Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

On 2/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, Napa_Don said:

Hey brvy we should try to grab a drink or something when I come to Chicago in late August for Chris Stapleton. Unless you’re busy. I know I am. 

100%

Big meeting today, someone trying to position themselves over my projects is getting an ‘at bat’ for it, based on some closed door meeting he had solo with the CEO. Like zero thought goes into anything around here, this guy has no business being involved, but it’s territory he could ostensibly grab, so he’s trying.

The plan is to keep plugging away as if this meeting never happened, take a much more proactive stance, and let nature take its course. I have the backing of many others in leadership.

We will see if my info on the meeting is correct, though. It would be awesome if my job were just to do the work, not having to fight off others trying to become my boss. 

• Like 1

You should work at a big bank. Don’t have to worry about stuff like that, only the rank incompetence of everyone around you. 

I did have a trust beneficiary’s wife tell me, and I quote, “...I’m going to destroy you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” 

so it’s been a good week. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Essay21 said:

You should work at a big bank. Don’t have to worry about stuff like that, only the rank incompetence of everyone around you. 

I did have a trust beneficiary’s wife tell me, and I quote, “...I’m going to destroy you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” 

Can’t destroy someone that’s already self destructed, so, like, the jokes on you lady. 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Essay21 said:

Oh man, I want your job.  That sounds energizing.  I would be laughing at people all day.

That was such a dumb decision by NFLX.  It's shocking how long they held out in the face of everyone hating it.

• Like 1

Started: 196lbs

Current: 187

Goal: 165

Doing quite well. It has been about a month and a half, I think. I am too lazy to find the earliest reference to it. I do not feel like my metabolism is slowing down, and I’m pretty much adjusted to the lighter diet without feeling hungry all the time.

Just putting some numbers to it, in six years, I overshot my maintenance by 90,000 calories. Incompetent seems like a good word. I think it’ll be another four months or so at my current pace, but I am going to start walking to accelerate it a bit. I don’t want to wait more than 2-3 months to start dating. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I am the same way, so naturally I weigh first thing. 

They are having a partner meeting next week, likely to discuss raising capital for paying the guys that left, and I wasn’t invited. It makes sense, I’m not vested. I am wondering if this means I won’t have to buy anything. That would be nice. 

I went to cash with all my non-qualified money before the market started convulsing, on 2/3. I wasn’t trying to time anything, I just knew this share purchase dilemma was coming, and I wanted to not worry about what ultimately happened.

So, I am going to save for two years, and will make a massive down payment on a really nice place. In other words, I’m just going to be investing in fixed income for a bit. I figure that’s probably the earliest possible timeline for needing to move out of my current place, assuming I meet someone and get to work on kids relatively fast. 

14 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

I went to cash with all my non-qualified money before the market started convulsing, on 2/3. I wasn’t trying to time anything, I just knew this share purchase dilemma was coming, and I wanted to not worry about what ultimately happened.

You SOB.  I wish I was that lucky.

I’m lucky in that I had to rollover 70% of my 401k balance in December and then never bothered to actually invest it and it’s just been sitting in my settlement account. So I missed some gains but also missed the much bigger losses. Time to buy the dip, probably. 

I don't know where the bottom is, but it doesn't really matter. I think retirement accounts should just be invested fully at all times. Really anything without a specific use tied to it within the next five years ought to be invested. Most people don't ever get to the point where all the short and intermediate term stuff is covered... we are all pretty lucky to have done well.

I know I should buy a place but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Moving to a new apartment with an attached garage soon. Probably go to house after two years there. 

I think I’m going to dive into dating sooner, like now. I am sticking to the weight loss goal but I am just so brutally bored on weekends.

The thing with the coworker, even though it ended poorly because of the circumstances, I did extremely well on the one date we had, and my texting with her seemed very good. I think I’m going to do okay.

The dilemma I’m having, I think Bumble is the site people use now? Lots of coworkers are on there, including the girl referenced above, and I am not sure if this should influence my thinking. 

I have an eharmony account. I haven’t met anybody and all of my messages have gone unanswered. I honestly forgot I had it until now. 

I also need to fund my IRA for 2019. But I agree with you, Strat. I have friends asking if I’m putting more money into the market and I just basically say no, not really. This is ultimately meaningless in the time span I’m looking at and the information imbalance is so huge I don’t even bother doing individual stocks.