I Called In Sick Today

Sesame street sells a lot of Elmo stuff, too.

But they don't rely on the sales to exist!

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't really understand the point of these lists that compare McDonald's with Umami Burger or something. I think it's just some kind of weird nostalgia trip for people old enough to remember a time back when Five Guys didn't exist and McD's still used beef tallow🔥🔥🔥🔥. McDonald's fries are objective disgusting, and Five Guy's is twice the price🔥🔥🔥🔥. I assume they feel obligated to legitimize themselves by adding the hussied-up millennial options to a list that also pretends that Wendy's fries are edible, so that they can seem populist without it just looking like a list of restaurants that are a poor person's last resort before buckling down and grocery shopping🔥🔥🔥🔥 .

i'm off french fries all together. just had to cut them out completely. which is good because it essentially eliminates all fast food. obviously chipotle and its natural ingredients don't count here.

I am amazed that Strat doesn’t even have mortgage. That’s impressive.

Strat will be even more impressed to know that i now care more about being debt free (minus our modest mortgage) than I do about fun and vacations. We still do stuff and spend, but we mostly just do stuff on the house and rarely travel. Next year we’ll travel. But I have definitely become cheaper and more concerned with my 401k and HSA. Although, we have spend an entire yearly IRA contribution on trimming and removing trees this year at the new house. That was definitely something.

Well, except for spending $230 on new Jordan XI, and $140 on new Jordan 1 South Beach colorway

Nap, my next cop will be the Jordan 3, New York Knicks colorway, being released on 9/7. Told you I was gonna get obsessed. I would rather the black cement 3’s but I ain’t paying $350 on the secondary market. I have my limits.

I haven’t had a single drop of alcohol since 12/29/18 and haven’t had a drop of diet soda since Jan 13th at around 8pm. Life is no longer worth living.

• Like 1

Weirdly, I haven’t bought a pair of shoes in like six months. I start to feel irresponsible anymore knowing I should be spending the money on other things. Also, while my workplace is casual it’s not that casual and I can’t wear Jordan’s and with all the snow and everything it’s hard to want to wear them outside. Not to mention, I don’t really go places that much and then again...snow. Really that’s probably the main reason. I like to wear them, not just collect them like action figures.

There has to be a middle ground, saving/spending, career/life. I haven’t found it. Increasingly unhappy with things, because I’ve spent 24 months watching others who work less than I do, progress much faster than I have, get equity, etc. I have a meeting with my boss next week, where I am looking for a defined bigger role. If I can’t get any concessions, that tips the scale in favor of a full time job search and an exit within a few months.

I told someone on leadership last week, “I’m now awake to the fact that I’ve been excluded from a path to a leadership role, and that has to change in the immediate term.” I never imagined I would get to such a hard line place, but again, the fear would come from a place of being worried about losing what I’ve got. If these are the terms going forward, I’m not going to be here anyway.

Never tried the high end whistlepig stuff. I’m sure it’s great. The 10 year single barrels are fantastic.

Weirdly, I haven’t bought a pair of shoes in like six months. I start to feel irresponsible anymore knowing I should be spending the money on other things. Also, while my workplace is casual it’s not that casual and I can’t wear Jordan’s and with all the snow and everything it’s hard to want to wear them outside. Not to mention, I don’t really go places that much and then again...snow. Really that’s probably the main reason. I like to wear them, not just collect them like action figures.

I’d like to say that I told you that you would want to spend more on the house now. It’s good. It’s a balancing act.

I can wear sneakers on Fridays at work. Also, no snow. Problem is, I don’t like wearing them with dress shorts, and, well, Florida. So it’s most always shorts.

Wait, your sentence about work and shoes you can wear. Major double negative. I’m confused. Can you wear them at work?

I don’t think there’s a double negative there but I should have used some commas. But the point is I can’t wear Jordan’s at work anymore and I don’t dress up enough for work to buy more really nice shoes so I’m kinda stuck. It’s a bummer. But I do remember you telling me that and me disagreeing. You got me, I guess. Priorities change. It’s weird, as I’ve started making more money and actually not needing to watch what I spend that close I’ve done a complete 180 and way more conscious about how much I spend on stuff like eating out and groceries. Like I check the grocery ads for deals on meat and stuff and then stock my deep freeze and I cook a lot more. I also didn’t renew my amazon prime memebership which has helped save a lot on stupid purchases. I’ve done the math and if I really buckled down and didn’t have any unexpected large expenses I could pay off all my student loans and have my retirement fund at where it should be in a little over a year. But I don’t know if I have that type of commitment in me and not to mention all the money I’d like to spend on buying some actual furniture for my house and other projects. It’s all so very stupid and I wish I wasnt so poor.

• Like 2

I’ve been working on part of a model that our COO called “the single most important model that is driving the direction of our company” (LITTLE BIT HYPERBOLIC IMHO) for the past week and a half. My part in it didn’t take that long but I’m needed to update the other part as well as help provide guidance so meetings and revisions have taken probably 80% of my time. We finally presented it late today and I’m tired after having worked 30 hours this week. We’re supposed to get more snow on Friday and even though we have too much of it already I’m hoping I can at least parlay it into a work from home day if we do get it.

Well, they obviously prefer we come in but I don’t think anybody would say anything if I stayed home tomorrow because of snow. Like, if you have a decent reason and no important meetings you cant webex into it’s nbd. Just don’t want to abuse it is all.

I've been working on part of a model that our COO called "the single most important model that is driving the direction of our company" (LITTLE BIT HYPERBOLIC IMHO) for the past week and a half. My part in it didn't take that long but I'm needed to update the other part as well as help provide guidance so meetings and revisions have taken probably 80% of my time. We finally presented it late today and I'm tired after having worked 30 hours this week. We're supposed to get more snow on Friday and even though we have too much of it already I'm hoping I can at least parlay it into a work from home day if we do get it.

I read this last night and was wondering why you were kinda grousing about putting in 30 hours in 4 days until I woke up this morning and realized today was only Thursday. I apologize for calling you a "whiny millennial bitch."

I read this last night and was wondering why you were kinda grousing about putting in 30 hours in 4 days until I woke up this morning and realized today was only Thursday. I apologize for calling you a "whiny millennial bitch."

Well, if the shoe fits.

I legit had to tell myself like 20 times today that it was only Thursday. Even going so far as wondering why there weren’t any new albums in the Spotify new category.

this week seems like it’s gone on forever already and it’s only tuesday. not sure i’ll make it till friday.

i went to the doctor for the first time in 13 years last friday. full physical, bloodwork and all. no results yet, but i’m just sure something is wrong with me. they are testing for low t, which is a given i think.

this week seems like it’s gone on forever already and it’s only tuesday. not sure i’ll make it till friday.

i went to the doctor for the first time in 13 years last friday. full physical, bloodwork and all. no results yet, but i’m just sure something is wrong with me. they are testing for low t, which is a given i think.

I’m sure it’ll be worse than you think. That nothing is wrong with you and you have to be here for another 50-70 years.

I'm sure it'll be worse than you think. That nothing is wrong with you and you have to be here for another 50-70 years.

if there's not something wrong with me then i have a serious problem because i'm just done and that's all she wrote. i'm hoping for some cream and clear and just raging boners that i won't have any use for.

Even if the doctor doesn't think you have low T, you'd 100% benefit from TRT. Everyone over 23 who identifies as male would. It would probably lower the quality of life for local women, but it will raise yours substantially, and that's what America is all about.

• Like 1