I Called In Sick Today

I'm not a huge fan, but he's got some good stuff, and the venue is great for intimacy. Holds under a thousand, no bad standing spots. Of course, these lyrics portend mild nerves:

All these white folks chanting when I asked 'em where my niggas at?

Goin' crazy, got me goin' crazy, I can't get wit' that

Wonder if they know, I know they won't go where we kick it at

Ho, this shit ain't Gryffindor, we really killin', kickin' doors

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've got a TEAM of doctors who would agree with you.

Think I'm gonna go with Brad Pitt in "Allied". Nice mix of long but also professional. Hopefully my barber can make it look good on me.

I've seen that fischer price my first Hitler youth camp haircut on fat people before and it is far from flattering. Throw in my weird head shape and super fine hair and it would be a disaster. Plus, I'm going off a hunch that most hiring managers in the accounting world aren't the most...progressive...style wise.

• Like 1

He cut it a little shorter than I would have liked but otherwise he did a really good job. If you like hold a piece of paper up over my face my hair looks phenomenal. The barber tried to talk me out of cutting it all off. Said I had a really good head of hair.

I recently went to a barbershop, like, not one with a bunch of old white guys, but one with a bunch of Spanish dudes working it. Lots of brown customers edging in their beard, etc

Best experience I've had in years. They talked the entire time, but not to me, to each other. Lots of foul language and off color jokes. I will go back

• Like 4

something about that barber shop doesn't appeal to me, but i can't quite place it. my hair is fine, it's pretty standard white guy hair. i'm not looking for any extra attention over here.

My hair was thinning pretty well before but now I rely on the custom chemo cut. Only place I really have hair is my arms.

I don't get any sort of special cut or anything. Pretty sure this is one of 3 allowable haircuts for conservative males in the 50's. Nothing special. It's just that my hairs themselves are champions. They can't help but look great and attract attention.

• Like 1

Not to diminish what you are going through, but that aspect sounds wonderful. Cutting my hair is a pure waste of time.

No doubt about it.

It's so weird for me to read this stuff. I still cut my own hair, basically a 1 on my entire head. I have had my hair done this way for at least six years now. It isn't wrong to have nice hair, just alien to me.

Don't take this the wrong way but, professionally speaking, appearances do matter. If you're going to be the 'quirky genius' who does things like cuts his own hair or wears the same outfit every day you need to be genius enough that you stand out (way out, like a standard deviation out front performance-wise) and get noticed/rewarded that way. If you're not that kind of rare genius, even if you are gifted, you still gotta play the game to a large degree and in the game looking the part is a fundamental piece of the puzzle to getting ahead. Especially in a traditionally conservative segment like the financial industry. Look around at the people in your company that are in positions in which you may like to one day find yourself. How many of them have a quirky appearance? So consider transitioning to a boring old white guy 'do. Just because the saying "Always dress for the job you want" became cliche doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it and part of that "dress" is the haircut. No offense intended, just some unsolicited food for thought.

• Like 2

Don't take this the wrong way but, professionally speaking, appearances do matter. If you're going to be the 'quirky genius' who does things like cuts his own hair or wears the same outfit every day you need to be genius enough that you stand out (way out, like a standard deviation out front performance-wise) and get noticed/rewarded that way. If you're not that kind of rare genius, even if you are gifted, you still gotta play the game to a large degree and in the game looking the part is a fundamental piece of the puzzle to getting ahead. Especially in a traditionally conservative segment like the financial industry. Look around at the people in your company that are in positions in which you may like to one day find yourself. How many of them have a quirky appearance? So consider transitioning to a boring old white guy 'do. Just because the saying "Always dress for the job you want" became cliche doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it and part of that "dress" is the haircut. No offense intended, just some unsolicited food for thought.

All good points. There's a minimal level of professionalism that you need to have. I do dress to the level where I could be called into a client meeting and it would not stand out. I don't mind the unsolicited advice.

• Like 1

All indications are that I'm going to crush it again in this next review cycle. Basically, I found a bunch of money laying on the ground with a few projects, and found a way to implement everything and get everyone to want to play ball, without ruffling any feathers. Microsoft Excel is something special.

• Like 3

All good points. There's a minimal level of professionalism that you need to have. I do dress to the level where I could be called into a client meeting and it would not stand out. I don't mind the unsolicited advice.

67233320.jpg

• Like 2