I Called In Sick Today

I suppose I need to refresh my take. You can only beat the competition you face. I don't see people taking anything away from Bill Russell just because he dominated an era where the Celtics were the only team with two black players.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The drunk people who showed up for his execution were a great modern example of one of the topics Dan Carlin covered in his history podcast - the painfotainment episode.

No doubt the guy was great at his craft. The stuff about planting irrelevant evidence at crime scenes. Yikes. Easy to be made to look stupid when you’re up against that.

• Like 1

I think this is a cool car that I wish I could justify buying unless Dutch and BigD tells me it sucks and anybody who would buy it sucks and has no taste then lol I only posted it t make fun of it with some of my best friends (of which SA is my bestest).

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/minneapolis-1991-bmw-3-series-2dr/6814957750.html

Just realized it’s an automatic. That makes me less interested.

i like it, but i’d rather see us invest in a motorcycle than this. same usage rates, but i feel like a hog could really be something. i’m gonna get one someday, probably not long after i own a home and have garage space for it.

i’m thinking about getting a new car this year too. looking at the mercedes this time. i like what they’ve been doing and the bmw model for 2019 is exactly the same as mine so it’s not really sexy to get the same car just four years newer.

Already got the motorcycle player. I would love to get a nicer one but I don’t ride enough to justify it. Although maybe if i had a nicer one I would...and my new office has a locker room which makes riding to work a lot more doable since id have a place to store my gear without having to carry it through the office like a douche and possibly shower since it can get hot and sweaty under the gear. It’s a lot of work, tbh, but can you put a price on looking badass?

• Like 1

Re: motorcycles:

I grew up riding dirt bikes, and have had duel sports on and off most of my adult life. I even very briefly had an S1000RR. I was just thinking the other day how much I miss riding. I think the worst thing about having people in my life who love me and care about me is the pressure they put on me to take care of myself.

that’s what’s nice about my life, no one cares if i live or die.

for my motorcycle, i just wanna look cool. leather jacket, or maybe just leather vest, sunglasses. but no helmet. you don’t look cool in a helmet.

I was going to get a little bit personal and make fun of the idea of a weekend warrior lawyer dressed up in a Harley-branded gimp suit thinking that people see this as cool. But I don't really need too, because literally no one looks cool on a bike. The only times I see someone on a bike and am impressed are when they are just in their regular street clothes instead of a Halloween costume. But even then, I remember how painful skin grafts are supposed to be, and go back to thinking they are stupid for not wearing a costume. Do it because it's fun. Anyone who thinks you're cool because of it is beyond lame himself. This isn't 1953, you will look like some combination of a poser and a sex slave.

I will say, I'm kind of with you on the helmet, insofar as I don't think I'd want to survive a motorcycle accident. If I'm going fast enough that a bump to the head might kill me, I'd rather it just did, so I don't have to deal with a life of gravel embedded in my skin.

Yeah I found out super quick that random chicks don’t just come up to you because they see you on a motorcycle. You know who does? Other dudes. So many dudes want to talk bikes and make plans to go riding when they find out you have a bike.

I was going to get a little bit personal and make fun of the idea of a weekend warrior lawyer dressed up in a Harley-branded gimp suit thinking that people see this as cool. But I don't really need too, because literally no one looks cool on a bike. The only times I see someone on a bike and am impressed are when they are just in their regular street clothes instead of a Halloween costume. But even then, I remember how painful skin grafts are supposed to be, and go back to thinking they are stupid for not wearing a costume. Do it because it's fun. Anyone who thinks you're cool because of it is beyond lame himself. This isn't 1953, you will look like some combination of a poser and a sex slave.

I will say, I'm kind of with you on the helmet, insofar as I don't think I'd want to survive a motorcycle accident. If I'm going fast enough that a bump to the head might kill me, I'd rather it just did, so I don't have to deal with a life of gravel embedded in my skin.

tenor.gif

It would be really interesting to live in the south. I can't imagine riding a motorcycle in February.