• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Bought 5% of a buddies WSOP action. He got into Vegas yesterday and basically went straight to the tables and ended up shipping a $10k seat in a satellite event. He’s not going to play the main though so he’ll just cash in the ticket so basically I’ve already doubled my “investment” and he’s still got a few more days of tourneys scheduled. And since I paid him so long ago I had basically written off the $200 and so it feels like an extra $500 so far. Told him if he wins enough for me to get a new kitchen he can have a plaque in my 3 seasons porch.

Apparently I have. Shipping, to me, is sending away. I shipped a Hundo to him on a set over set.

Good luck sir. Remember that no matter what happens you have decades of work left and there’s nothing to be done about that.

Good luck sir. Remember that no matter what happens you have decades of work left and there’s nothing to be done about that.

That’s a true fact right there.

I’ve gone through all the talk tracks, and the only one that doesn’t have potential disaster outcomes is to be humble but open about long-term goals and the realities about internal vs. external job opportunities. I wanted to be an *******. I could by all rights be an ******* considering what was done to me last cycle.

I’m glad I went in with that mindset. I got 5%. I would have straight up put in my two weeks if I were in a fighting mood. I am going to use tonight and tomorrow to map out the next steps, be it the CFA in secrecy, or what have you.

My boss told me it is a tough year for our company and our goals, and I straight up said, “you pay your top performers. In down years, hit the guys who are working 30 hours a week, don’t bring the hammer down on the guy that killed himself for the last 12 months trying to further the cause.” I almost felt bad for her. I know she didn’t make the decision.

• Like 1

Sorry Strat. Hopefully something good comes out of it, even if that's a new job.

Sorry Strat. Hopefully something good comes out of it, even if that's a new job.

Don’t be sorry. I had unrealistic expectations. This just means it’s going to be harder, and yeah it might mean needing to find another job to get where I want to be.

I have had an hour or two to think about it, and overall I am lucky to have the base salary I do as a springboard for the next thing. I could start a company in as little as a few years, assuming I don’t start a family (which is solidly off the table now anyway).

I'm just with family in paradise (Iowa).

brvy that's the life.

i was at chipotle by 11, as i'm wont to do. bravo tells me there's three games going at hollywood with 6 on the list, so i head over there and i'm on the list by 11:45. by 12:45 i'm still waiting and i've had enough, so i leave. i don't get the text that the table was opened until 1:30. what a joke. i did, however, pick up some doritos at target which i have enjoyed today.

• Like 1

We took a friends boat out last night and just hung out drinking in the water. Today I woke up at like 6 and then went and got a breakfast sandwich from mcd’s (bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit). Then went back to bed until 11:30. Went over to a friends for a BBQ for a few hours and then we took the boat out as the weather had cleared up. Still here. Kinda want to go home though. I’m the only dumbass who didn’t take tomorrow off and I’m ready to start getting ready for bed.

Great, now I’m the ******* because I was like “hey, don’t want to be a buzzkill but it’s almost 9” and they’re like “no prob, we’ll finish up our game” and then they were like “well, can you just get an Uber from the beach we want to watch the firework?” And I’m like “ are you serious? I can’t get in an Uber soaking wet”. And then they offered to walk the boat to shore and I’m like fine, **** it, but I’m not getting in the water. I didn’t even want to come but you talked me into it because you said we’d only be a few hours.” And now everybody’s leaving and I’m the *******.