Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I decided not to do the CFA this year, but might sit for June next year. My company wasn't going to pay, and I wasn't going to be able to register for December (in the event that I didn't pass in June) due to project commitments. I crushed the PMP in a pretty minimal amount of time.

• Like 1

I passed in early 2018. There's a lot of material on soft skills and team management that I found useful. I get the impression that people spend a lot of time trying to memorize the PMI processes and documents and such, but I don't use any of that in my job. I treated it like a concepts test and did fine.

I used this to get through the application process. The PMI makes the process sound more difficult and rigorous than it is.

https://edward-designer.com/web/pmp-application-common-mistakes/

• Like 1

I bought myself a tent for backpack camping that I’ll probably never do. Well, they had a 2.5 and 3.5 size and I bought the 3.5 size because the description said they were the same size compressed but the 3.5 is 8 ounces heavier but I figured i can deal with that being not a beta cuck.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but it seems way larger than I thought a tent for backpacking should be. Now I need to settle on a proper backpack that I guess can fit this monstrosity.

I’ve been really good about not making frivolous purchases since cancelling my prime membership but I’ve gone a little hog wild these last few days. Buying some new shoes, blankets, this tent, some in wall cable hider thing for my tv setup, ETC.

Edit: hey Brvy if you and your electrician buddy feel like making a trip I could use some help running some wires (speaker and Ethernet) and adding some outlet boxes to an existing outlet.

And now I’ve bought a backpack, chair, towel, sleeping bag, mattress pad, shoes, a lamp, and probably some other stuff I’m forgetting. Ultimate goal is to work up to an overseas trip to like Iceland or something.

I also bought myself a long flexible drill bit to attempt to run some wires through my walls into my attic. It was all nice knowing you if I end up electrocuting myself or somehow damaging the structural integrity of my house so much it collapses on me.

And now I’ve bought a backpack, chair, towel, sleeping bag, mattress pad, shoes, a lamp, and probably some other stuff I’m forgetting. Ultimate goal is to work up to an overseas trip to like Iceland or something.

I also bought myself a long flexible drill bit to attempt to run some wires through my walls into my attic. It was all nice knowing you if I end up electrocuting myself or somehow damaging the structural integrity of my house so much it collapses on me.

Probably still worth the worse case scenario considering how GD expensive electricians are

I also bought myself a long flexible drill bit to attempt to run some wires through my walls into my attic. It was nice knowing you all if I end up electrocuting myself or somehow damaging the structural integrity of my house so much it collapses on me.

And now I've bought a backpack, chair, towel, sleeping bag, mattress pad, shoes, a lamp, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Ultimate goal is to work up to an overseas trip to like Iceland or something.

Iceland's great. Wish I'd been able to spend more time there. Also, I'm having some of my students read A Walk in the Woods. I was daydreamingly looking through long trails the other day. I've done about half a dozen backpacking trips...always borrowed equipment. I've been on the AT a fair bit. I ponder hiking the Te Araroa, but I have no idea when I'll find the time in the next 18 years.

Greetings fine folks. I have very little to offer. Same old crap around these parts. Looking forward to pool season. We keep getting little “cold” snaps and can’t get the pool temp above 78. It almost hit 80 last weekend, which I would have gotten in on principle

Went back home last weekend, stayed at the beach. Water was gorgeous, got too much sun in a short period of time, had my first alcohol drinks of the year. It’s funny, since i’m a binge drinker, I have less and less urge to drink as I get older. But, i’m still nearly incapable of being out socially without a drink, so there is that.

Once we hit some weight loss goals, maybe i’ll throw back some good summer beers while in the pool. I love summer beers, and pool drinking. We chopped a huge tree, so hopefully the water gets warmer than 83 this year. That ain’t enough for us. 86-87 is the butter zone. You northerners can zip it, before you bitch at me.

• Like 2

love the feeling of sitting in piss temp water

Me too. That’s why I don’t like 98 degree water

You know nothing. You’re an animal that has spent the last 6 months begging for it to be 50 degrees and paying $300 heating bills. Sit this one out

• Like 1

NEVAH LOHST

but if I’m being rationale, I understand you northern folks think 80 is the best. Last week while I was frolicking in the Atlantic, the lifeguard station said the water was 78, and after that first dive in, it was pretty perfect. But our pool has a screen that blocks some of the sun, and 78 degrees is teeth chattering. I know you weirdos swim in lakes and springs that are 72. No thanks. I’m a Floridian now, for better and for worse. We have thin blood

I don’t know what water temps get like up here. I just know I like it warmer than colder. It will probably be Memorial Day before you can really swim here. And by swim I mean anchor the boat, wear a life jacket like a diaper and sit in the water drinking beers. Last year we made it a point to tread water unassisted for 20-30 minutes before we started drinking though, you know, for a workout for the 13 beers I was about to drink.

I can’t drink that much beer anymore. I fall asleep and/or start to have stomach problems. I also have stopped enjoying drinking huge quantities of bourbon, gives me this terrible dry mouth feeling.

I guess the take-home there is to not drink to excess with just one category. Gotta mix and match.

If I’m on the lake I’m drinking like bud light limes or white claws or some shit so it’s super easy to put down a bunch. Especially when I’m not driving. When we go out to breweries and the like I probably end up having 5-6 total and I’m good. Not super drunk but definitely not OK to be driving.

My point being that I’m going to be dead in 10 years if I don’t change my habits.

Because I'm helping my firm's insurance agency do some stuff, I hear funny underwriting stories. One of our clients from Europe had had a few glasses of wine the night before an exam for a life insurance policy. The alcohol was still in their system the next morning, when the testing was done, and I think it was an instant rejection. I forget if we were able to get it done through another carrier. Alcohol features prominently on our standard list of things to warn the client about before the exams, so it wasn't really on us. I don't think the client had a problem or anything, just retired and coming from a culture with heavier drinking habits.

Mostly it's just awkward health stuff that everyone is happy to have partitioned away from the advisor-client relationship.

I just want to reconfirm with everyone that there is a subreddit created for us if this place shuts down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICalledInSickToday/

Just create an alt or something if you guys want to hide your real account.

Dude. I can help, you just have to let me finish my school year. I'm done May 31st/June 1st. My June is super packed with stuff, but I should have July mostly free. If you can wait, I can bring my electrician buddy with me.

Iceland's great. Wish I'd been able to spend more time there. Also, I'm having some of my students read A Walk in the Woods. I was daydreamingly looking through long trails the other day. I've done about half a dozen backpacking trips...always borrowed equipment. I've been on the AT a fair bit. I ponder hiking the Te Araroa, but I have no idea when I'll find the time in the next 18 years.

You find the time by going WITH your kids in the summer.