I Called In Sick Today

Steve King has said as much that he want us to remain, and grow much more as, a white nation. Don't know how you can deny that as being just "tin-foil hatty", especially when he keeps a confederate flag on his desk. To steal from Andrew Gillum, "i'm not saying Steve King is a racist, but the racists believe he's a racist". (Although I am saying he's a racist).

And also, having spent the first 18 years of my life in prime Steve King country I can say without reservation that lots and lots of people there are wildly and openly racist.

I agree with most of this. There are a ton of racists in northwest Iowa. I'm just not willing to say he's something because of people he's been around.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Oh, I missed the "Democrats are the real racists" edit. I don't go into the politics thread very much anymore, so it's easy for me to forget what a lunatic you are, Brvy.

I didn't say this at all. I don't think Democrats are racists for being in the same room with or even hugging Farrakhan. Remember, I'm the one that said the same situation with Steve King was potentially being unjustly pushed as racism.

I also think it was tone-deaf of him to have a Confederate flag among all of his other flags; when he has gone on record saying that he is proud that his Union family fought for the north and helped end slavery. I'm glad that he has since removed it. I definitely don't think he has been wise in all of his decisions. But that doesn't make him someone that hates people of color. (in and of itself)

In other news...I was speed swiping on tinder last night and accidentally liked my boss. After panicking for about 30 minutes and paying the $10 for tinder plus to try and unlike it (which fvkcing didn’t work) I just deleted my account. So, unless she was also swiping at that time it’s unlikely she even saw my profile and we didn’t match before I deleted so she definitely didnt swipe right.

• Like 4

In other news...I was speed swiping on tinder last night and accidentally liked my boss. After panicking for about 30 minutes and paying the $10 for tinder plus to try and unlike it (which fvkcing didn't work) I just deleted my account. So, unless she was also swiping at that time it's unlikely she even saw my profile and we didn't match before I deleted so she definitely didnt swipe right.

This is the funniest thing to happen to one of us in awhile. This is your new boss, correct? I forget if you've already started your new job, but I assume you have. Are you liking it?

This is the funniest thing to happen to one of us in awhile. This is your new boss, correct? I forget if you've already started your new job, but I assume you have. Are you liking it?

Yep, this is new boss. My old boss was a 60 year old married dude so it would have been a whole different reaction had I saw him on my tinder.

You should not have deleted it, you should have played it off as a joke at work the next day and talked about how funny it was to see her on the app.

This is an incorrect take. Nothing good could come of this. Maybe in the future when one of us is quitting I’ll being it up over beers but not before then.

i don’t see the issue. if you swiped yes and didn’t match then there’s no worry. either she swiped no already or will later and won’t ever know, or she’ll swipe yes later and it’s fvcky fvcky time.

i don’t see the issue. if you swiped yes and didn’t match then there’s no worry. either she swiped no already or will later and won’t ever know, or she’ll swipe yes later and it’s fvcky fvcky time.

The only real danger was if she had also accidentally swiped right or for some reason before we met and we matched and then having to deal with that. Just not worth it.

The only real danger was if she had also accidentally swiped right or for some reason before we met and we matched and then having to deal with that. Just not worth it.

Oh. I am way out of the Tinder loop. This makes it seem like less of a big deal. On Facebook, you get a notification, with name, immediately. You're making it seem like you don't really see who "likes" you until you also like them.

I’m sure extremely not racist Steve King and his extremely not racist supporters were being literal here because if there’s one thing NW Iowa is known for its for having to import literal dirt from Mexico and California and whole lot of other places in order to grow jalapeño peppers, a vegetable commonly associated with Mexican food and culture.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/416091-conservative-magazine-posts-recording-of-king-using-derogatory-language?amp&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2

I'm sure extremely not racist Steve King and his extremely not racist supporters were being literal here because if there's one thing NW Iowa is known for its for having to import literal dirt from Mexico and California and whole lot of other places in order to grow jalapeño peppers, a vegetable commonly associated with Mexican food and culture.

https://thehill.com/...impression=true

Hey, I didn't say he wasn't racist. Just that that particular thing (endorsing someone who said something racist in the past) doesn't make someone a racist.

Hey, I didn't say he wasn't racist. Just that that particular thing (endorsing someone who said something racist in the past) doesn't make someone a racist.

Meh. I don't mind the ultra-conservative part of Iowa having an ultra-conservative rep. That sounds perfect to me. The other three districts in Iowa all went blue, so it feels like a stretch to rip on Iowa for not 100% agreeing with everything Dems say and do. I mean, if he was an actual white supremacist, like the Huffington Post, Mother Jones, NY TImes, and others are pushing, then I would agree with you. But he's not. He is just opposed to same-sex marriage and is tin-foil hatty when it comes to Soros. And that's enough to label him a Nazi these days. I mean, he's not smart for giving interviews to newspapers without vetting them or endorsing people that have racism in their past, but if the only complaint against a guy are for people he is in the same room with, then every politician is in trouble, starting with every single Democrat that has ever taken a picture with Louis Farrakhan, a racist far worse than anyone with any ties to Steve King.

• Like 2

Lol I won’t pile on because I truly love Brvy more than most of my own family but yes.

OK can’t help myself...no one was saying he was racist solely because he met with racist news orgs (although it’s a pretty compelling argument!) but more so that mixed with the years of RECEIPTS :drops a scroll that unravels for a cartoonishly amount of time:

• Like 2