I Called In Sick Today

you never know, tilty might still be out there somewhere. still not sure why he quit us, but that's life, i'm used to it.

pretty hilarious day on twitter with Justice Kennedy retiring. you'd think he was the only force in the universe keeping evil at bay.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Now I’m hearing mumbling it’s just two weeks severance for every year of service. If that’s the case and I don’t get a firm commitment of a better job than I have I am out this bitch tomorrow.

So CFO called me to his office to help him write a formula to calculate severance payouts so I now officially know how it’s going to be calculated.

Which, basically matches the document that the other bank has on the welcome/new employee site they gave us day one that one of the family members has been adamant isn’t correct. He’s the one who’s been spouting this 2 week/yr nonsense. And just this morning him and then a coworker who’s been here 35 yrs were arguing if it was the 2 or 1 week. He was claiming that our CFO told him directly just last night that it isn’t the plan on the website. Which, he’s technically correct because that has a maximum number of weeks where the actual agreement does not. So he’ll be getting either 52 or 46 weeks. I’m not sure how much he’s paid, which is the qualifier, but id guess it’s 52.

I will qualify for the 8 week minimum. Still not sure how long you have to stay to qualify for it though.

Not gonna lie though...a check for 10 weeks (8+2 weeks of paid out vacation) would be pretty useful.

Can’t wait to shove it in their noses that my sources have been right this whole time and there’s haven’t been.

• Like 1

you never know, tilty might still be out there somewhere. still not sure why he quit us, but that's life, i'm used to it.

pretty hilarious day on twitter with Justice Kennedy retaining. you'd think he was the only force in the universe keeping evil at bay.

I worked pretty hard for a long time to grind him down.

Those interactions with management are nuts. I hope there’s some way for it to work out with that company, just because being on good terms with the CFO is so damn lucrative. That was basically what happened with me, I just built a reputation and suddenly the CEO started directly leaning on me for more stuff, almost felt like curiosity. I can’t see doing that again somewhere else in under a year, at least not without starting from a senior management role.

You're offensive in a way that's just gross and depressing. Aside from your opinions on various media, that doesn't bother me. Tilty was (RIP) offensive as a human.

Happy Father's Day Brvy. Hope you actually see your kids today.

Thanks. I had three kids with me, but all five of them wrote me a nice letter.

I worked pretty hard for a long time to grind him down.

The genius behind this was that I ended up getting all of his hate, when you were WAY more mean than I was. Well played, jerk.

• Like 1

good to see you're still alive, brvy. i was worried about you. don't be afraid to post more often.

my phone says its 100 and feels like 112. that is a little too hot for my tastes. i prefer it more around 50 degrees and overcast. not sure why but i prefer an overcast, grey day to a bright sunny day. something about a bright sunny day that annoys me.

The shots I could take are too obvious,so instead I'll say, you should move to Seattle. The weather is like that 9 months a year, and even in the sunny summer, it's neither hot nor humid. You'd love it

• Like 1

I know what you're thinking.. you're thinking "Seattle?!? a bunch of hippies and hipsters.. I'd hate the people there.". And it's true, you would. However, I've come to believe you're an utter misanthrope and would hate the people anywhere yoy live, so you may as well live somewhere you enjoy the weather.

• Like 3

you're certainly right that i would hate the people anywhere i live. i just looked it up and Washington doesn't have income tax. that's a real positive. this might be possible.

good to see you're still alive, brvy. i was worried about you. don't be afraid to post more often.

I was on a trip. Went to Denver and Utah, then was at an education technology conference (ISTE) in Chicago from Sunday to Wednesday. I'm home for a few days and then going to Iowa for a week. After that I'll be around a little more.

i had to leave early before i went off on someone and lost my job. long story short, an incompetent moron, who has nothing to do all day, refused to do something i asked him to do for a bullshit reason. his boss, who is also a moron, allowed him to get away with this - so, realizing i have no power, i left as clearly my presence is unimportant.

one of my white trash clients lives in a very nice house, owned by his trust, and the HOA has complained for years about poor lawn care and trucks on cinder blocks in the drive way. the HOA got an attorney and is moving on them, so it's time lawyer up and get nasty. now we're talking my language.

I'm confused about which side you are rooting for. As a rule, I am almost always against HOA's, as I hate it when people legitimately have a worse life based on the choices another person makes that has no direct effect on their life at all. I seriously can't even comprehend what makes people like that tick. (But I also generally dislike rednecks that don't try) In my mind, it's not close (I'm rooting for the redneck), but I don't deal with him and understand that you have more information and possibly a different opinion.

i had to leave early before i went off on someone and lost my job. long story short, an incompetent moron, who has nothing to do all day, refused to do something i asked him to do for a bullshit reason. his boss, who is also a moron, allowed him to get away with this - so, realizing i have no power, i left as clearly my presence is unimportant.

Do you have a trump card in this situation? A higher-boss that you can use to show your power? Because those two are laughing at you right now, and that's not good for political reasons.

I'm confused about which side you are rooting for. As a rule, I am almost always against HOA's, as I hate it when people legitimately have a worse life based on the choices another person makes that has no direct effect on their life at all. I seriously can't even comprehend what makes people like that tick. (But I also generally dislike rednecks that don't try) In my mind, it's not close (I'm rooting for the redneck), but I don't deal with him and understand that you have more information and possibly a different opinion.

i will represent the trust, which owns the house that the redneck lives in. so i'm fighting the HOA, though i suspect there's little i can do but write some strongly worded letters (lit by nothing but natural light).

Do you have a trump card in this situation? A higher-boss that you can use to show your power? Because those two are laughing at you right now, and that's not good for political reasons.

i could go higher and argue my case, but in the end, why do i care? i get paid the same either way, so i'm going to work from home and attempt to not give a fvck.

Well, having an unkept yard and cars up on blocks does effect the neighborhood and their property values. I think most HOA are too aggressive and restrictive and are run by a bunch of petty tyrants who fetishize rules following, however I do believe you're wrong to think your decisions as a private home owner have no effect on the community around you

• Like 1

That's why I said "no direct effect" (even though "value" is a direct effect, I was using that word as a catch-all for random little things like that). I understand there are outliers in every situation. I've had enough HOA experience to understand that those same people would complain if you were just working on your car for a few days, and view that as a habitual violation because you had to fix your car in the Fall as well.

I just hate that type of people so much, I don't even care if the guy 5 houses down has a yard that's lowering my property value 0.1%. I would MUCH rather have him than a note once a month complaining about the location of my trash can.

• Like 1