• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I usually do but I’m short on PTO and long on work to do so, alas, I am working. At least ISU doesn’t play until tomorrow night.

Had my annual review this week. Boss is really impressed with my work and how quick I grasp concepts. Said I have a future here if I want it and if I’d like to lead a team in the future we should start working towards that now. Also got the max raise but with it being prorated it’s like an extra $30/check. I’ll take it, I guess.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Going out for a friend’s bday dinner tonight. Should be pretty low key.

Tomorrow night I’m going to a fish fry with a husband and wife friends of mine and some of his coworkers. They’ve been talking about a girl they work that according to them “I could do better” but I told them I’ll be the judge of that and they should invite her out to join us but I don’t know if she’ll be coming or not.

I usually do but I'm short on PTO and long on work to do so, alas, I am working. At least ISU doesn't play until tomorrow night.

Had my annual review this week. Boss is really impressed with my work and how quick I grasp concepts. Said I have a future here if I want it and if I'd like to lead a team in the future we should start working towards that now. Also got the max raise but with it being prorated it's like an extra $30/check. I'll take it, I guess.

Awesome job, Naps.

I'm off until Monday. No way I'm working during the first weekend of the tourney.

I bought a car. For me, it's much more satisfying to get a good deal than drive a nice car.

This weekend I bought a one-owner 2009 Chevy Impala from some lady for $1,000. It had 140k, but I bet it lasts me 5 years or more.

I'm happy with it so far.

One of my bosses doesn't know the word "moot" and always says "mute". It annoys me, but I have yet to correct her. I'm not sure that I will. She's a little "I'm better than you" and I don't really want to get into it about something so stupid.

that's five more citations for you buster.

life continues on, much as it has this past age. i have a second blood test tomorrow to confirm my low t diagnosis, which is, of course, only a formality. i wish they could tell me how long i'd been running on E. probably my whole life.

I bought a car. For me, it's much more satisfying to get a good deal than drive a nice car.

This weekend I bought a one-owner 2009 Chevy Impala from some lady for $1,000. It had 140k, but I bet it lasts me 5 years or more.

I'm happy with it so far.

One of my bosses doesn't know the word "moot" and always says "mute". It annoys me, but I have yet to correct her. I'm not sure that I will. She's a little "I'm better than you" and I don't really want to get into it about something so stupid.

buy yourself some "word of the day" calendars, probably at least a dozen or so different ones to start. Then flip through them 1 by 1 until you find one that contains the word "moot." Then go out and buy about 75-100 more of that calendar. When the date arrives put those things everywhere. In her yard. On top of her car. If there is a specific drive thru she hits for morning coffee, guess what's gonna be waiting for her? Sprinkle them liberally around the office, break room, conference rooms and, of course, the women's toilets (every stall) as well.

Bonus points if you repeat and find another one that contains the word "mute" on a different day and repeat it.

Double bonus points If you can find 2 different calendars that have those words on the same day hit her with both proverbial barrels. That would be glorious.

that's five more citations for you buster.

life continues on, much as it has this past age. i have a second blood test tomorrow to confirm my low t diagnosis, which is, of course, only a formality. i wish they could tell me how long i'd been running on E. probably my whole life.

1. Keep that shit your dumping ground thread of tragically bad taste.

2. By "running on E" do you mean running on Estrogen? Because maybe that is part of the problem with the aforementioned dumping ground. Overcompensating for biologically feminine taste in entertainment.

Not a log going on here. RI for a few months didn't materialize. They're sending a developer lead who has been out there a few times instead. I am going out for a few days next week. Looking for to some decent seafood. Probably end up with bad oysters and spend the whole trip in the can. It has been pretty cool the last few weeks though. I seem to really have the ear of the CIO. He actively seeks my input on a lot of issues and is rearranging meetings so I can be available to sit in. I'm actually kinda looking forward to performance review and raise time this year.

• Like 3

I see a typo of "not a log going on here" and was going to edit to say "lot." However, I have been a bit backed up the last day or two, so I'm going to let it stand.

Speaking of just absolute bad taste in movies, a coworker told me they don't care for Tombstone and much prefer Wyatt Earp. His boss and I had to tell him the long list of reasons he was wrong.

Not to stan for Wyatt Earp, but if Tombstone didn't have a HOF level performance by Val Kilmer, it would be horrible. But, at least it has something memorable about it. Earp is just trash.

• Like 1

Not to stan for Wyatt Earp, but if Tombstone didn't have a HOF level performance by Val Kilmer, it would be horrible. But, at least it has something memorable about it. Earp is just trash.

I would like to remind you of one Powers Boothe sir. I will not have you dishonor his memory by overlooking one of the best delivered lines of all filmdom when he tells Wyatt bye. Tombstone was the Lethal Weapon version of Wyatt's biography. The Costner flick was him trying recapture Oscar glory he had with Dances.

and yes, Val was phenomenal

• Like 1

It has been pretty cool the last few weeks though. I seem to really have the ear of the CIO. He actively seeks my input on a lot of issues and is rearranging meetings so I can be available to sit in. I'm actually kinda looking forward to performance review and raise time this year.

Well done, Hanksters. Any chance of you taking over for him some day?

This is exactly how I feel about Tombstone AND The Dark Knight. I thought TDK was basically trash outside of Heath (and the first 10 minutes).

I wouldn't call Dances glorious, but I get what you're saying

I enjoyed Dances more than I should have. It came out when I was in high school and I had read the book, so I was excited to see it and enjoyed it a lot. It still has good memories for me.