Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Good, busy. Boys in HS now. Daughter is not far behind. In middle of a constant remodel, so same as always.

How's your giant family doing?

Two in college, 3 at home. (Senior, sophomore, and 8th grade) Everyone is doing well. We just moved (in the same area), but moving is always a pain.

• Like 1

Umm.

I’ve been busy with work, house stuff, depression, and traveling.

Currently trying to figure out how quickly I can get my roommate out of my house while keeping it as cordial as possible. Ideally, he’d be gone before winter but likely won’t be until late spring.

• Like 2

What happened to cause the subtle forcing out? I enjoy being horrified at bad roommate situations.

Turning 36, my metabolism seems to have finally slowed down. The high calorie beers and bourbons appear to be, after fifteen years of maleficent consumption, making their mark on the ole waistline. In a definitely unrelated subplot, I'm in the midst of mild-to-moderate back pain. Pretty excited for this new stage of life where I just feel really old every day.

• Like 2

Nah, he’s a great roommate. That’s why it’s so hard. It’d be easy if he was awful. If anybody sucks as a roommate, it’s me.

I’m just tired of living with somebody and want to live in my house alone because having the space of my basement back will solve all of my problems.

if you guys were curious how I look down 30 pounds because of gallbladder sugery, here it is

to be deleted very soon.

Dammit, Suited. I missed it.

@brvy “lol?”

So, if my roommate moves out his shit is out of my garage and basement. Then I can move my treadmill from my upstairs office down to the basement freeing up that space for an actual guest bed in my office as well as moving my weights from my outside 3 seasons porch to the basement. Because I can’t currently use them in my 3 seasons porch because I use it to do the staining of my wood working projects. But if that’s free I can move some tools into there from my garage and actually finish some projects while freeing up my garage for projects as well. And since all my workout equipment will be inside and easily accessible I’ll be able to workout whenever I want and get skinny and happy and marry a rich heiress and all my problems will be solved.

• Like 1

I really enjoy living alone. I've come to realize that the extra few hundred per month is super worth it.

So you love living alone but the roommate rent cash is worth not living alone?

So you love living alone but the roommate rent cash is worth not living alone?

I read it as he's finally happy to pay out of his own pocket the portion of the monthly nut a roommate would pay in order to enjoy the solitude.

I read it as he's finally happy to pay out of his own pocket the portion of the monthly nut a roommate would pay in order to enjoy the solitude.

Yep. There's always some opportunity cost. I have a guest bed and bath, but you know what, I'd rather just do exactly what I want to do here, at all times.

For as miserable as I probably sound, my life setup is pretty nice, other than being behind schedule for having kids, and living a good distance from the rest of my family. The career could be going better, but that’s always gonna be there. I live in a great area, it’s not far from work, and I do fulfilling work.

• Like 1