I Called In Sick Today

Why would that make you hate yourself? we all need our little pleasures in life, the little things that make us laugh. personally i find this clip hilarious every time i watch it.

YOU CANT ARREST GRAVITY FVCKO!

or this one

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think there's a really good chance I'll get an offer from an interview yesterday. He kept saying that he didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep but he definitely wants to go forward with me and have me meet with the VP of finance or whatever and then he just went ahead and said "you'll be hearing back by Tuesday".

• Like 2

soon as they call with a number you laugh, hang up, and wait for the call back. they'll go up 20% or my name isn't my name.

i was gonna buy some dress socks today, and these were nice ass socks. soft as shit and i'm trying to find an employee and i ask a guy. oh i can't work that resister go down there. so i go down there and nobody is there. so i wait. i go over to another register and finally find someone and this fvckin guy doesn't even look up when i approach. just keeps playing pocket pool or whatever the fvck and doesn't look up at all. so i toss the socks down and say THANKS and walk out. showed them.

• Like 2

One thing that gives me pause though is that at one point he said that I'm lucky to be looking for a job in such a good economy because just a few years ago he would have been getting a hundred people with more experience applying but now he's only had a handful of applicants. So, yay, I guess? But he also asked a question that he prefaced with "there's no right or wrong answer except don't say a little of both". Something like would you rather start from scratch or improve on somebody else's work. I went with start from scratch and he said that I gave the best answer of anybody he's ever asked that question too. The way he talked felt like I was talking to me in in five years. Really hope I get a good offer from them. And the workplace is casual so I won't have to go out and fully update my wardrobe. Could really use some prayers here if you could spare some, brvy.

Good luck that the offer comes through and the salary is befitting a professional of your caliber Napster,

Chemo today, Just a shade over 5 hours so par for the course, Couldn't really sleep after not sleeping real well last night so that was disappointing,

Makes sense. I see the total opposite situation with my firm. Not very many applicants three years ago when I joined, but huge competition for the most recent open spot we had. Granted, we are now starting people at $50k vs. the $33k my class was offered.

Makes sense. I see the total opposite situation with my firm. Not very many applicants three years ago when I joined, but huge competition for the most recent open spot we had. Granted, we are now starting people at $50k vs. the $33k my class was offered.

Yeah, but don't worry, I'll still be the lowest paid of us three amigos. The top of my possible range is still below what you and SA make. Gawd I'm going to be so disappointed if they make me an offer and it's some dogshit number. My recruiter knows I've got a pretty hard floor so I hope he kept that in mind before all of this. We didn't discuss comp at all for this position. Looking at their financials they are just printing money. Now I'm just sure I'm going to blow the meeting with the VP or whatever or he's not going to like me or something. Shit. Nothing good can ever happen to me.

Yeah, but don't worry, I'll still be the lowest paid of us three amigos. The top of my possible range is still below what you and SA make. Gawd I'm going to be so disappointed if they make me an offer and it's some dogshit number. My recruiter knows I've got a pretty hard floor so I hope he kept that in mind before all of this. We didn't discuss comp at all for this position. Looking at their financials they are just printing money. Now I'm just sure I'm going to blow the meeting with the VP or whatever or he's not going to like me or something. Shit. Nothing good can ever happen to me.

You are going to crush it, and when you do, it won't be at my expense. I want to see everyone here absolutely murder it, live happily ever after.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I'm just nervous and I've been taking so many pills these last few days that I'm pretty sure I forgot to take my happy pills and I'm starting to get all up in my head.

One thing that gives me pause though is that at one point he said that I'm lucky to be looking for a job in such a good economy because just a few years ago he would have been getting a hundred people with more experience applying but now he's only had a handful of applicants. So, yay, I guess? But he also asked a question that he prefaced with "there's no right or wrong answer except don't say a little of both". Something like would you rather start from scratch or improve on somebody else's work. I went with start from scratch and he said that I gave the best answer of anybody he's ever asked that question too. The way he talked felt like I was talking to me in in five years. Really hope I get a good offer from them. And the workplace is casual so I won't have to go out and fully update my wardrobe. Could really use some prayers here if you could spare some, brvy.

I just nailed a prayer to the BIG GUY about you finding a great job in Iowa. YOU'RE WELCOME!

• Like 1

HELPING OR HURTING BRVY HELPING OR HURTING

Took Florence out for a cruise Saturday night cause the weather was so nice and ended up at your old stomping grounds of Martensdale. Don't think I'd ever been there before.

• Like 1

They called to setup an in person for Friday. Gonna be a long week, fellas. Hopefully they make me an offer at the end of it and if it's too low I can pull my junk out and put it on the table in person.

• Like 1

I suggest you rub one out friday morning as a precaution. wait, is that a thing? whatever, a good idea is a good idea.

• Like 1

HELPING OR HURTING BRVY HELPING OR HURTING

Took Florence out for a cruise Saturday night cause the weather was so nice and ended up at your old stomping grounds of Martensdale. Don't think I'd ever been there before.

That's awesome. Not many people on Earth have been there. The Great Western Bike Trail that ends there is actually really nice.

They called to setup an in person for Friday. Gonna be a long week, fellas. Hopefully they make me an offer at the end of it and if it's too low I can pull my junk out and put it on the table in person.

Congrats! Nail it.

nap you ready for tomorrow? your whole life is gonna change bro. CHANGE IS IN THE AIR BOYS.

been a long week for me. meeting stacked on meeting, YOU KNOW? today i had the pleasure of driving to emporia, kansas and really getting some good work done. it's why i do what i do.

Tilty, you still alive?

Good luck Napster!

nap you ready for tomorrow? your whole life is gonna change bro. CHANGE IS IN THE AIR BOYS.

been a long week for me. meeting stacked on meeting, YOU KNOW? today i had the pleasure of driving to emporia, kansas and really getting some good work done. it's why i do what i do.

Tilty, you still alive?

Alive and kicking.

Hows the Chipotle change to chorizo going? I was thinking, I usually forego beans and get double meat. 1 chicken/1 chorizo might be a hell of a good bowl, ya know?

Nothing to be nervous about. You already have a job, it's up to them to convince you that theirs is better than the one you got. Worse case scenario you got a reason to spend the weekend in the MSP. Lot less pressure than if you're unemployed and need the job.

• Like 1

I appreciate the support, Tilt.

Your boy almost blew it before it even got started though. Was planning on leaving here at 9 to give myself plenty of time to get there by 10. Was laying in bed and decided to check the itinerary to check who I was meeting with first and realized I forgot I had agreed to be there at 9 to meet the controller. Luckily I realized this with plenty of time to adjust without having to rush myself, which always leads to me sweating profusely.

I can't remember if I mentioned it but the other place I interviewed at called me back for an in person, too so I'll actually be meeting with 2 places today. This one the manager told me last week they'd be bringing in their top choice, maybe top two, so I'd say I got a pretty good shot.

I brought an extra shirt to change into between interviews in case I sweat a lot in the first one.

• Like 5