• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I did it. I changed all my bulbs to Hue bulbs. I switched out all my light fixtures for ones that can take bulbs (some were just LED built in) I saw two new in box 3 bulb + switch + hub kits on eBay listed for $100/each so I offered $75 and it was accepted. And then I bought some just the white ambiance bulbs for the bathroom since I’ll never use the color function in there anyways. And then I bought some on prime day.

• Like 1

next you're gonna tell me this ISNT the greatest song ever sung

This is a place where second best will never do. It's ok to want to shine but once you step across that line...

MD/CIO and I had another chat today. He brought up compensation and kind of hemmed and hawed a bit before asking "What number are you thinking?" I replied with "Well, what I'm thinking of is where Rick from Pawn Stars says the first guy to state a number has already lost the negotiation." and looked directly at him stone faced. He hemmed and hawed a few seconds and said I was thinking 100. I said that's kinda what I was thinking too so that's what he's going compensation board with.

• Like 3

Summer has been a bit more relaxed for me. Went on vacation for a week to Atlanta at the beginning of the month. Got to see the Braves at SunTrust for the first time. We also went to Zoo Atlanta and visited with some family and friends.

• Like 1

I haven't been to Atlanta outside the airport to do anything of substance since I was about 13 or 14. I don't really feel a strong pull to even go to Georgia again. I done love the fruit stands, but that isn't Atlanta related. Is Atlanta a cool city? What's it known for? I only know it as the busiest airport in the country. I know nothing other than that.

I haven't been to Atlanta outside the airport to do anything of substance since I was about 13 or 14. I don't really feel a strong pull to even go to Georgia again. I done love the fruit stands, but that isn't Atlanta related. Is Atlanta a cool city? What's it known for? I only know it as the busiest airport in the country. I know nothing other than that.

Besides the Braves and the Zoo, they also have the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, and some other major sports teams (along with hosting a fair number of CFB games). Some decent restaurants and atmosphere too. It's actually rather hilly and wooded for a metro area...which makes for nice parks, walks, and drives. Fair numbers of lakes relatively close too if that's your thing.

Went to Chipotle today for the first time in a year...and I think for the first time ever by myself. There's one really near my work, but I never am very interested. Went to Panda Express initially, but the line was too long (was in a decent hurry), so I looked next door...but they didn't sell pizza by the slice...so Chipotle sort of became the best option. Had a steak burrito. Not too bad...smidge spicier than I remembered. They really are a bit too big though, and I'm not quite sure how to combat the problem of uneven distribution. The last third of my burrito was pretty much only rice.

I still have yet to eat at a Chipotle, even though I have one 3 blocks from my house. I eat at Qdoba/Pancheros a few times a year though, which is basically identical in my head.

• Like 2

I still have yet to eat at a Chipotle, even though I have one 3 blocks from my house. I eat at Qdoba/Pancheros a few times a year though, which is basically identical in my head.

Did you hear that *pop* noise? That was SA's head asploding.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

So great. Well done, Hank.

This is my busiest time of year, and man are we busy. It's been nuts around here since the Dean of Edu was fired. I think I've been at the office from 8-7 eight business days in a row.

When do you guys go to work/get home? What are you commutes like? I have a 14 minute commute.

I’m in the office 9:30 to 4ish typically, sometimes staying later depending on how the day goes. 10-12 minute commute. I work from home a bunch, sometimes work weekends if I want to accomplish something that takes focus.

I made enough of a stink about not having clarity on my career path that apparently deliberations are happening behind the scenes. I have no idea what that means. Day to day, it feels like there’s some small chance of something happening to cause me to snap-quit. I fantasize about it sometimes.

Thera/IE, those are awesome hours. I love that you get off at 1 on Fridays. That would be sweet.

IE, I hope you get clarity soon.

I'm revisiting this in August and we can real feel index compare between liberty city and Des Moines

August 1st. Des Moines high of 81, real feel 84. Brownsville, Florida ( the neighboring town to Liberty City, which didn't come up on accuweather) High of 84, real feel 93, rain with chance of thunderstorms.

My commute is 25 minutes in the morning. 30-50 in the afternoon, depending on when I leave.

Right now I get in around 6:30-7:00 and then leave 4:30-5. But work a half day from home on Fridays. Non-summer hours I leave around 3:30-4. These last few weeks I’ve been working a lot longer hours just because of workload.

I live 15 miles from work.