I Called In Sick Today

I'm starting to get out and do stuff, which is weird for me. I'm going to TWO concerts this week. I haven't been to a concert in probably 10 years.

Blanco White in Evanston tomorrow and then Trampled by Turtles on Friday night.

I'm really looking forward to the Blanco White concert tomorrow.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to brvys midlife crisis

Speaking of which, holy shit this must seriously be a real thing. My neighbors were our best friends. He has been sober 20 years. One day about a year ago they were over at our house and he had a drink. I rarely bring out alcohol but I have pretty much everything under the sun for when drinking friends come over. I stock most things a bar would have. He asked for something, a long island or whatever. I said, wait, what? Why are you drinking? He says, "I just realized that I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago. I don't have the same issues." I said, "I've always been told it didn't work that way, but whatever. You can obviously have whatever you want, but that makes me nervous dude."

yada yada yada

He's now divorced, his kids hate him, he lost his job about 7 months ago and still isn't even looking for a job, he is living by pulling money out of his 401k and paying the penalty and has been traveling throughout Europe this summer, including 2 separate trips to the Czech republic, Italy, and Costa Rica. He now apparently has an Eastern European girlfriend that he just brought back to Chicago, and still isn't looking for a job. Dude's money is going to run out soon, which will cause the "girlfriend" to leave, and he will end up killing himself.

I never thought I would see anything like this.

financially speaking, one of my uncles is there. his wife and 33 year old daughter do not work, he lost his job years ago (oil industry engineer), and he has been eating the penalty on 401k distributions.

at least the guy in brvy's story got to travel and have a fun girlfriend for a bit. my uncle just got wrecked by parasites.

If you just use them when the pain is at it's worst, you'll be alright. Just avoid taking them on scheduled basis. Add some bourbon for a lil extra kick, make sure your liver is doing it's job. Toss on The Spy, it's pretty good.

Yeah, it was a smaller venue in Chicago too. Amazing show/people. They're from England. They stuck around and took pictures with everyone. The entire band signed my LP. $14/ticket was too good to pass up.