Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I am in the house. Might need to bring my lawyer in because these ****s apparently didn’t get the city to sign off on a few things before closing and I refuse to be held responsible.

Nah, it’s good. House is in good condition and some of the appliances are new and I have a warranty and I found out today they replaced the old connection to the water main a few years ago so that’s a relief. My buddy just had to have his replaced because it was old clay tile and roots had grown into it and he was able to find some old guy to do it for $3k cash. My house is a similar age with a big maple tree in front so I assumed it’d be any day now for this house.

• Like 1

I am in the house. Might need to bring my lawyer in because these ****s apparently didn't get the city to sign off on a few things before closing and I refuse to be held responsible.

you let me loose on them and it will be a bloodbath. We're Lawyers!

We%27re_lawyers%21.jpg

When is Ribfest?

i'll bet napa is gonna have so many awesome bbq's in this house. that's the american dream fellas.

Drama. I was blowing off steam with my mentor a few days ago, he’s like 37 or something and top 3 in management I would say. He said something along the lines of, hopefully you are ok with me not keeping info pertinent to the firm from these conversations private, if management needs to know. I told him I didn’t know what I said that was controversial... so, go ahead.

The next day, in my 1:1 with my boss, she says “[mentor] talked to me and said you were complaining about me.” It prompted a candid conversation that wasn’t bad at all, believe it or not.

Today, my (now former) mentor approaches my girlfriend and asks how I’m doing, if I’m mad at him because he said some tough things to me in our conversation the other day. She knew what had happened, and was wise to the game he was trying to play, and basically said “I don’t know that he’s mad at you, but it’s none of my business.” I had not interacted with him at all since our chat (or since the 1:1), partially because he had taken a day off. The only contact was, our chat got cut short, and I texted to see if he wanted to sit down over lunch, to which he didn’t respond.

Long story short, I think he just wanted to tell me I was being unprofessional—and hey, that’s probably valid criticism!—but he picked basically the most damaging way to relay the message. It’s such a low stakes scenario from his perspective (because I truly am a nobody at this company) that I would honestly consider it a blessing if the situation just went away without further games being played. Obviously this was all way out of character for him, kinda took me by surprise.

what a douchebag that guy is. everyone complains about their boss to someone, but to rat you out like that instead of just understanding you're blowing off some steam - wow, guy should be kicked in the nuts. that's why i vent here. you can't trust anyone at work.

• Like 1

That truly is horrible. I might never talk to that dude again.

Before he approached my girlfriend, I was semi-worried about the situation, thinking I had totally alienated him. It tells me it was a little bit of a charade, with him expecting me to blow a gasket, so he could use the moment to tell me to watch my professionalism. But yeah, I have had several conversations with coworkers that I clearly shouldn’t be having. It’s a problem that goes with not having any local friends.

In truth, I like the guy. I know he’s advocated for me infinite times. I would be making a lot less per year if not for what he did previously. I am not going to hold this against him, it just changes the kinds of conversations we can have going forward.

In what context does he even know your girlfriend? And why was he talking to her without you being there? I'm so confused by your life, Strat.

In what context does he even know your girlfriend? And why was he talking to her without you being there? I'm so confused by your life, Strat.

My girlfriend and I work at the same company. I forget that I haven’t mentioned that recently. He knew that I probably had vented to her of course, and was leveraging his position in the company a little.

I must have just missed the previous explanation. I apologize for being out of the loop. That makes more sense though. I had no idea that she worked for your company.

I will speak poorly about my boss's decisions to my other boss at times, but I fully trust that they won't say anything. I would immediately be completely standoffish if that trust was broken.

you should have sex with his wife.

Better yet, it seems like this creep is all over Strat's GF. I say have her show up at his house, have sex with him, take a roofie, tell the police she doesn't remember what happened, and let the rape kit resolve this little matter of office politics.

• Like 7

I’m terrified of his wife. She’s cute, but she’s also even more driven in her career than he is (and you don’t get to be #3 at age 37 without being a ****ing beast). I feel like her threshold for stabbing a person is pretty low, just based on how serious she is.

• Like 1

I’m terrified of his wife. She’s cute, but she’s also even more driven in her career than he is (and you don’t get to be #3 at age 37 without being a ****ing beast). I feel like her threshold for stabbing a person is pretty low, just based on how serious she is.

Now I kind of want to sleep with her too.

• Like 2

I must have just missed the previous explanation. I apologize for being out of the loop. That makes more sense though. I had no idea that she worked for your company.

I will speak poorly about my boss's decisions to my other boss at times, but I fully trust that they won't say anything. I would immediately be completely standoffish if that trust was broken.

I’m taking it as a tough love moment. Based on the fact pattern, that makes total sense to me. I talk a big game, but I honestly don’t want to go to war if it can be avoided.