I have been trying to match with a handful of girls who have kids. If the looks and personality work, I don’t care. 

• Like 1

In other news, I got gas yesterday for $1.98, and oil dropped 10% today.  It might get a little crazy soon.  I don't think I'll ever see $1/gallon again in my lifetime, but I could imagine prices getting down to 1.75 or lower.

I'll never forget the gas wars in Des Moines in 1997 when the huge QT on the northside got down to 77 cents.  Crazy.

So, I set up a profile on Match, and I have to say, it just plays to my strength (semi-intelligent conversation).  I'm still going to be passively looking at Bumble, but writing a good first message on Match is probably going to be the best bet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, InternetExplorer said:

So, I set up a profile on Match, and I have to say, it just plays to my strength (semi-intelligent conversation).  I'm still going to be passively looking at Bumble, but writing a good first message on Match is probably going to be the best bet.

I met my wife on Match. She was the only one I ever went on a date from on there. This was after using eharmony off and on for years. Think what service you're using generally depends on what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Don’t take me for a real authority, but if rates go there, I’m probably buying a place.

I don’t need it at all right now, but the monthly additional cost would be like $1500, to go from a decent condo to an extremely nice house in the second or third best neighborhood in town. 

3 hours ago, Theraflu said:

The Fed's meeting next week and will probably drop the rates again, so definitely hold out for a little while. 

yeah, but prime doesn’t necessarily correlate to the mortgage rates and this has been known for awhile so it’s already priced in anyways.  I did think the drop last week might do something since it was unexpected but I don’t think it really did.   

1 hour ago, InternetExplorer said:

Don’t take me for a real authority, but if rates go there, I’m probably buying a place.

I don’t need it at all right now, but the monthly additional cost would be like $1500, to go from a decent condo to an extremely nice house in the second or third best neighborhood in town. 

Nope, too late. It’s all on your shoulders. (My mortgage guy is saying he thinks they’ll go down more in the next few weeks too, fwiw).

In such a weird no man’s land with the home purchase. I am getting very tired of the condo, but I could be debt free, in an amazing home, if I stick it out for another few years.

The other upside to waiting is that my wife gets to pick the place according to whatever plans we have, and then I don’t theoretically have as much risk of having to move again. 

Yeah, it is. I am shelving the idea. I moved my cash back to my bank and set up recurring savings deposits. F it.

So, I have my dating profiles where I think they need to be, but I haven’t gotten any responses yet, after a week. Some people say, assuming you are average looking with a good profile, you get one match per 35 messages/swipes. I guess it blows my mind that girls are that picky. It could be that they are inundated or just not active on the app anymore. I’m trying not to be discouraged here.

Who cares how long it takes to get a match?  Just mess with it a little each night like playing a game and some day you'll get matched to the right person.  Don't get discouraged!

Dating apps can be quite depressing. I’ve quit them multiple times after swiping yes on literally hundreds of women and not getting any matches. I think few women are seriously using them at any given time. 

spekaing of, lately I’ve been pissing like ten or more times a day and just a slight discomfort at the tip most times. Went to the minute clinic and they piss tested me and I’m waiting on the results. The nurse practitioner certainly thought I had an std, but we’ll see. 

if I do though you gotta laugh.had sex one time in five years and lasted under ten seconds. Mighta caught the clap for it. 

Heyo ****eringers

I hope no one has called in sick lately. 

This forum needs a new server!

What's new here?  How many people still post here?

My dog teabagged my wife in her sleep last night.  At least it wasn't a spider that crawled into her mouth.

Love you all!  Even you!

Pants off,

Ouch

• Like 1
15 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

I am real sad if that’s a true story

Sadly, it is true. I lost the weight and was feeling good, so I got back out there. Had sex, she was upset by my performance and things deteriorated. Months go by, and I’m feeling some burning. Just waiting on the results. 

but I actually hope it is an std, because something is def wrong and the alternative is an enlarged Prostate or something else really weird. Just gimme some meds and clear this thing up. 

I watched Contagion last night after the nutty basketball stuff. That is a movie that is scarily applicable! 

Having the live fantasy draft on Saturday. It's an expansion year, up to 16 people, with one team having co-managers, making it 17 guys in one basement. It is a large basement, but the fear is certainly a subtext to the whole thing right now. Plus the uncertainty of the season, and this is shaping up to be an odd draft, in a bad way. I rename the league every year, trying to have something lightly amusing with what year the league is in. It's our 17th year, and early last week this is what I went with. 

team logofelo_mlb_silver_mini@3x.png

Covid-17  

Notes

2020 Season

Yeah, I’ve had the same experience as others on dating apps.  Just depressing. Like, yeah, I’d love to be out there dating different girls every night but it’s just not possible for me at the time. And I don’t exactly have standards here, either. It’s brutal. 

rage and RTJ just cancelled their mpls show so that’s ****in cool. I bet Uncle Sturg will do the same soon, too. 

I wish I had a lake house I could fvck off to for a couple of weeks. 

Keep at it. You’re funny, smart, successful, young, and you don’t have any baggage. I have seen the competition, you’re a catch. 

I fired up eharmony last night, unreal expensive, but it’s apparent that it’s worth the premium over the other apps. I am not trying to match with anyone yet, waiting to talk to their dating coach service before I dive in. That’s my regret with Bumble, I burned through all the girls with no awareness of some of the problems with my profile.

The main change I made, I came out and directly said I am doing well in my career and want to focus more on my personal life. I was worried this would just attract a certain type of money-focused girl, but at this point, I’m not getting a chance to talk to any girls, so...