Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I got out of Jury duty once, by saying I thought the marijuana laws were immoral and would invoke my right to jury nullification to vote not guilty if put on a jury. The judge dismissed me, the prosecution didn't even have to scratch me.

• Like 1

I have that bottle, waiting for a life event of some kind to open it. have tried to sell it once or twice. if I was real motivated I could get $700-800 for it. I'm not.

I got to try a small pour of it at a liquor store, and it is phenomenal. I just don't think anything could justify $700/bottle.

I'm under the impression that courts hate jury nullification. I've been told that you can be arrested for even handing our pamphlets about it or talking about it in the court house. (Although I've never actually looked it up)

I'm under the impression that courts hate jury nullification. I've been told that you can be arrested for even handing our pamphlets about it or talking about it in the court house. (Although I've never actually looked it up)

Well, I think that's probably false that they arrest you for talking about it in the court house or handing out pamphlets, I can imagine they hate hate hate it. Jury Nullification is basically how weed became legal in Colorado, because no jury would convict anyone because of nullification. It could be an incredibly powerful ( and chaotic) tool for average people to use, to make political protest about laws, if it ever took hold, and I imagine they want to nip it in the bud. And if you need to nip it in the bud, by kicking me off a jury, so be it.

There's little chance it's really "worth" that kind of money. I paid more for that shot than I've paid for all but about 3-4 full bottles in my bar - a shot being more expensive than a top-shelf bottle is pretty dumb, but still, after looking for a few years I wasn't about to pass it up.

There's little chance it's really "worth" that kind of money. I paid more for that shot than I've paid for all but about 3-4 full bottles in my bar - a shot being more expensive than a top-shelf bottle is pretty dumb, but still, after looking for a few years I wasn't about to pass it up.

I saw Pappy 15 on the menu at a really nice restaurant here in town, for $15/pour. I was out with my parents and didn't want to stick them with the bill, so I passed it up. I have regrets. Typically it is at least $40.

I am leading this committee at work to look for new ideas and improvements and whatnot. I am thinking about linking this 20-minute episode to the committee:

http://www.npr.org/s...nt_economy.html

I listened to it back in 2010, and it kind of blew my mind. It's not that I wasn't aware of these concepts, just hadn't heard the dots connected like that before.

I have a framed conjoined triangles of success on my desk, so it gets uncomfortable for me when I start having to discuss lean with people.

• Like 2

I saw Pappy 15 on the menu at a really nice restaurant here in town, for $15/pour. I was out with my parents and didn't want to stick them with the bill, so I passed it up. I have regrets. Typically it is at least $40.

I have a framed conjoined triangles of success on my desk, so it gets uncomfortable for me when I start having to discuss lean with people.

At $15/pour you should have bought the bottle. I paid quite a bit more than $40 but I was in NYC so I'm sure there was a location tax.

The framed conjoined triangles is a great idea. I should get one for my office.

Are you afraid of your parents? Even I would try it at $15. Might even mix it with Diet Coke if someone was there I could irritate

You coulda told the waiter to charge you seperately, you coulda handed them a $20, any number of things.

I hear so many stories of people afraid to be themselves around their parents. So weird to me. But I seem to be the outlier

When my buddy bought his bottle of Pappy 15 a couple years ago it was $99 from the store. If these are selling on the secondary market for 6-700, why doesn't the distributor just charge at least 60% of that so they are participating in the "true vale" of their spirit. If the store is selling for $99 they cant be buying it for much more than $50.

it's all bullshit designed to keep the bottles scarce. Buffalo Trace / Sazerac threaten to cut allocations for distributors who mark up the limited edition bottles. distributors typically do the same to liquor stores, again at the behest of the distillery. if they were priced according to market and sitting on the shelf collecting dust, I don't think anyone would care anymore.

I am seeing more and more stuff marked up and sitting, when it would have previously been impossible to find. so I have a suspicion that it may be peaking.

my pappy 15 was $80, but I sat in line all night for the privilege. I would not do it again.