Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ron said he's bunkering down. He's pretty far inland.

Meanwhile, we're bunkering down also. My pre-Florida self would've been appalled.

Yesterday I was working on the storm shutters. They were leaning against a wall in the garage and secured by a chain. I periodically took a couple of them off as I was trying to assess what went where. Well, some of them started falling over...and I tried to stop them...which was dumb...should've just let them fall. The weight (several hundred pounds...EMT estimated 600) quickly overwhelmed me...and it scraped all the way down the front of my chest from my neck to my belly button and pinned me against the side of the mini van. In that terrifying moment, it felt like I was being impaled and I was convinced I'd probably injured my internal organs. Got a good shout off out of pain/shock. Somehow was able to slide them off to the side and stumbled over into my front yard and collapsed. A neighbor heard and came over to ask if I needed help. Based on the blood and I guess what he thought was me having trouble breathing, he called 911. Ambulance was there two minutes later. I didn't pass out, but I was really dizzy and my hand was quite numb. Also hurt like crazy and was pretty scraped up. Ended up going to the hospital as soon as my wife rushed home. Fortunately everything came back clean on the X-rays...just have a super super sore torso. Also probably tore a ligament in my right shoulder (guessing it happened when the adrenaline shot through me to get it to lift them off of me) as I can't lift my right arm above my waist without assistance. Gotta be careful to not dislocate it and may need to see an orthopedist.

Anyway, felt super dumb about all of it...especially because now I'm somewhat invalid for a while (can barely pick up my daughters). Fortunately had family and friends help us put up the rest of our shutters. We decided to not evacuate. We do have kind of a safe room that's a closet under the stairs downstairs if it gets bad. Probably going to start really hitting us in the next few hours...supposed to peak sometime around 2am. I'm hoping that we're close enough to the edge that we'll be okay.

But yeah, expect power to go out relatively soon, and I'm optimistically thinking it'll be out 2 days. Pessimist says it'll be a week.

This has been a tough year.

• Like 4

Ronnie, are you panic shopping for the hurricane??

Nah, I'm too apathetic for all that. Probably shoulda got some stuff, but, we gonna ride it out

I think him and the misses were trying to decide between swiss rolls and pop tarts but alcohol definitely made the list.

You'd think hank is making jokes, but nope, accurate stuff. We got pop tarts AND Swiss rolls.

Hopefully he's nearing Hotlanta and the parents house by now.

Nah, got my own stuff I gotta worry about.

We here. As Colby said, hopefully being inland will help a little. Colby, who is in my old hometown, might get more than us. Best of luck to us both. Let's keep our shit intact.

• Like 3

I like Better Things. Did not watch Atlanta yet but it looks like there are some black people.

You'll like Atlanta. Couple of the most unique characters, the guy who played Snoop in Compton especially.

Good luck Ronnie/Cobalt. Been at the hospital most of the last two days, haven't really followed storm coverage. I did see a potential gif of the hurricane literally circling back around that looked horrifying.

New baby boy is healthy and good to go.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the accident Cobalt. Stay safe.

You too Ronnie and missus. Be safe out there.

Congrats on the baby thera.

• Like 2

After getting out of the hospital this last time the Doc put me on this antibiotic that was really strong and a pain in the ass as I had to take it once every 8 hours. Other problem was it caused diarrhea, horrible nausea and killed my appetite. Got the doc to switch prescriptions yesterday when I saw her and I'm already 100% better.

Need to get the calorie intake back up. I lost 5 lbs because I was feeling so crappy so I've got a good 40lbs I'd like to gain back.

• Like 1

Nah, I'm too apathetic for all that. Probably shoulda got some stuff, but, we gonna ride it out

You'd think hank is making jokes, but nope, accurate stuff. We got pop tarts AND Swiss rolls.

Nah, got my own stuff I gotta worry about.

We here. As Colby said, hopefully being inland will help a little. Colby, who is in my old hometown, might get more than us. Best of luck to us both. Let's keep our shit intact.

Thought about you today, my man. Hope all is well.

• Like 2

that's when you're supposed to ask for the pot script.

Got that covered, no script necessary.

• Like 2

Much ado about nothing

Congrats Thera. Well done. Didn't love the first name. Work on that.

Keep on trucking, tilts

My man MK. Love that dude.

Essay is finally right. OG breadsticks are the nuts. Even the salad is fantastic. I made a slow cooker pasta fagoli. ''Twas tasty.

I got nothing.

I made some turkey chili today. Pretty good.

Got kicked in the nuts by Iowa State again today.

Played a lot of frisbee with the pup. He can't get enough of it.

Finally starting to feel like fall. Which is why I made the chili.

Started the process of cancelling my shitty bank account by moving all my auto pays to a different card.

I did a lot of almost shopping today filling up shopping carts on a million different sites but managed to not actually buy anything, yet. We'll see what tomorrow brings though.

Things have been going mostly ok lately which has me starting to get anxious about the inevitable shitstorm that's right around the corner.

• Like 3

Much ado about nothing

Congrats Thera. Well done. Didn't love the first name. Work on that.

Keep on trucking, tilts

My man MK. Love that dude.

Essay is finally right. OG breadsticks are the nuts. Even the salad is fantastic. I made a slow cooker pasta fagoli. ''Twas tasty.

I got nothing.

Wait, there was still some debate about the righteousness of Olive Garden bread sticks?

Chemo today. 6 hours of sitting in a room while they pump me full of 4 different "nuclear" medicines.

Napas butt would be bigger to provide for more jokes. Especially now that tilt has lost all that weight and is looking svelte.

You're the man, tilt. I'll eat at chipotle in your honor today. 👏🏻🇺🇸💪