I Called In Sick Today

My buddy works for the Wild and can get tickets occasiaonlly. Apparently nobody wanted the tickets to Korn tonight so I might be heading to see them.  I’m sure I know a few of their songs but I certainly couldn’t name them off hand. 

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Napa_Don said:

RATM and RTJ just announced a tour. Coming to Minneapolis May 11. Can’t believe I wouldn’t end up getting tickets. Hopefully it’s at the Xcel center and my buddy can get us free tickets. 

I believe I will be getting tickets to the 5/14 show in KC

I did get equity. I stressed so hard about this, I’m grateful but the situation just sucks. I don’t know if I’m going to be expected to buy any more with my own money.

Things have gotten way healthier with my managers, fortunately initiated by me before I knew about the grant. I decided to just let them take what they want, and I’ll be working to get more management stuff to replace it. If it fails and I unwittingly put a hard ceiling on myself, so what? I was leaving if I stayed on the original game plan. 

• Like 1

I scored RATM/RTJ tickets for KC. It will likely be blondie and I going. She got a black girl booty so I'm hoping I can get a hood pass when the race riot starts. 

I don't know what the riot talk is about. They're a very inclusive, positive energy duo. The race riot line makes no sense. I'm very confused.

I've seen them twice in smaller settings, and they're two of my better recent show experiences. 

11 hours ago, Theraflu said:

I don't know what the riot talk is about. They're a very inclusive, positive energy duo. The race riot line makes no sense. I'm very confused.

I've seen them twice in smaller settings, and they're two of my better recent show experiences. 

You’ve forgotten what a joke looks like?

I should probably pull this thread up on my iPad since I'm so rarely on my desktop anymore. Played poker 4 times in January and have not yet played in February. Work has picked up a bit. Not killing myself with 55-60 hour weeks like last year, but putting in a steady 40-45. Mixed bag of kids per usual. Some are high achievers that put in excellent work...some I can barely get them to write a legible/intelligible sentence.

• Like 1

Korn last night was actually really good, definitely worth the 23 bucks I paid to see them. They still sound great, no Vince Neil disease or anything. For one brief flicker of a moment I was back in 1994. 

• Like 1

I thought I mentioned it but I did end up going to Korn the other night. Not my kinda scene but I agree with Hank that they sounded really good for going on 26 years as a band. Was fun hanging out the buds though. Would definitely go see them for free again. 

• Like 3

Finally lost enough weight to need to go down a rung on my belt, and yesterday I broke out the smaller work pants. Been averaging 1200-1800 calories a day, with a few days off here and there, for 1.5 months. I think my maintenance is about 2200.

So, down about 10 from where I started, and another 25 to get to my ideal (160). Once there, I am going to buy a lot of nice clothes, and start dating.

I feel like my texting judgment is very strong, and on the right website, my ability to write a profile is going to be helpful. Good income, tolerable personality, I don’t know why I can’t find a good one. Maybe I’ll just throw that line directly into the summary, who knows?

Lately, I haven’t been talking to the coworker who sparked all this self-improvement. I am feeling like the experience was a big win, if I do follow through and hit the weight goal. I am not totally over it, I figure that won’t happen until I get out there and meet a few more. 

• Like 1