• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Was talking to someone the other day about getting their securities license and working on the CFP. The topic came up because she was near my space getting clearance for some other education expense. She is my age, but in a role where she can get away with not doing any of that if she wants.

I tell her, if you don’t do it, it’s always going to dog you here, and it’s really not that tough. She says something to me along the lines of, “I’m not book smart like you.” I asked what her GPA was, and we find out hers was almost a full letter grade higher than mine.

Always fun to tee off on people who just assume I was a good student. Nope, I was a complete jackass, and I regret everything.

Had comments made to me several months ago about the worth of my responsibilities, and how I took a step back when I switched departments. I have been gradually making more and more requests for bigger responsibilities, to the point where I just requested to change my job description to specify project lead on more things, and for a seat on our investment committee.

I’m just building a list of requested (and denied) responsibilities for next review season. If the thought is that I’m not capable, tell me what I have to do to get there. If that isn’t a concern, why am I getting lapped on leadership opportunities? Etc.

I can see the future. The one thing I’ve been given since that review is just a derivative of something I’m already responsible for, so the outlook is logically not good if I roll into the next review season having changed nothing.

I need to be better at doing those kind of things. I’m a little worried I’ve hit “peter principle” limit and it’s all going to come crashing down here any second.

We will see if it was smart on my part. I might just piss off my boss, but I don’t know what else to do. The firm rolled out a new leadership structure 18-24 months ago, and I was given a direct role in none of it. I am basically data request bitch to all the leadership teams, a role for which my salary makes no sense. It’s a bad situation, all allowed to happen by my prior boss and me not recognizing what was crystallizing around me.

I need to be better at doing those kind of things. I'm a little worried I've hit "peter principle" limit and it's all going to come crashing down here any second.

For you, I think it's more impostor syndrome than peter principle.

• Like 2

I would like that twice if I could, Hank.

Naps is way more capable than he knows. Ironically, if he had stayed at a place we worked together (RMG/HRC), he would almost certainly be making 6 figures right now.

I would like that twice if I could, Hank.

Naps is way more capable than he knows. Ironically, if he had stayed at a place we worked together (RMG/HRC), he would almost certainly be making 6 figures right now.

Was he working the blizzard machine?

• Like 1

The trick is to pretend it's broken so you don't have to clean it again before closing.

That sounds more like Jack in the Box shake machine to me. Breaking a blizzard machine is like running out of chicken at KFC. Why the **** even go to DQ at all, if you're not getting 3 pounds of candy ground into a dust and mixed into soft serve?

EDIT: I put Frosty machine in there first instead of blizzard, I'd like to apologize to the fine folks of wendys, who don't even specialize in soft serve yet some how do it better than DQ.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying that to rip on Napa's choices, btw. It's just that he's very smart and seems to underestimate himself. I have no doubt that he would be the controller for HP right now. The current controller was working with us and isn't as smart and doesn't have an accounting degree. He's making 110k right now.

That sounds more like Jack in the Box shake machine to me. Breaking a frosty machine is like running out of chicken at KFC. Why the **** even go to DQ at all, if you're not getting 3 pounds of candy ground into a dust and mixed into soft serve?

Did you hear the discussion about DQ on Dan this week? It was during the episode where they were discussing the top 19 french fries in the US.

I was more making fun of your choices than Napa's, to be clear.

That's a given.

Did you hear the discussion about DQ on Dan this week? It was during the episode where they were discussing the top 19 french fries in the US.

I remember the list, and I remember them referencing DQ, and one of them I think was surprised DQ even had fries. The DQ by my house as a kid didn't serve hot food, and was only open seasonally. I went there before blizzards were a thing. Shout out to orange stars and strawberry sodas. DQ got Elmo'd when they introduced the blizzard imo.

I don't know what that means, but DQ might not exist today without the introduction of the blizzard.

https://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/01/business/dairy-queen-s-blizzard-is-hot.html

It's something like 25 or 30% of their total sales worldwide.

I wasn't saying that to rip on Napa's choices, btw. It's just that he's very smart and seems to underestimate himself. I have no doubt that he would be the controller for HP right now. The current controller was working with us and isn't as smart and doesn't have an accounting degree. He's making 110k right now.

I...didn’t know I could do that.

Also, you’re all very generous with the compliments but I promise you I don’t think I’m doing a very good job here so far and I bet my review next week will show it.