I Called In Sick Today

Hey, Tilty, not sure of the timelines but in case you didn't know, I got myself a pupper. He's an almost 1.5 year old golden retriever. Big ole dumb dog but what he lacks in smarts (and lack of owner training) he makes up in looks. Get people stopping us all the time on walks to say how pretty and beautiful he is. If I think they can take a joke I'll say "no, he's handsome" but otherwise I just smile and say thank you, as if I had anything to do with how he looks or even picking him out. He was free to me for pete's sake.

I think you must have got him before I left because I remember him and you showing pics. Glad hes doing well. Goldens are the sweetest/goofiest dogs ever.

a detail that made me laugh, regarding the NYC bomber. in both instances of his devices being discovered, random NYC people were trying to steal either an unattended duffel bag or backpack. for the duffel bag, the person accidentally disabled the bomb by dumping the contents out.

Right? only in NY

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Since I've been out of the hospital I've had home health nurses come to the house to change bandages, check on wounds etc... I've probably had 4 or 5 different nurses but the one I have now is the worst. She's a 50ish philipino lady that thinks her visits should trump anything else going on and she gets super annoyed if I tell here a particular day/time won't work. Then, when we do have an appointment she is always late. Last week she did actually show up on time but came to the door to tell me she forgot the blood tubes and had to go home to get them and would be back in 30 minutes. Fine except it was and hour before she made it back. Today she was scheduled to be here at 8:30, "no later than 9:30'' yet here it is 10:45 and there's been no sight or sound from her. Thinking if she shows up now I'm going to send her away.

Do it Tilt. Send her away and then call the hospital and ask for her to not come back. Tell them from here on out you will only accept white blondes who are <30, and don't weigh an ounce over 125.

• Like 2

Well close. She never showed/called but this afternoon I got a call from a nurse I'd had once before saying she wanted to come out tomorrow morning. Extremely cute brunette Russian probably 30 ish years old. Definite upgrade.

couldn't take it anymore so i left. only food at home was cheerios. big mistake not stopping for something because i'm not going back out there, no sir.

tilty, make sure you check in every day or two so we know you're not dead. kthx.

how close is the nearest grocery store? I bought a crap ton of canned stuff at costco, just as an occasional thing and insurance against that scenario. I think the tradeoff on value, longevity, and storage flexibility for canned stuff is phenomenal and offsets the fact that it's nowhere near as good as frozen or fresh.

There's a target a half mile away. But it's a whole thing. I gotta put pants on, walk down to my car and I'm just not in the mood to do either. I should keep some chef boy r d on hand just in case. Love that ravioli.