I Called In Sick Today

As VB used to say, Nebraska football fans keep trying to stay competitive—trying the same thing over and over—which is the very, exact, definition of insanity. Sad!

You probably assumed my vigilance on this issue had waned.

Never.

• Like 3
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Man, I wish you were still around vb. I've had a bunch of psychological questions to ask you this year.

I just googled a bunch, and it seemed like the best thing for what I wanted to do. It's just a bunch of overkill for 95% of what I do, or at least, an organization of our size. We have maybe three projects that would need this level of detail, and two of the three are restricted to the most senior levels of the firm. Not that it's not useful (seems really necessary for huge orgs) but I am worried I will not use it enough to retain it.

Feeling like death warmed over but still planning on going to QotSA tomorrow night. I pretty much knew this was going to happen when I bought the tickets as I seem to get this sinus crap about this time every year.

That could be dangerous. I don’t want hank to develop a dependency on alcohol.

Anyone have hot weekend plans? I’m going to a tailgate at the chiefs game on Sunday. Should be terrible as I hate people, but I’m going to try to get out more.

• Like 1

Who are you tailgating and attending the chiefs game with? Inquiring minds, and all

Isn't Nebraska playing someone this weekend? Is saw it advertised during the Yanks game the other night

I have zero plans this weekend. Only drank once in the last three weeks or so. We'll see about this weekend.

Buddies 30th bday party tonight. Mine tomorrow night. I'll be catching up on some work on Sunday. Fun stuff.

Prediction. You'll be a wreck on Sunday and won't catch-up on your work.

I hope this is the case. Happy bday, welcome to your thirties, and make it a decade of handjobs and boob play. But be sure it's completely consensual. Don't smack an ass or graze a boob, you may get dragged on twitter.

• Like 1

Finally got 90% of the hurricane shutters down. Was justifying leaving them up because it looked like we might get more there for a bit, but then I just procrastinated. Just have one window left that I'll need a ladder to get. Think the job qualified as a decent workout.

The math tutoring center was decently involved this week. I got in a bit of trouble for not getting my availability in again in a timely manner. The issue is that that the owner used to have us get them in by Saturday. The new center director wants them in by Tuesday in order to put out the next week's schedule on Thursday (which then has to be intialed by Friday). Anyway, the first time around I got mine updated on a Thursday...did two weeks...then forgot about it until another Thursday. The director said she'd told me multiple times in e-mail. The problem is that 95% of e-mails that I get are garbage, and I generally only check it once per week or when I'm specifically expecting something. That's been the case for years...so I guess I have to break that habit.

Looking forward to some pokering the next few days.

• Like 1

Who are you tailgating and attending the chiefs game with? Inquiring minds, and all

Isn't Nebraska playing someone this weekend? Is saw it advertised during the Yanks game the other night

I have zero plans this weekend. Only drank once in the last three weeks or so. We'll see about this weekend.

i have one friend left, and he wants me to meet his new girlfriend. i think they want to set me up with a friend of hers but the new girlfriend wants to meet me first. i would assume that plan will be off after she meets me.

nebraska plays saturday night against ohio state. we will be bent over for three hours and shown the 50 states. it will get ugly.

sunday will be tailgating and complaining about doing things and people.

Finally got 90% of the hurricane shutters down. Was justifying leaving them up because it looked like we might get more there for a bit, but then I just procrastinated. Just have one window left that I'll need a ladder to get. Think the job qualified as a decent workout.

The math tutoring center was decently involved this week. I got in a bit of trouble for not getting my availability in again in a timely manner. The issue is that that the owner used to have us get them in by Saturday. The new center director wants them in by Tuesday in order to put out the next week's schedule on Thursday (which then has to be intialed by Friday). Anyway, the first time around I got mine updated on a Thursday...did two weeks...then forgot about it until another Thursday. The director said she'd told me multiple times in e-mail. The problem is that 95% of e-mails that I get are garbage, and I generally only check it once per week or when I'm specifically expecting something. That's been the case for years...so I guess I have to break that habit.

Looking forward to some pokering the next few days.

That’s why people have separate work emails that they only give out for work things and they check it every day. 9 2 5 what a way to make a living.

• Like 2

Had the live auction tonight. Got antsy and confused Nurkic and Jokic, and spent $42 on the ~$10 Nurkic. Still managed to kill the rest of the draft, but wasting $30 for no reason was a bite in the dick.

Rest of the team in a 12 team league:

Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler, Kemba, Millsap, Nurkic

Gallinari, Lou Williams, Dirk, Oladipo, Hernangomez, Teodosic as my rookie, Tony Parker as my injury pick.

I can't hate it, but there was so much value later on that I really could have really added a few other guys.

nyquil always cures me, hanky. give it a whirl.

Just one item? That would be like trying to take out the Hulk with a spitball when I get this crap. I experiment with combinations of a various over the counter treatments, holistic remedies, hallucinogens, and santeria.

nebraska plays saturday night against ohio state. we will be bent over for three hours and shown the 50 states. it will get ugly.

Nailed it.