I Called In Sick Today

I mean, I totally stand by what I said and defy anyone implying that mid-August in Iowa is pleasant. Iowa's humidity is ridiculous. If you think 79 for a high DURING THE STATE FAIR is normal, you're nuts. You guys from Nebraska know the truth. This summer has been incredibly mild.

Which is exactly why I cautioned against drawing too many conclusions from this, year one of the Des Moines verses South Florida Real Feel August Statistical Analysis.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Well brvy has all but assured another 2-3 years minimum of daily real feel statistics in August.

Brvy assured a five year statistical analysis back in February. I think by September 2024, we'll have a large enough sample to determine which location is hotter and more humid in August, Iowa or South Florida.

• Like 1

I read there was only one scene that Amazon pushed them into cutting from The Boys. The scene was of Homelander standing on one of the eagles atop the chrysler building jerking off saying "I can do whatever I want" as he shot his jizz over the city. Really hoping they don't get heavy handed with season two due to the popularity.

I've become a bit of a fan of Garth Ennis' work. Read Hellblazer which was great. I read an online run of his comic Crossed that was great too. I've got the first run of The Boys saved to my tablet to start soon which I'm really looking forward too then I'll find Preacher I think...

I'm kinda nervous about Watchmen but I'll give it a fair shot.

Some of Ennis is a bit immature and either it hasn't aged well or I'm just not an angsty teen anymore. Still, i think he's great, particularly paired with Dillon, whose visual style is so comic stripy that it's jarring when paired with the content. Ennis/Dillion is the only version of Punisher I've ever liked

The biggest problem of the watchmen movie, was the timing of when it came out. The original comic was a deconstruction of comic book hero tropes, and was mostly unprecedented when it came out. The movie, however, predates most of the MCU, and comic book movies were far from an established genre let alone the juggernaut they are now. If watchmen came out today, updated for the social media world, as a deconstruction of the MCU style movie, I think it would have been a better, more relevant movie.

Does anyone else think it would be a fcking nightmare to have to manage Strat? I mean, i'm sure he's great at what he does, but I wonder if he will always think he knows more than his boss, or feel he's undervalued and not on the proper path. Strat, thoughts?

It's all of that plus the CEO directly undermining your decisions regarding the manager/subordinate relationship. It's an awful situation all around.

Brvy assured a five year statistical analysis back in February. I think by September 2024, we'll have a large enough sample to determine which location is hotter and more humid in August, Iowa or South Florida.

50 years minimum.

I'm moving my oldest daughter to college on Thursday. We are very close friends and this will not be a fun weekend.