• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Mine doesn't. And I foolishly didn't roll over my 401k to an outside Roth when I left my job the first time. And when I came back they now had a Roth option so now my account is probably 65/35 standard/roth.

And if that was a subtle jab at how I don't need the jacket then WELL IT WORKED.

I remember your investment options being not awful. probably not the worst situation in the world. you should try to get on the board that makes retirement plan decisions, if one exists. it's not like it costs the company any more money to get more competent and offer better options to employees. it's a problem if it's some idiot friend of the CEO, of course, but the better 401k reps are just good at offering cheaper options to plan participants...

if there was a board, napa would have 20 years before he might be able to get on it. they don't just let anyone on those boards. NO OFFENSE BRO.

i had to listen to an FA try to sell the head of EP at a big law firm, who was in line to chair the company retirement plan board in three years, on "our" services. it was a tough sell, but she got a presentation. and despite using me to get that meeting, she did not let me attend the presentation.

and that is financial advisers in a nut shell.

if there was a board, napa would have 20 years before he might be able to get on it. they don't just let anyone on those boards. NO OFFENSE BRO.

and that is financial advisers in a nut shell.

even my company still has a few garbage FAs, despite how hard they have tried to tinker with incentives. dudes working 20-30 hours/week, turning down referrals that could be handed off to younger guys, just totally uninterested in anything other than monetizing their existing clients.

those guys all got hammered pretty badly this year, which was pretty satisfying to watch.

Frau,

There is a Scandinavian deli that famously serves these deli plates with like cured meats, fish, eggs, sprouts, etc. on what looks like a small, circular, metal pizza tray. I recall it's in or near LA. Do you by any chance know what I'm talking about? My google skills are failing me.

You kinky soothsayer.

http://la.smorgasburg.com/

It's been my experience that the higher ups don't actually care who screwed up, or at least a back and forth about it, they just want it fixed. Therefore, the original rat always wins. I am never the rat. I always take blame and give out credit. I hope people notice that I'm the smart, humble yet talented team player They never do

We notice, and the generously proportioned Floridian wait staff notice. Thank you.

I really hope we do secret Santa this year.

Pretty sure this would be good for everyone except Strat. And that includes Frau

http://thejerkshirt.com/

We've still got it!

We notice, and the generously proportioned Floridian wait staff notice. Thank you!

Noticing the hard work team mindedness is a luxury the for-profit workplace can't afford.

• Like 1

Woke up at 4, as is tradition, and noticed I was warm and my bedside fan wasn't on. Not unusual, it's old and sometimes stops. Try to get it going. Nothing. Try my bedroom lights...nothing. Gd power's out again. This time it appears it's a much broader issue and not just local to my complex. Lovely.

I think naps just likes torturing himself. has terrible fans. loses power. fails to get his laundry done. lives where blacks leave their shoes. gets solicited by genuine hard-working local businesses. a life I can't imagine leading.

changed my 401k contributions to pretax the other day. if that isn't flying the white flag on one's career, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

I looked at buying a new fan but the research I did came up with the 3 best fans at different price points...$20, $75, and $300. And my current fan is the recommend fan at $20 so I just greased up the affected parts and it's been running fine since. As long as I have power.

That said...you might be on to something about me purposefully sabotaging my life.

Oh, and first 2017 wedding is officially on the calendar. June 17th.

This one is in town though so no travel costs unless I fly Frau in. There will be a gay man standing as a bridesmaid if that piques your interest.

Oh, and this is one of my few post-college friends so the couple must legitimate like me a little bit.

We won't hold our breath.

Strat you need to settle into the long night because it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be miserable, and it's gonna last you the rest of your life.

Napa has two motorcycles, umpteen pairs of moderately expensive shoes, yet cheaps out in the one important thing that is used every night, a fan.

I need an overhead fan to sleep, unless I'm in a hotel that I can run the ac at 68

Last year I did one month without drinking. This year, I am going for 2 months in a row

July 10-Sept 10. Stone cold sober. Not a drop

The dates happen to work out perfectly for social drinking. July 9 is UFC 200 and Sept 11 is the Dolphins first game of the season, 4:05pm at Seattle. Such a happy coincidence.

I know. Totally illogical. I just hate spending money on needs. It's like, I'll go out on a Friday and drop $50 with $20 of that being a tip no problem but paying $40 for an oil change is the most painful thing in the world.

I know. Totally illogical. I just hate spending money on needs. It's like, I'll go out on a Friday and drop $50 with $20 of that being a tip no problem but paying $40 for an oil change is the most painful thing in the world.

Did we just become best friends?!?!

• Like 2

speaking of stupid spending tendencies. I did cut my own hair last night, and spent $20 on plastic for the next few years' worth of haircuts. it's just stupid for me to go to the barber, even though I don't get any special enjoyment from doing it myself. $20/mo is a dumb expense for my extremely uncomplicated hairstyle.

it was rough, the first six months or so of oversights and mistakes. now, it is at about the same level as a barber would do for me, and it's on my schedule and at cost.

I know that Napa and Ron are both flipping shit reading this, but what are you gonna do.