Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Job is whatever. We are merging with another bank, which officially happens in Oct. One community bank into another. Should work out ok. Better Benny's.

Had last week off. Hired some people to totally demo, redesign and retile our shower. Trashed the tub (hot tub style with jets, never used it) Will end up being just under $5k Wife designed it and we picked out the tiles and accent backsplash type pieces. Should be nice. Next up, granite countertops and backsplash in the kitchen.

We have been looking for a house, and this stuff needed to be done to get a good price, but the more we spend, the more likely we are to stay. All we really wanted was the same house (upgraded with the stuff we are currently doing) with a big backyard, for the dogs. But everytime we see a house, there is something we hate about it, or, it's already under contract. It's a fast moving market for our price range. We don't want to go higher than $275k (spare me, Ouch) as our house is 3/5 paid off. 10 years left or so.

• Like 1

Haven't had a single drop of booze since July 9th and won't until Sept 18, unless something really fun comes up. For no other reason to say that I went for 2 months with any booze.

I've concluded that I don't need alcohol, but I sure as hell like it.

Still been a turd with working out and dieting. I wish I could find motivation with that. I did get a new bike, a Fuji, even got the wife a matching one. I love it. It rides so nice. But it's just sooo fcking hot for the last two months. But that's just a crappy excuse. Oh well, Monday starts a new week, so there is always hope for me.

Life would be so much easier if we had a big yard for the dogs to play in. And I could do stuff too, have my golf net set up permanently, a place to work on my chipping. Unlike napa, I can't just let my dog go at a dog park. The rub on that is, he needs a dog to go after so I can correct his behavior and work on him, but I can't risk the other dog's safety. So, it's a tough battle

• Like 1

I created a spreadsheet last night, hoping to basically re-spark my interest in weight loss. I am just logging my weight on a daily basis, and then alongside it, tracking calories and using a constant maintenance number to map out what my weight should actually be. on a daily basis, obviously it'll never be accurate, but over time I would think I will be able to draw some general conclusions. I did not do this back in the day, and I really wish I had, because I could absolutely figure out my maintenance with enough data. who knows how that has changed over time, of course.

anyway, I called it FAT.xlsx and my girlfriend asked to see it, and I didn't change the name before sending it along, so now she's mad at me...

• Like 1

If she was actually mad, even a little, that you named your personal weight tracking spreadsheet fat.whatever, please dump this woman. She's humorless and that makes for a long, unhappy life

I may be jumping to conclusion and overreacting, but I have to courage of my convictions.

• Like 2

I like that idea, Strat. I'm unsure if it would be a good idea for myself because of how I can get but i think it'd be good for you.

I've been doing very well with exercise and only OK with nutrition when really I should flip those. I just hate so much about myself right now it's hard to pick a starting spot.

It sounds like your GF has such serious body/self-image issues, that the mere mention of the word fat is a triggering word to her. That leaves you two options:

1) be sensitive towards her body issues, knowing that you'll never, ever be able to talk to her about her weight/body issues. You will simply need to accept that, as she slides towards middle age, that her ever ballooning ass is just the price you'll have to pay for her love, and you'll pay it in silence. Try not to let resentment bubble up too much

2) You bet back into her and start calling her fatty, and make constant comments about her weight and body, constantly fat shaming her. She'll either leave you for being a monster, or she'll develop a severe eating disorder, and her ass will stay perfect well into middle age, at which point you'll be trading up for a younger model anyway.

• Like 4

I like how BigD knows exactly how to troll people, and that in this case, Strat KNOWS he's being trolled and will still be unable to keep it from affecting him.

• Like 1

If she was actually mad, even a little, that you named your personal weight tracking spreadsheet fat.whatever, please dump this woman. She's humorless and that makes for a long, unhappy life

I may be jumping to conclusion and overreacting, but I have to courage of my convictions.

Forgive him strat, drunks get mean when they're jonezing for the sauce.

I like that idea, Strat. I'm unsure if it would be a good idea for myself because of how I can get but i think it'd be good for you.

I've been doing very well with exercise and only OK with nutrition when really I should flip those. I just hate so much about myself right now it's hard to pick a starting spot.

I've found the inverse works better for me. If I'm good with exercise, I can fudge a little on the nutrition and know that I'll burn it off. Or at least that's how it was for that week or two I was doing good at exercise.

It sounds like your GF has such serious body/self-image issues, that the mere mention of the word fat is a triggering word to her. That leaves you two options:

1) be sensitive towards her body issues, knowing that you'll never, ever be able to talk to her about her weight/body issues. You will simply need to accept that, as she slides towards middle age, that her ever ballooning ass is just the price you'll have to pay for her love, and you'll pay it in silence. Try not to let resentment bubble up too much

2) You bet back into her and start calling her fatty, and make constant comments about her weight and body, constantly fat shaming her. She'll either leave you for being a monster, or she'll develop a severe eating disorder, and her ass will stay perfect well into middle age, at which point you'll be trading up for a younger model anyway.

Another upside of option 2, depending on severity of said disorder, she may lose her teeth and can start to give you gumjobs while you can still get erect enough without a prescription to get the full enjoyment.

can't fool me bro, you're a sickie now.

201501_1956_dicdf.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't look at the poster's name and only glanced at the avatar and so I thought brvy posted this at first. This puzzled me.

Trolling my ass. I'm dropping nothing but the real in that post.

Doesn't really good trolling have to include truth? I think it does.

I was in a meeting to review a relationship and I was looking at the holdings report. Lady has 3 million in Lockheed with a basis of 1.12 per share. The whole portfolio is like that. Coke at 10 cents a share, P&G for 90 cents a share. I hope no one points out to her there's no reason to pay someone to manage this thing. The work doesn't begin until the day she dies.

Also, I'm pretty sure Speedz wouldn't want anyone checking out a 60 year old.

Let's see these pics.

I was in a meeting to review a relationship and I was looking at the holdings report. Lady has 3 million in Lockheed with a basis of 1.12 per share. The whole portfolio is like that. Coke at 10 cents a share, P&G for 90 cents a share. I hope no one points out to her there's no reason to pay someone to manage this thing. The work doesn't begin until the day she dies.

we have a few like that. one of them has a spending problem, so we are just letting the client snowball the margin until we are forced to start liquidating. really sad.

I don't think she was actually mad, she just likes to be angry at me. I have a part, she has hers. I knew it would piss her off before hitting send.

the amount of potential damage to be done by not working out pales in comparison to the number of double quarter pounders I can eat over and above my daily limit.

Ronny, you've been awfully quiet lately about the job. How's the bank, still got money to loan?

Nap, you quit your job yet?

Hank, you still pretending to have a woman in your life?

Fritzy, time to tell us who you really are. My money is on Wang.

McGee, when are you gonna post in here full time?

Dutch, have you had sex in any unusual places lately?

Thera, you out of jail yet?

Strat, what did you decide about your lady friend?

Brvy, is this new job all you hoped?

Tilty, you Benedict Arnold ************.

Jubi, my man, what's cooking?

Guapy, if the cubbies win the series I'll be sort of happy for you.

Frau, I miss your weird stories about gay people and midgets.

Anyone else, be more memorable.

:(