I Called In Sick Today

not trying to be a Debbie downer, but one of our clients has permanent nerve damage and chronic pain for the rest of his life as a result of a chiro visit. had to retire from a great job, etc.

I mean, there is the angle that he takes great drugs and was able to do Roth conversions for his entire $1mm IRA and paid almost no taxes. so he does have that going for him.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I hear good and bad things about the chiro

I don't think one cured TG's kid's cold.

I hear that once you use one; you'll need to regularly. Not good. But I also hear they can do a lot of good stuff.

5x5 at my absolute strongest, I could do 300lb bench and 315lbs on squat. We didn't deadlift much. Overhead press, 155, and that was seated. I just turned 18. Best bench was 385 and squat was 505. Yes, full squat, to 90 degrees. Did that once, hated it. My back and right quad wasn't a fan. 4 plates on each side (405) was enough for me while using free weights. Now, if I were feeling froggy and strong, I might put 225lbs on a smith machine and squat

225lbs was my standard for reps of 8-10 until my late 20's early 30's. Haven't been under a bench for a while. Wonder if I could still knock out 5 reps of 185, cold

I view chiro stuff like I view Essential Oils and other aromatherapy. If it makes you happy, by all means, but I'm going to remain skeptical until several scientific studies show me that I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I view chiro stuff like I view Essential Oils and other aromatherapy. If it makes you happy, by all means, but I'm going to remain skeptical until several scientific studies show me that I'm wrong.

No, no, no. I had no idea this was your worldview.

Unless you're talking about Noah's Ark. That shit was real yo.

• Like 1

There are good chiros, but there are a lot of bad ones too. If you are having back problems, I think they're a pretty reasonable approach. If they tell you they can cure your cancer, run.

the ice cream social was a joke. they just bought these individual self serving cup things and had chocolate or vanilla. freaking company nets a billion dollars per year, and we're only the private part of the bank and they can't spring for some goddamn good ice cream.

on an unrelated note, i'm setting up an interview for a trust counsel position with a smaller trust company in town. only a JD could get this job, so it would be a smart move for me long term.

• Like 1

Definitely agree there's good and bad chiros. I have a good one for sure. And with my job my shoulder and back problems were becoming a huge issue. The shoulder had been bothering me for 10 years and was getting worse every time I wore my air pack for even a couple minutes I could barely use my left arm for several days. And I know most won't believe the story of my son. But I'd been around him when he had boogers in his nose for 3+ years all the time. Maybe it was a coincidence that they were gone for good for going on a year now after 3-4 adjustments but I'm happy regardless.

I dissed chiros for years, but I started seeing one in desperation because of my frozen shoulder this past winter, and he has revolutionized my shoulder. I can move it again and kinda use my arm. I was going 3x a week for a long time but I'm down to 1x month now for a tuneup and its crazy the difference he has made. Mind you, he also tells me to take fish oil capsules instead of ibuprofen and I smile and nod, but I can't deny he has got my arm moving again. Physio didn't, physical therapy didn't, and surgeon only managed to do so with cortisone - he did it by force.

Yesterday, a female coworker was wearing a sleeve brace on her elbow so I asked her what happened. Said she hurt her elbow and I said "by jerking off?" I may have lied on my annual review when I said I keep conversations between coworkers workplace appropriate.

Edit: Upon reflection this is a new year so, I did not lie because I was referring to last year. I might have to revise that statement for this years review next July.

She did. She actually had bursitis of the elbow and described it as "growing a testicle" and when she asked her doctor to drain it he said "well, if semen comes out of it were both going to be very rich".

Still, probably inappropriate language for a place of business.

She did. She actually had bursitis of the elbow and described it as "growing a testicle" and when she asked her doctor to drain it he said "well, if semen comes out of it were both going to be very rich".

Still, probably inappropriate language for a place of business.

The idea of a doctor talking about semen at work is offensive to my core values.

People who say they'll never go to a chiro have never dealt with a crippling pain that couldn't be fixed by an exhaustion of traditional therapies.

My mom said xe'd never try healing crystals until traditional doctors told xer xe was inoperable. Everyone is smug until science fails them.

• Like 1

Yesterday, a female coworker was wearing a sleeve brace on her elbow so I asked her what happened. Said she hurt her elbow and I said "by jerking off?" I may have lied on my annual review when I said I keep conversations between coworkers workplace appropriate.

Napa, I'll need to see you in my office.

My mom said xe'd never try healing crystals until traditional doctors told xer xe was inoperable. Everyone is smug until science fails them.

I'm fine with you guys using the xe pronouns generally (it's kind of funny how much gender ambiguity you're going for), but when you already denote your 'mom' instead of 'parent', aren't they kind of pointless?

I guess I could start threads in Entertainment (and will if there's demand), but started watching Superstore and Welcome to Sweden recently. The latter sadly only got two seasons, but it's quite funny. The former got picked up for a second season and so far has a Community/The Office vibe going for it. Anyway, yeah, just recommending in case you want something funny to watch.

I'm fine with you guys using the xe pronouns generally (it's kind of funny how much gender ambiguity you're going for), but when you already denote your 'mom' instead of 'parent', aren't they kind of pointless?

This is a pretty narrow-minded and frankly offensive comment.

• Like 5

5Hqnn99.gif