• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yep, it's about what I thought.

those posts show as 21 minutes apart. somethings not adding up here mcgee.

went into the office this morning to get some stuff done. if i don’t get a promotion on tuesday that’lol be the last time going in on a sunday, that’s for sure.

those posts show as 21 minutes apart. somethings not adding up here mcgee.

21 minutes was all it took for me to decide that I had seen enough, and that my read on it was solid. I made it to the Dorthy in the wizard of oz at the bamboo lounge scene.

I don’t recall that scene, but I’ll take your word for it.

And while I would never admit defeat, and I’m not doing that here, I had to return those sneakers. I didn’t like the way they fit.

Snow day here so worked m from home. About 4-5” of snow which is a lot to clear from my parking area by hand. I need a snowblower. Still sick, probably bronchitis or some shit. Just an awful cough.

Upgraded my internet to 1gig for an extra $5/month. Cleaned my house some. Big day around here.

• Like 1

stay warm my friend. weather man says we got a serious arctic blast coming your way.

internet packages could be a total scam if you think about it. do we really have any idea what it costs for any of this shit? what i pay for cable and internet plus phone is probably equal to the current GDP of venezuela.

Oh it’s a total sham. Not even 6 months ago 1 gig cost $85/month which is why I opted for 100mb because the 40mb was still $45. And with the bonus it was like an extra $20/yr over 3 years so it was a no brainer. Now all of a sudden 1gig is $65? And they’re throwing in a free modem and install. Not sure why I need an install since I already have fiber but whatever. Makes no sense.

By the way, it was nice knowing you southerners. We northerners are probably all going to die by Wednesday night.

No, you're a valued and unique employee who can't be replaced for cheaper.

i agree.

i rushed home to watch KU play like this? not acceptable fellas, we need to beat these longhorns.

My department has grown due to acquisitions so we're shaking up the org structure. Two people who currently report to my boss are going to start reporting to me next week. Apparently, when informed one of them said "I'll probably be looking for a new job."

Yessiree, with that attitude you most likely will and I'll help make sure you have plenty of free time to do so, bucko.

• Like 1

Congrats, dude. That's awesome. (except the not worth it part)

I'm expecting another big raise this Spring, and then a leveling off that might continue indefinitely.

So I'm the head of my department now at my workplace, and I'm in charge of two different areas. One I report to my regular boss. The other I report directly to my president. Before Christmas break, I was getting quotes for something company-wide (which is part of my job under the president). I had several sales guys in to give me their pitch. One of those guys connected with my regular boss (a woman) because he was good looking and had the same last name as her.

Well, I've been busy and haven't had time to compare quotes and get things moving again. So this sales guy got ahold of my regular boss. She then sends out an email to her secretary and CC's me to tell the secretary to get ahold of the sales guy and apologize that I hadn't gotten back to him. She doesn't say anything to me, just cc's me.

I think my response email might get me in hot water. We will see.

• Like 2

So I'm the head of my department now at my workplace, and I'm in charge of two different areas. One I report to my regular boss. The other I report directly to my president. Before Christmas break, I was getting quotes for something company-wide (which is part of my job under the president). I had several sales guys in to give me their pitch. One of those guys connected with my regular boss (a woman) because he was good looking and had the same last name as her.

Well, I've been busy and haven't had time to compare quotes and get things moving again. So this sales guy got ahold of my regular boss. She then sends out an email to her secretary and CC's me to tell the secretary to get ahold of the sales guy and apologize that I hadn't gotten back to him. She doesn't say anything to me, just cc's me.

I think my response email might get me in hot water. We will see.

Please post your response here, thx

i thought you were a teacher

I am for the role that doesn't report to the president.