• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Strat and/or SA,

When I move into my new insurance, unless I choose a less effective and much more involved treatment option, I'll for sure hit my max out of pocket of $5,500 every year. The cheaper treatment would be about 1/3 of that.

A thought I've been considering is maxing out my HSA while paying everything out of pocket for a few years and then start moving towards using a % of the HSA until I'm using it for basically all expenses. Does that seem like a decent plan?

I think not, but thanks for responding.

Between most of the posts napa posted when I was MIA and the lack of interest here I've been wondering why I bother. For whatever reason, caused by me I am sure, I apparently just don't fit here. So be good, I truly hope for the best for ya'll and maybe I'll check in from time to time.

Wait. What? Didn't you take my comment as interest? Because that's how I meant it.

In all seriousness though Tilt, I hope you stick around or at least keep us updated on how you're doing occasionally. I'm truly sorry if I ever said anything that made you feel like you weren't welcome here. Especially years ago when I was an even dumber kid than I am now. Not to mention, not that you don't fit in or that I don't want you around (id say we but i don't want to speak for that degenerate bigd), but, uh, we're not exactly the cool kids.

But, I mean, I totally get not wanting to be around this cloud of negativity but if you could just do us a favor and let your next of kin know about this place in case the worst were to happen they could let us know? We've got a pretty big pool going and would like to be able to pay it out.

That was a Shamalamadingdong twist at the end. Loved it.

Ron, I know you are just laying out what you think is my nightmare scenario, but that's pretty close to what's actually happening. She basically has stopped trying to advance in her career, but spends every dime, and complains to me about how her comp is inadequate/unfair.

Once, she was complaining to me about how there's too much work for the number of people in her department, and I laid out a plan for her to build a list of responsibilities, and take it to management, asking for a more involved, salaried position. She says to me, "I value my time outside of work."

WELL, I GUESS I DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU, THEN.

Drives me nuts. She must just think it's random chance, I just lucked out and now make good money for... reasons. Not because I worked my ass off, or that I built great rapport with all the decision makers, or that I developed a few crucial hard skills over the last five years.

I know you just use FCP to rant or whatever, but it really seems like you don't like your gf at all. What are some good things about her? I'm starting not to like her, and I don't think that's fair.

Strat and/or SA,

When I move into my new insurance, unless I choose a less effective and much more involved treatment option, I'll for sure hit my max out of pocket of $5,500 every year. The cheaper treatment would be about 1/3 of that.

A thought I've been considering is maxing out my HSA while paying everything out of pocket for a few years and then start moving towards using a % of the HSA until I'm using it for basically all expenses. Does that seem like a decent plan?

I know I wasn't addressed, but how does your new companies HSA work? Is it a use it or lose it situation? Does any roll over year to year?

brvy doesn't like him, that's who I'm blaming.

I actually think Thera is the only one that currently still hates Tilt. Tilt and I made up over me being mean to him when he first showed up and wouldn't leave.

• Like 1

I know I wasn't addressed, but how does your new companies HSA work? Is it a use it or lose it situation? Does any roll over year to year?

You probably weren't addressed because you don't know the difference between a HSA and a FSA.

HSA money is yours forever and is tax free when you put it in, any interest earned is also tax free, and any withdrawals used for qualified expenses are tax and penalty free. Basically a 401(k) except strictly for medical expenses until your retire.

• Like 1

You probably weren't addressed because you don't know the difference between a HSA and a FSA.

Well that's just mean. I WAS ASKING YOU QUESTIONS!

• Like 1

HSAs can be custodied anywhere you want, too. Usually a PITA 🥙 to do it outside of your employer where it comes straight out of payroll, but that is a nice option if your employer's HSA sucks.

Always max fund, don't worry about spending it down each year as long as the expenses are necessary. I am fortunate not to have any medical expenses, but that's what I would do. The HSA investment snowball is a nice pipe dream, but with the health expense inflation we have seen over the last few years, $3350/yr contributions aren't going to cover the out of pocket limits adequately over the next few decades.

• Like 1

That's a good point. And also I'd probably need to keep it in pretty conservative investments since it's a very real likelihood of needing the money in the short term further decreasing the compounding.

napa getting FEISTY. i like that. but yeah i'd put the max in.

i left work at 4 today and it was glorious. had to go by target and get a plunger though cause my toilet was acting up. but i got that fixed and everything is looking good.

napa getting FEISTY. i like that. but yeah i'd put the max in.

i left work at 4 today and it was glorious. had to go by target and get a plunger though cause my toilet was acting up. but i got that fixed and everything is looking good.

Seems like you're kinda treating the symptom and not the disease until you dial back on the qdoba or whatever.

My girlfriend is a good person. Setting that fact aside, I have no idea wtf she is doing, haven't understood it for as long as we have dated. It's one thing if you kinda hate your job, but it has redeeming qualities. She hates her responsibilities, hates her comp, does not get along great with her manager or coworkers, and has lost hope of advancing. But she doesn't apply for stuff, or follow up with a friend who is actively trying to recruit her for similar money in a much better company. She just goes back to work every day, completely convinced that she can't change her situation.

I really wanted to make this a positive post, but, damnit.

• Like 1

I'm a chipotle man, fvck qdoba. This is more a weak water pressure problem. I take great care at home to avoid this and still it happened.

I understand low flow issues man. A couple years ago the powers that be decided to give the newly remodeled men's room to the ladies and gave the old ladies' room to the dudes. The toilets really are not up to the task. For example, the other day after taking a piss at the urinal, I ducked into a stall to blow my nose and I dropped, no exaggeration here, 5 squares of TP with a bit of snot on them into the bowl. It took 2 flushes just to get that down. Couple that with the fact that I work on a floor largely occupied by socially retarded software engineers that walk out of the stall and trust the autoflush to take care of it in one, cap it with a new mexican restaurant in the building and it's a goddamn horror show in there most days.

My girlfriend is a good person. Setting that fact aside, I have no idea wtf she is doing, haven't understood it for as long as we have dated. It's one thing if you kinda hate your job, but it has redeeming qualities. She hates her responsibilities, hates her comp, does not get along great with her manager or coworkers, and has lost hope of advancing. But she doesn't apply for stuff, or follow up with a friend who is actively trying to recruit her for similar money in a much better company. She just goes back to work every day, completely convinced that she can't change her situation.

I really wanted to make this a positive post, but, damnit.

To add to this, I am continuing to follow the advice to stop badgering her about it.

Watched Better Call Saul tonight, had a nice big pour of Old Weller Antique. This was capping off a five hour CFP study sesh. This feeling always makes me wonder why I ever procrastinate.

What do you like about her? She funny? Great cook? Smoking body? What's keeping you in this thing?

Complacency

• Like 1

I like her a lot, I am just holding out hope that she will fix her situation and stop playing the victim. I have had a few hard conversations with her before, and another one is coming up when she has her lease renewal. This is not me wanting another few months of great sex, or filling her head with bullshit to string her along, or anything like that.

Part of me thinks she's keeping her career in limbo because she thinks we are breaking up if she switches jobs. It's an interesting catch-22.

Not trying to take anything away from the guys that rank it higher in the priority list. I took seven years off from the game at one point, it just isn't a motivator for me.

FYP