• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The verdict is everything went fine because everything not going fine costs every person involved (except Napa).

Closing is just a surreal feeling. Eight people around a table, watching you, willing you to sign away the next 30 years of paychecks.

House is mostly done and great. Lots of yard stuff to do. Mowing this thing is a bitch. If I didn’t need the exercise, i’d Get a ride mower

Step son is fine, has had the same job for 3 years and been out of the house for at least two. He’s turned it around

Dogs are fun. Life is simple

Headed to West Palm next weekend for a quick getaway. I will worry too much about the dogs and hopefully not drink to excess. Hoping to get some good beach weather on Saturday and hoping there aren’t sea lice, jellyfish or anything else nightmarish in the water.

Napa, the appraisal will come in. Both of ours laughingly came in right on the number or with a $500 cushion. It’s rigged

• Like 3

Napa, the appraisal will come in. Both of ours laughingly came in right on the number or with a $500 cushion. It’s rigged

Just got the report and this is exactly what happened. $500 above purchase price. Now i'm not 100% sure what still needs to be done but it sure seems like we shouldn't be hitting any issues.

• Like 2

Just got the report and this is exactly what happened. $500 above purchase price. Now i'm not 100% sure what still needs to be done but it sure seems like we shouldn't be hitting any issues.

You're getting an inspection right? Not an appraisal but the guy that makes sure you aren't buying a money pit, or that if you are buying a money pit you're doing so knowingly.

And now I will recap my weekend:

Friday night, my roommates and I took their boat out to the lake and drank some beers and hung out in the water some. We didn't get out there until it was like 7 or so so it was cooling off and a fair bit of cloud cover but the water still felt good. The dogs also had fun swimming around, as usual. Mack is a big fan of swimming around and making sure we're all safe before going to the back of the boat and putting all four of his paws on the ladder to just hang out. He refuses to climb it though, even with one of us pushing him up and so I always have to resort to climbing into the boat and then awkwardly lifting him out of the water by the handles on his life jacket.

Saturday afternoon we took the boat out again but this time my old roommates joined us with their two puppies who had only been on the water once before. And folks, let me tell you, having four dogs all in the water trying to drown you at the same time wouldn't be a terrible way to go. The puppies love Mack and they still haven't figured out swimming yet so they would always just swim to him and try to rest on his back which would make him swim to me and try to jump on me. But by the end of the day we had one of the pups jumping out of the boat like a pro. We also went to shallower water and setup some poles for some "beersby" and Mack saw us throwing the frisbee from the boat and jumped in and spent the whole game playing monkey in the middle swimming back and forth trying to grab the frisbee.

And then our suburb had their 4th celebration this past weekend for some reason and as part of it there was stuff going on "downtown" all weekend. Last night the brewery was hosting a band outside so a bunch of us went there to celebrate our buddies birthday.

We're hanging out on the patio waiting for some people to arrive and the birthday boy is like hey, lets go play hammerschalgen (sp) which for the unfamiliar is a game where you all stand around a stump drinking beer while trying to pound a nail all the way in with the round part of a ballpeen hammer or similar. It was just us two and then this super cute tattoo'ed girl came up and asked what we were playing and if she could play so we were like, yeah, obviously. And then two of her guy friends came by to play with us, one of them who I assumed was her boyfriend, and I'm like, yeah ok, this makes more sense now. We played a game and that was that and then later one she came up to me as she was leaving and thanked me for letting them play and that was that. We stayed there a few hours and then things were dying down and I'm not sure the specifics but I just now i chugged the glass of 9% ABV beer somebody had just gotten me and I went from buzzed to drunk super quick and I went back inside to find the rest of our group but then they weren't there and so I checked the street and they were also not there so I just started walking home.

There was a dude a bit aways ahead of me walking too and then I saw him turn off into some trees, assuming he was cutting through the park, but then I caught up to the point and saw that he was just peeing into the bushes. I got a little further down the block when I see a cop car driving by and he immediately flips his lights and shines his spotlight on the dude and then I turn around a few times as I'm walking trying to not appear too drunk myself to see him getting arrested and put into the squad car. Get home and somebody orders pizza and we have a few beers and a lot of water and then pass out around 2.

After waking up at around 6 to let the dog out and feed him, I went back to sleep and didn't get out of bed until 11:30. I managed to change the oil in my car, finally get my costco membership card, put away laundry and half ass update my resume to give to my boss tomorrow. Also watched a lot of netflix.

You're getting an inspection right? Not an appraisal but the guy that makes sure you aren't buying a money pit, or that if you are buying a money pit you're doing so knowingly.

Yeah, we had an inspection done right away. Lots of little things, which is to be expected for a house of this age, but no major issues or anything. All of the heating/ac/water heater are pretty old but they're buying me a home warranty so hopefully they all go out within the next year.

• Like 1

And now you get to spend like two months moving in!

Don’t I know it. On top of just the general slowness of unpacking, I currently have possessions in three different places, my old place here, my current flop house, and my brothers place back in Iowa.

The stuff here in the cities won’t be too bad as I’ve got a truck and trailer lined up to haul stuff and should be able to get it all moved in a day, two max. My shit in Iowa will basically depend on the generosity and availability of my brother because it’s too much for me to get in one trip with my car but I’m also sure he’s ready to not to have to store my stuff any longer.

I’m also not 100% what I all have up here in terms of essentials because I know I didn’t pack everything I’d need to outfit a place knowing I was moving into a furnished house so that will be a fun adventure while unpacking. We’ve got a family reunion back home this weekend and while I really don’t want to go I could just use it as way to grab a few of the more important boxes in storage.

Oh, and while I was changing my oil yesterday I realized the inside tread on both of my front tires is completely bald and one of them it’s even cracking so basically I’m one bad pot hole away from a bad wreck. Which is good when you work 22 miles from home. I went ahead and ordered new tires yesterday but they won’t be in until Friday so for now I’m driving Florence to work hoping for a rain free week.

anyone else enjoy the home run derby last night? i'm bryce harper fan and i was loving his furious finish. the american flag bat was pretty sweet too. the head band thing wasn't great but i'll overlook it.

Hey Bob,

Given Daniel's affinity for the f-bombs during this year's vlogs and this tweet:

Oh please! I have no issue with cursing and if you do then that’s on you sir. I say **** sometimes. If that offends you, that is your right. I’m not going to sugar coat things and the word doesn’t offend me in the least.

What say we lift the profanity filter? I mean, who the **** are we going to scare off?

i gotta tell you, when i was a kid, that haunted painting in ghostbusters 2 scared the shit out of me. that evil look on vigo's face gave me nightmares. obviously as an adult i'm not scare anymore, but i am able to conclude that ghostbusters 2 is a superior film to ghostbusters 1.

anyone else enjoy the home run derby last night? i'm bryce harper fan and i was loving his furious finish. the american flag bat was pretty sweet too. the head band thing wasn't great but i'll overlook it.

It was good and fun the whole way through. The format change from a few years ago was so important.

i gotta tell you, when i was a kid, that haunted painting in ghostbusters 2 scared the shit out of me. that evil look on vigo's face gave me nightmares. obviously as an adult i'm not scare anymore, but i am able to conclude that ghostbusters 2 is a superior film to ghostbusters 1.

hot takes or dumpster fire. get that trash outta here though.

• Like 1

hot takes or dumpster fire. get that trash outta here though.

Look at this stay puft marshmallow motherfvcker.

There’s, when you’re right you’re right. The clock is the key, love that innovation.

Counterpoint: 2 doesn't have this monologue:

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• Like 3