I Called In Sick Today

Also, does Steve Winwood classify as yacht rock? Cause he's great...but maybe too late in the period and upbeat?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Can't remember my last update about the possible new job but I wouldn't actually be managing anybody for 2-3 years, if at all. Which is fine with me. I don't want to do all the HR stuff required. Had a HR phone screener last Friday and now an in-person this Friday (1 hour with the CFO and COO), granted I already had like a 2 hour interview with the CFO for my old job and he worked with me for a year so he knows what's up but 1 hour still seems pretty short so I think I like my chances. Salary would be at least a 12% bump + bonus of up to 20% (with employees averaging around receiving 15%) so not chump change. I don't know how I could turn that down if they do make an offer.

Nice Naps. Don't wait until Friday, buy yourself some new shoes and a watch to celebrate.

Saxophone is the worst musical instrument.

With that out of the way, this would be up there for familiar sax riffs...

Solid retort but i'm going with Baker Street for longevity and pop culture usage in films and television.

I unironicly love yacht rock but I don't know any artists so hit me with some so I can keep an eye out for them when I'm out record shopping so I become even more insufferable.

Way to go Uncle Hank!

Can't remember my last update about the possible new job but I wouldn't actually be managing anybody for 2-3 years, if at all. Which is fine with me. I don't want to do all the HR stuff required. Had a HR phone screener last Friday and now an in-person this Friday (1 hour with the CFO and COO), granted I already had like a 2 hour interview with the CFO for my old job and he worked with me for a year so he knows what's up but 1 hour still seems pretty short so I think I like my chances. Salary would be at least a 12% bump + bonus of up to 20% (with employees averaging around receiving 15%) so not chump change. I don't know how I could turn that down if they do make an offer.

Kenny Loggins, especially the Loggins and Messina years. Michael McDonald, Christopher Cross, Doobie Bros, Mr. Mister, Toto, and Steely Dan (arguably the pinnacle in terms of crossover out of yacht rock genre).

Go get 'em Tiger!

Also, does Steve Winwood classify as yacht rock? Cause he's great...but maybe too late in the period and upbeat?

And, yes, Steve Winwood. Although Dennis Reynolds considers him "workout music."

• Like 2

We just had this place open up. I'm hopeful to go check it out relatively soon.

https://www.encorebostonharbor.com/

I recently was reading an article about that joint and how expensive it was etc. Last time I went to the Wynn in Vegas is probably the last time I will go. Couldn't get a free drink playing max credits at the bar. Bartender even apologized.

well we know thera ain’t no patriot.

but mcgee is likely right, i think it’s perfect without the mini dials. but i’m a fan. and the strap is nylon, which i like as it is more comfortable than leather or rubber by far.

picture taken while bored to tears during conference call.

Don’t ask me, I only know what I like and think looks good, clean, classy, etc. People on here seem to like it. I see that watch and think the face is too big and that band is god awful. Coordinating a watch band to your shirt just seems so high school.

But if you like it, I’m happy for you. Do you, boo. I make lots of questionable fashion choices that people question Napa can speak to that regarding my sneaker choices

• Like 1

Ronny, what you think of this watch?

D-K5LUBWkAE8YKM.jpg

it would probably look better on an adult's wrist.

I think I'm going to buy a decent watch this summer. What are some good makers with a selection in the 500-1k range?

it would probably look better on an adult's wrist.

jesus. just a swift kick to the obviously below average sized penis.

i was super excited about that shirt watch combo today, obviously. i was. fvckin ronny.

• Like 1

The Seiko presage line is a good option. Relatively easy to find dealers as well.

https://seikousa.com/collections/presage

Did I mention I got this on a brown strap? $2.5k new from a gray dealer.

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/tangente/tangente-neomatik-39-140

It came in the mail a few days ago, looks great, but the hands are not really as blue as they look on the site, except in certain light. I love it nonetheless.

I wore this for almost a year, sold it a month or two ago for a $2.5k loss.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submariner/m116613lb-0005.html

I loved it, but the center links scratched like none other, and it never stopped bothering me. Insurance legit doubled my homeowners, and yet I still worried about where I wore it. The other problem, I didn't go around advertising it, but people at work eventually realized and started talking about it. Not openly rude or anything, but yeah. I have said this a few times before, but the amount of lifestyle spending at my firm is crazy enough that you wouldn't think a watch would register. No shortage of $400k+ houses, $80k+ vehicles, etc. all of which adds up to more than $13k/yr ongoing for probably 50 households at my company.

I anticipated some of the above while considering the purchase at the jeweler, but didn't know how it would feel in practice.

I wore this for almost a year, sold it a month or two ago for a $2.5k loss.

https://www.rolex.co...613lb-0005.html

What was the reason behind selling it for a loss? Don't they hold value? Why not just hang on to it?

What was the reason behind selling it for a loss? Don't they hold value? Why not just hang on to it?

It will hold some value, and I could have held on for it for another few years and sold for basically the same price, assuming the market stays where it is. I don't think it stays where it is, though. We are in a huge bubble for luxury things, Rolex in particular. 2-3 years ago, I could have gotten it for maybe $9k from a dealer, and the resale might have been like $7k.

Best Rolex example:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submariner/m116610lv-0002.html

You probably won't ever see that at a dealer, because:

https://davidsw.com/watches/rolex-watch/submariner/rolex-116610lv-submariner-12/

Just to emphasize, that's $16k for a used stainless steel watch that retails for $9k new.

But anyway, I don't know what the market's gonna do, nobody really does. The only thing we know is that, as of several years ago, they were making 800,000 watches per year. Supply will surely catch up at some point.

Strat, I’m asking this sincerely, and not in a snide way, but do you think that you may have a persecution complex at work? I know you use this place as a venting spot and i’m glad that you do, but it seems like you feel that every move, conversation, purchase, lunch break and crap break you take is judged poorly by most everyone at your firm Either you work at the most incestuous, political, crap show of an office, or maybe you take everything way too serious, severe. I mean, just because you have a persecution complex doesn’t mean your not persecuted.

Although, on some level, I can see where people might talk about a $13k watch while being oblivious to the fact that they drive an $80k car while not noticing yours is $25k.

$400k homes don’t seem like much of an extravagance in your field. I’m guessing Louisville can be pricier than say Georgia. $400k in Nashville gets you just above a shanty, from what i’ve seen on Property Brothers

Any who, are we sure your every move is scrutinized, or maybe are you a tad paranoid? Or a combo platter?

Any who, are we sure your every move is scrutinized, or maybe are you a tad paranoid? Or a combo platter?

It wasn't seen as a negative by anyone that matters, but yeah there were people sneaking glances that I hadn't talked to about it. Nobody was shitty to me about it directly. I am pretty well liked by all but a few dbags, so it really wasn't a big deal, but I didn't like it.

$400k still buys a nice house here in most parts of town. A few years ago, the $400k range was REALLY nice, but we're up like 30% since then.

This neighborhood is not indicative of the whole town (it's a concept development) but this floor plan was $400k in 2016.

https://www.nortonco...onflower-drive/

There is a bunch of political positioning and backstabbing going on, way more than you would expect at a company our size. The problem probably isn't as big as I think it is, it just feels like it because the person in the next rank above me is obviously on the way out, and a lot of people want that chair. I am just bitter about my career feeling like it has stalled out and projecting it on to every situation.

• Like 2