Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

For brv, a good thread on Alexander the Great in the Bible. Love this subreddit.

So I ended up getting a second sous vide. My girlfriend likes extremely brown steak and I do not, and we just argue about it. It was on sale yesterday, and it’s only money, right?

• Like 2

Alexander the great. I mean this guy. Really? Guy inherited his army, beat up on a bunch of third rate powers, built zero infrastructure and then his so called empire collapsed the moment that he drank himself to death. Do it against Rome, Alexander the Greatly Overrated

• Like 5

I super love this sectional

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/jollene-113-2-pc.-sectional-created-for-macys?ID=4381200&CategoryID=35319

But if I got an eames I think I would just get the sofa only version of it. It goes on sale for <$1k pretty often which seems like a really good price for a nice couch like that.

But, again, I'm not sure how it would fit and plus the whole probably going to be laid off thing. Don't need to be buying new furniture just yet.

i always forget that you have friends and would actually need seating for other people. that is a nice sectional, but i feel like you can get something just as nice for less at NFM.

back in the 90s, probably around 6th or 7th grade, i got my first cologne. it was the michael jordan cologne and it had a masculine and very sexual smell. i found a seller on eBay purportedly with unopened boxes of the stuff and it was only 11.50 for 3.4 ounces. i took a chance, half expecting to get a used bottle full of water, but it arrived today and it's the uncut pure stuff. takes me right back to a time when i was afraid to talk to girls, but still wanted to smell fresh to death.

back in the 90s, probably around 6th or 7th grade, i got my first cologne. it was the michael jordan cologne and it had a masculine and very sexual smell. i found a seller on eBay purportedly with unopened boxes of the stuff and it was only 11.50 for 3.4 ounces. i took a chance, half expecting to get a used bottle full of water, but it arrived today and it's the uncut pure stuff. takes me right back to a time when i was afraid to talk to girls, but still wanted to smell fresh to death.

So it took you back to an hour?

• Like 3

hank i'm no longer scared to talk to girls, i just know it's a fruitless endeavor. keep up.

lunch meeting today and then i'm (hopefully) dipping out early to start my weekend.

napa, what's going on with the house? is it official yet? we signed anything?

Got then final approval and closing documents earlier this week. I’ll wire the closing money next Monday and then we close Thursday AM and I take immediate possession. My family is bringing the stuff I have in storage in Iowa that Friday so I’m going to wait to move some bigger things from my current place rather than trying to do it myself that Thursday.

• Like 3

My girlfriend is almost done setting up her place. I offered to have it cleaned or painted, but she opted to basically lean on a bunch of her friends for help. I am sure I’ll catch a bunch of shit about it, but I don’t want to paint or clean or do any of that shit.

More and more, I just throw money at things I don’t want to do. Her and her friends don’t value their time at all apparently. We are not poor college kids anymore.

• Like 1

I was going to pay my friends little brother to help me move but he’s actually closing on a house himself the day before me and is no longer available. I looked at hiring actual movers but it was way more than I was willing to pay.

But, yes, I verbally agree with throwing money at problems to just be done with them.

That said I still have trouble getting over the poverty mindset and don’t do it as often as I should.

Edit: a lot of it is value. I don’t mind paying if the value is there to me. I understand when people say you don’t value your time properly but I think that that’s really only true if you’re already operating at peak capacity. It’s not as if I could just work more hours so it’s not an actual dollar value. And I spend so much of my free time doing nothing productive (like watching Bojack again for then 10th time) so spending a few hours loading and unloading my stuff or painting the bedroom isn’t a big deal. Sure I could spend that time doing programming exercises instead but also that could just be the other 40 hours I waste watching tv that week. Plus, some of this stuff I actually like doing. Like, I’m really looking forward to redoing my kitchen when I get a new job. I’ve already picked out most of the materials and color schemes and everything. I just don’t want to drop the money on a superficial upgrade when I might be jobless in a few months.

But also i won’t be asking any friends for help but might accept it if they offer to help with something specifically. With the exception of Brvy who is bound and determined to help me with anything, of course. Now almost all of my friends have said to give them a call if I need help moving or anything but I know I don’t have that much stuff and if I ask them for help they’ll ask for my help when they move and they’ll for sure have way more stuff. And I hate moving.

• Like 1

Female coworker texts me tonight, “I’m drinking and felt like I needed to tell you, I’m getting a divorce.”

If anyone needs any extra drama, let me know, I can hook you up with all this shit coalescing around me for no reason at all. I never encouraged or showed any interest in this person whatsoever.

• Like 4