I Called In Sick Today

For anyone else that's not Napa, unless you're really into film, you can skip The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. I watched it a few years back for the first time...it's slooooow.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgAKzmWmuk

I really enjoy slow character developing movies and I liked TGTBTU. But I understand why people wouldn't like it.

I'm getting a sweet new office at work next week. It's big enough that it has two doors, and it's on the corner of the building, so I have 4 huge windows. I'm bringing a couch in for sure, but I'm also thinking about bringing in my treadmill because I have room and I think I'll work out more if I have it in my office.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I bought a MacBook Air the other day. Feeling like a great call. Abhorrent use of funds, but it is an enjoyable experience. The only thing stopping me from using it as my primary home computer is my tendency to work from home, and I don’t think the keyboard will work for me with all the Excel mileage.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a horrible purchase. But if it brings you joy, that's worth something.

Yeah, that was a horrible purchase. But if it brings you joy, that's worth something.

I know that you can get a surface with similar specs for like $300-$500, but Apple does so many little things right. The screen is amazing, the keyboard's tactile feel with zero profile, etc.

• Like 1

I will admit that Apple's hardware isn't up to the standards implied by what they charge, but it's about the lifestyle. If you're spending all your time jostling for position in some kind of hateful office politics, the last thing you want to do when you get home is dick around getting Linux to work the way you want.

• Like 4

I will admit that Apple's hardware isn't up to the standards implied by what they charge, but it's about the lifestyle. If you're spending all your time jostling for position in some kind of hateful office politics, the last thing you want to do when you get home is dick around getting Linux to work the way you want.

That’s a pretty good description of my last two years or so.

I bought myself a tent for backpack camping that I’ll probably never do. Well, they had a 2.5 and 3.5 size and I bought the 3.5 size because the description said they were the same size compressed but the 3.5 is 8 ounces heavier but I figured i can deal with that being not a beta cuck.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but it seems way larger than I thought a tent for backpacking should be. Now I need to settle on a proper backpack that I guess can fit this monstrosity.

I’ve been really good about not making frivolous purchases since cancelling my prime membership but I’ve gone a little hog wild these last few days. Buying some new shoes, blankets, this tent, some in wall cable hider thing for my tv setup, ETC.

Edit: hey Brvy if you and your electrician buddy feel like making a trip I could use some help running some wires (speaker and Ethernet) and adding some outlet boxes to an existing outlet.

• Like 1

they got my second test back and i somehow rebounded to “normal” testosterone levels and my doctor won’t give me any meds. i do get to test again in 6 months.

so, sadly, my dick will remain limp for the foreseeable future. not that it was getting used anyways.

It really is. But a lot of this stuff has been in my cart for awhile and are far from impulse purchases. The camping stuff I’m justifying by it’s money I would have spent on a hotel/airfare for a vacation but instead I’m getting stuff I can reuse multiple times, assuming I actually use it. I have one trip on the calendar and another in the plans so it won’t be fully unused but I could definitely make do with stuff I have/borrow from friends.

But I also should acknowledge I assume you’re making a joke about hiking in snow and stuff.

• Like 1

I love my hue bulbs. I’ve tried using others but the hue are just so much better color and easier pairing. I bought a 4 set awhile back when it was super on sale and now I’m just waiting for a similar deal or cheap refurbs or something. Can’t justify the $35 new price they come with.

Went to RI, ate all kinds of raw oysters and clams. Come back to Nebraska and instantly get food poisoning. WTF

• Like 1

I love my hue bulbs. I've tried using others but the hue are just so much better color and easier pairing. I bought a 4 set awhile back when it was super on sale and now I'm just waiting for a similar deal or cheap refurbs or something. Can't justify the $35 new price they come with.

your wait is over?

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/this-might-be-the-best-day-to-buy-philips-hue-stuff-e-1833857604?ks=nativestream

• Like 1

Edit: hey Brvy if you and your electrician buddy feel like making a trip I could use some help running some wires (speaker and Ethernet) and adding some outlet boxes to an existing outlet.

I'll talk to him and see when we have a free weekend that lines up.

• Like 1

Went to RI, ate all kinds of raw oysters and clams. Come back to Nebraska and instantly get food poisoning. WTF

lol

That is a seriously relevant and well-timed find. Well done, BigD.

As tonight's NBA season wraps up, I am putting the finishes touches on my 4th (out of a possible 5) basketball fantasy championship in the last three years. +$1300 or so. Been a good run.

• Like 2

Sorry, that deserved a like. I had saw that earlier in the day but the deal went dead. And then when it came back I panicked about how many bulbs to buy because I wasn’t home to count and then I didn’t end up buying any. Good work, Napa.

Essay, news on the job search?

I linkedin’d with a recruiter at a firm in KC and saw that she had linked with six people from my firm. That seems like a yikes for us. Tells me they’re probably trying to staff up a location here.

This KC firm basically vacuumed up a bunch of assets with a strategic partnership and is now using that scale to aggressively take clients/talent from firms like mine. In any region where they have a presence, if you Google any RIA with AUM above a certain mark, this firm will be the #1 ad result. It’s a little scary.

I moved into my office, but I didn't end up having enough room for a treadmill to not seem weird. I like the office though and can't complain.

My boss has been super hands-off lately too, which has been great.

• Like 1