I Called In Sick Today

Wait. What?

DID I STUTTER?!

Finally got some Christmas lights up. Some netting on my bushes, lights around my bay window and icicle lights along the front gutters. I’ve got old timey hanging patio lights in the back of the house.

I recently got a record player. Mostly for astethic and cred reasons.

Giving serious consideration to adopting a cat for some gd reason.

I will never log off.

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Still here and still 29% queer.

Waiting for essay’s Vegas trip report

Having some friends over for dinner on Sunday. Gonna be about 10-11 adults and probably 3-5 kids. That should be a shit show. I have one tray of lasagna in the freezer that I made three weeks ago, and i’m making another one. Likely gonna make some meatballs too, maybe boil some spaghetti. Gotta have options. Small cheese plate, salami, some pickles and olives, maybe my cream cheese and olive mix in celery, an Olive Garden type salad and also making a tiramisu for dessert. I tend to go overboard

Then we are hosting Christmas dinner for the wife’s family, which I guess is also my family. 11 adults total. Her sister is bringing a ham and green bean casserole or sorts. I am making homemade Mac n cheese, as I didn’t want to do mashed potatoes this year, sausage stuffing, buttered carrots and am ghetto smoking an 18.5lb turkey. I’m most worried about that. I have a 22” Weber kettle. I’m setting up to coals in the snake method (YouTube it) and having some soaked wood chunks on top for the smoke. I’m brining it for 24 hours and then starting the cook by 6am at the latest. Dinner is 3pm so that gives me 9 hours. It should be interesting. Same pre-dinner snacks as the other party.

Sharp cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack and some Parmesan will be the cheeses in the Mac n cheese. Buttered Parmesan panko bread crumbs tor the topping Going lazy on this dessert and making cake balls. Someone else can bring a damn pie.

Gonna be a lot of work but I look forward to the challenge. During and after, i’m sure i’ll be all “whyyyyy”

Doing a pub crawl after work Friday. Tons of bars and breweries in our downtown area. I know only three of the guys, and I haven’t been into drinking at all lately, so i’m likely to duck out early.

Got a lot of yardwork on Saturday to get the house they way we want for people to see it. Landscape design stuff, planting plants, mulching areas. Fun. High of 62 on Saturday. I better bundle up.

That’s all I got. Still here.

• Like 1

My aunt and uncle are feuding so they canceled coming down for Christmas so now it's just me and the old man. We're gonna do Jewish Christmas and go to a Chinese joint for dinner on the 24th. Then I'll drive to do Xmas day dinner with blondie, the kids, and her folks. Got out of cooking all the way around for both Thanksgiving and Xmas this year.

9a63f45c4dd49d54727e1badee56-in-todays-society-whats-the-median-of-success-moral-values-no-or-money-yes.jpg

I actually enjoy cooking, so that would make me a little sad. But every now and then it's nice to have a break.

Mex, what are your recipes for Lasagna and Mac & Cheese?

Oh I tend to enjoy it too. However, for the first 5 of the last 10 years I've been cooking for both T-Day and Xmas. The last 5 has just been one or the other. The topping on the cake this year is that I'm just way behind on everything so having to spruce up the house, drag out the decorations, do the menu planning (I have to put out some vegetarian options), pull out the nice china and silver to clean it up, and both gift and grocery shopping etc would've been hastily thrown together at best.

I actually enjoy cooking, so that would make me a little sad. But every now and then it's nice to have a break.

Good lasagna is a pain in the ass because the sauce takes so long. I've been binging the great brittish bake off and now I kinda want to learn how to make the noodles property. I have some hot series 8 takes if anyone is interested.

I too enjoy cooking. My partner has been strictly enforcing these sorts of gender roles, so I'm mostly only allowed to BBQ and do weird pickle stuff, but I've been branching out and dipping my toe into more feminine things lately, like side dishes.

I'm doing smoked brisket for Christmas. I did smoked brisket for Thanksgiving too, but this time there are no plans for a turkey, and the brisket is going to show the world that simple ingredients like salt, pepper and a five-figure cooker, when used properly, are all you need for the perfect meat.

• Like 1

Lasagna is:

Sauté up an onion and red pepper. At the end, add in some diced fresh garlic and some crushed red pepper. Add a few cans of crushed tomatoes. You can also cheat by doing a jar of prego and some crushed tomatoes. Add Italian seasoning, light salt, pepper, and a little sugar (to cut the acid). Cook that down for hours, or if you’re looking for fast, add tomato paste to tighten it up. Add 2 tablespoons of butter in the sauce and stir it in as it melts.

For my meat sauce, I do the same thing, except I also sauté ground beef 80/20 and some ground mild Italian sausage.

In certain circumstances, for just red sauce, i’ll Take a small pork butt, sear it off a little, and then add it back in to cook for the 5+ hours I cook the sauce down. It makes it more rich. Bonus, you have Italian pulled pork at the end. Or cook meatballs in it.

Ricotta ‘mixture is one egg per pound of ricotta, s&p, garlic powder,fresh parsley, mix it all up.

I use noodles you don’t have to boil. Put it together, boom

• Like 2

Mac n cheese is standard beschemel, seasoned with nutmeg, s&p, touch of cayenne and ground mustard. Add in required cheese, 50% cheddar, 25% gruyere or Swiss and 25% pepper jack. Also a little Parmesan. Fold in macaroni elbows. Put into baking disk, cover with more shredded cheese (hand shred all of your own cheese, don’t buy pre shredded) and cover with panko bread crumbs that have been tossed in butter and Parmesan. Bake 40 minutes on 375 or so.

• Like 2

So I guess I came close to dying or being paralyzed on Wednesday. Was stopped in a line of cars at a light. Got smashed into with the other car going probably 35-40mph. Pushed me into the car in front of me too. The one that hit me and my car are totaled. Fractured my C2. They put a neck brace on me that I'll have to wear constantly until they tell me I can take it off. Fortunately no one else seemed to really be hurt. I also didn't have anyone else in the car, so that's good. Gonna result in a whole bunch of stuff to deal with over the coming months, I guess.

I want to get my parents several different cheeses (I have limitless possibilities being from Wisconsin) for snacking on. Any thoughts on types from anyone?

I want to get my parents several different cheeses (I have limitless possibilities being from Wisconsin) for snacking on. Any thoughts on types from anyone?

Nope, sorry.

Although I’ve decided if I do get a cat he or she will be named mozzarella (mozzie) or monchango (Monty) so my pets will be named Mack & Cheese. Dutch can you weigh in on this for me?Should I get a cat?

Glad you're not dead and stuff. You're gonna sue the other party until they're dead right? If only we had a decent lawyer around here....

• Like 1

Glad you're not dead and stuff. You're gonna sue the other party until they're dead right? If only we had a decent lawyer around here....

To the extent of the insurance. It is not my intention to ruin someone's life or their family.

Funnily, I hired an old FCPer to represent me.

• Like 1

Hey, Co, what are you going to do about replacing that car? I don't know if 4-doors is negotiable for you, but I think this car might suit you: https://miami.craigs...6766374296.html

I gave away the BMW years ago when I started needing to transport the chillen. Was the Odyssey that got totaled...probably going to get into a newer one of those.

Hey, Co, what are you going to do about replacing that car? I don't know if 4-doors is negotiable for you, but I think this car might suit you: https://miami.craigs...6766374296.html

You have a good memory, Dutch.

You hired CaneBrain? That's hilarious if true.

• Like 1

I did not. He lives up in Philly now, and I'm not sure he's ever practiced personal injury law.

Now you’ve got me curious

Also, wonder if essay died in a horrible chipotle situation